"Order of Protection" put on my friend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really can't fathom why people who get inflamed this easily go to online forums

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Second of all, I really don't get why people here are so caught up on whether this was OP or not. Even if it was, respect the man's anonymity. If you had a friend who came up to you and told you "my buddy has problem x,y,z, can you give me advice as to how to help him" you wouldn't jump to the conclusion that your friend's "buddy" was actually your friend. The amount of empathy you people show on these threads is absurd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
lololol talking about using quotations properly, use the right form of YOU'RE before correcting other's grammar and coming off as a condescending do*che

Quotations = Grammar. Also so angry.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is because OP here obviously is not lying and is telling the truth. Ever heard that there is two sides to every coin?

Or maybe OP is you?

Reactions: 1 users
Since we're talking about the potential loss of your friends future and career and all chances he ever has at becoming a physician, I would say that he should have lawyered up as soon as he possibly could have. If he hasnt yet, he should do it right now.

hey welcome back

UPDATE ON THE SITUATION!
Alright so all charges were dismissed on my friend. Order of protection dropped because it was "unfounded". The prosecutors side didn't do anything they were supposed to do (didn't get any evidence over 4 months) because they really didn't have any. So the result:

No conviction. No charge. No order of protection on record. The only problem is he now was "1 arrest" from when he turned himself in. Which he can get expunged before the next application cycle. It would go under "getting expunged because you were innocent". When getting something expunged you are legally allowed to pretend it never happened when applying for jobs or schools. The only people that will have it on record are things like the FBI and CIA etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong in any of this. And thanks for your unwavering confidence!

You should really be asking a lawyer for legal advice rather than us.

Check the update right above you friend

I did read it, I just don't know why he is telling us this information on a public forum. Discussing an ongoing legal matter on a public forum can only hurt you. That's why I said he should be discussing these issues with his lawyers, not us.

My advice from the last post stands: I think you need to seek mental help, and anger management.

The way you type screams bipolar at the very least.

SDN is not for medical advice, or requested/unrequested diagnoses.

The TC should be good for schools that do not ask for arrests/charges, but only convictions, as far as I can tell.

Members don't see this ad :)
So its not the place for medical advice, but it is the place for legal advice. I see.

My advice from the last post stands: I think you need to seek mental help, and anger management.

The way you type screams bipolar at the very least.

You must think you are so nonjudgemental don't you.

Alright so as the last comment I'm going to make here. Because god damn this forum has some undesirable types. I was never looking for legal advice, and I was never looking for medical advice. What I was looking for was "Information on the application process to medical school, how thorough is the background check, what will come up, what will they see, and how strongly will they hold it against my friend." These are things we could not find out easily on our own. Throughout this endeavour of mine I've gotten medical diagnoses on my mental health, and I've gotten strong suggestions for anger management. I've been told that this isn't the place for legal advice, and that this isn't the place for medical advice. And a whole slew of comments implying my friends guilt. This is all absolutely hilarious coming from the pre-physicians of the world.

As for JustaDO, you've hit a nerve on me and I'm just caffinated enough to care. "The way you type screams bipolar at the very least.". I already go to a psychiatrist for minor ADD, I work closely with doctors for shadowing, and I've already graduated with high marks. I'm not sure where you are in your medical school process but regardless here some advice for life. What I can tell you about yourself, which is much more accurate then your half assed diagnosis of me, is that you're most likely a loser. But you're specifically the type that flaunts around an air of superiority. You feel better about yourself nitpicking people, and coming up with grand conclusions on things in life and on people without really going through to the end and seeing if you were right or not. Maybe you're the gunner that loves looking down on people, or maybe you're the guy at the bottom 10% that needs to take shots at other people to reinforce the cognitive dissonance that prevents you from seeing the short comings in your own life. Regardless your posts REEK of over-inflated ego. I'm just a random scrub on the internet. But take some advice, and try pointing that magnifying glass you so flawlessly use on other people towards yourself. Because the majority of people in the world can see through your bull**** and most likely just tolerate you.

If you think I'm bull****ting, think of it this way. What exactly were you trying to accomplish from your posts about "I think you need to seek mental help, and anger management. The way you type screams bipolar at the very least.". Was there any compassion in it? Do you really care what happens to me or my friend? Were you seriously trying to help another human being? Do you really think one of us needs serious professional health? No, you were trying to scratch an itch in your head that's only itched when you feel smug about yourself by putting yourself above someone else, by being condescending, Either by climbing over someone else or pushing someone else down. In contrast I'm writing this post mostly out of altruism for YOU.

TL;DR It's clear you're a dick, for unwarranted reasons, so work on that. Later ya'll

Expunged records turn up on background checks run by government hospitals.
Some schools that are affiliated with these hospitals ask about arrests in order to assess the likelihood of a delay or denial of hospital privileges.

