Oregon State c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nooo I thought I had a few more weeks before I had to start freaking out about Oregon! I remember last year they kind of sent stuff in chunks, and I called at some point in Feb and was told I was an alternate, but then got a rejection email mid-March.
Congrats guys on the acceptances already!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted by email today. Only $1000 scholarship, which doesn't help at all. Wish it could be a contender.

LSD: Congrats even still! You are an unstoppable application force. Chalk another one up for the geriatric set.

Hi and congrats to those who are already accepted!!!
I'm curious to know your stats (for those who are OOS)...?
I'm really freaking out knowing that you guys heard back already :(
Hoping to hear back soon.. sigh!

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm going to hold off on that b/c I am so freakin' non-trad that it wouldn't give you any insight at all. You don't have to have stats like mine in order to get in, so don't fret about it. Easier said than done, right? Hang in there, and wishing you super good luck! :luck:

I'm sorry, nonresidents who haven't received an acceptance, to post this. Poop.

I just emailed the admissions office asking about the offers for OOS applicants, and was informed that all the first round offers for nonresident positions have been sent out. Last year, the college did not pick from the alternate pool because there were 62 initial offers for 16 spots, all of which were filled by the first round applicants. This year there were 63 initial offers for the same 16 spots, and they have not yet created the alternate pool.

They said the official decisions would be sent out next week.

Congratulations :love: to everyone who's been offered a spot! It looks like I, at least, won't be joining you.:(

Nope. Commence freak out now. And best of luck to you (and everyone else waiting to hear from Oregon)! :xf:
Agreed! I'm still shocked honestly. Of the 4 I applied, I was waiting for a big fat NO from Oregon....
I'd be willing to. Either on here or PM. let me know!
Congratulations :love: to everyone who's been offered a spot! It looks like I, at least, won't be joining you.:(

Congrats to everyone (OOS especially) for acceptances! Regrets to OOS-ers who didn't hear! (Is there a waitlist? I'm not sure, but I have a inclination of possibly canceling my spot....) But I'm not sure yet!!

Wow, I'm still shocked. Honestly, when you see my animal &vet stats, you'll know why...... :love:SDN!

I'm sorry, nonresidents who haven't received an acceptance, to post this. Poop.

I just emailed the admissions office asking about the offers for OOS applicants, and was informed that all the first round offers for nonresident positions have been sent out. Last year, the college did not pick from the alternate pool because there were 62 initial offers for 16 spots