Reactions: 2 users
So the answer is that your friend needs to disclose this, state that all charges were dismissed due to a complete lack of evidence because he was innocent, and that to the best of his knowledge, all records have been expunged -- but that in an abundance of caution and in the interests of transparency, he wanted to be upfront. He should also acknowledge that he displayed poor judgement in remaining in a relationship with a volatile SO, and has definitely learned that lesson.

Reactions: 3 users
First for one, I don't really care what happens to your friend, since you = him, so the charade can end now.

"God damn man. Context. I was literally under assault with my head down. It was a flimsy fake NYC apartment door. I didn't put my foot through it out of anger or something.

The truth of the matter is this, you didn't "run" into the door. You punched it thinking you were being "assaulted". But of course, the door was flimsy, like cardboard right? And under assault? Good god, we need to give you the medal of honor as only a angry person could punch a door hard enough to dent it, and that you are clearly not from this post.

\ When getting something expunged you are legally allowed to pretend it never happened when applying for jobs or schools. The only people that will have it on record are things like the FBI and CIA etc.

Try to legally pretend it never happened on the medical licensing board. Or try to legally pretend it never happened if you should rotate at the VA. Hilarious coming from a pre-physician of the world.

Here's some real advice for you. I seen your type quite well, blame the world, its never "MY" fault, its always someone else holding me down. Usually, this guy is the same guy from the high school 10 years ago still wearing his letterman jacket. Look at what your wearing, don't be shocked if it just described you to a T. These people tend to over-exaggerate to make themselves feel better, always talking about those "glory days". No worries though, those jackets keep you warm when you are still night stocking at Walmart.

Just think why so many people are "implying" your guilt. Why? Its because we can see through your BS, and unlike the real world, we don't even need to pretend we don't, much like many of the people around you I am willing to bet. Of course though, its because we are "insert excuse here." When you fail to get into medical school, I'm sure you will have some new reason, but because I'm feeling generous, here's a platform to start off with, try blaming affirmative action, that should be a easy target for you.

TL;DR Never going to be a doctor.

First for one, I don't really care what happens to your friend, since you = him, so the charade can end now.

The truth of the matter is this, you didn't "run" into the door. You punched it thinking you were being "assaulted". But of course, the door was flimsy, like cardboard right? And under assault? Good god, we need to give you the medal of honor as only a angry person could punch a door hard enough to dent it, and that you are clearly not from this post.

Try to legally pretend it never happened on the medical licensing board. Or try to legally pretend it never happened if you should rotate at the VA. Hilarious coming from a pre-physician of the world.

Here's some real advice for you. I seen your type quite well, blame the world, its never "MY" fault, its always someone else holding me down. Usually, this guy is the same guy from the high school 10 years ago still wearing his letterman jacket. Look at what your wearing, don't be shocked if it just described you to a T. These people tend to over-exaggerate to make themselves feel better, always talking about those "glory days". No worries though, those jackets keep you warm when you are still night stocking at Walmart.

Just think why so many people are "implying" your guilt. Why? Its because we can see through your BS, and unlike the real world, we don't even need to pretend we don't, much like many of the people around you I am willing to bet. Of course though, its because we are "insert excuse here." When you fail to get into medical school, I'm sure you will have some new reason, but because I'm feeling generous, here's a platform to start off with, try blaming affirmative action, that should be a easy target for you.

TL;DR Never going to be a doctor.

them fighting words from an osteopath on an allopathic medicine forum

This thread is funny and depressing all at once.

them fighting words from an osteopath on an allopathic medicine forum

them fighting words from a premed who's likely to never even get in medical school

thems fighting words from you're all a bunch of dinguses, chill out

Your educating us on a real story? Here's some education for you, learn how to use quotations.

Second, your right, I do see a issue, I see you have some gender insecurities, with some serious underlying anger problem too. Get help so it doesn't affect you the rest of your life.

Not to be incendiary but when you correct someone else's grammar, always make sure yours is perfect

Not to be incendiary, but when you correct someone else's grammar, always make sure yours is perfect.

Not to be incendiary, but if you are going to criticize someone's grammar, remember that in sentences, there are commas and periods too.

Oscar Wilde was right.

Last edited:
I am not here to pick fights. I can't be bothered fighting with keyboard warriors. My grammar will never be perfect since English is not my first language. My punctuation will often leave a lot to be desired. The OP however had a good question and you went mediaeval on him. I don't know what is happening in your life right now but fighting people on the internet is not the answer

If you are not here to pick fights, then why did you even post that? The irony of stating you are not here to pick fights, but then begin by criticizing someone must have escaped you. Oh, it must have been because you are not trying to be incendiary.

If you are not here to pick fights, then why did you even post that? The irony of stating you are not here to pick fights, but then begin by criticizing someone must have escaped you. Oh, it must have been because you are not trying to be incendiary.
Ok you win the internet with your witty responses. I give up

Typical, someone who wants to jump in the pool, but not get wet.

Life's going to be tough for you, my advice is buy a jacket, because life can be pretty cold.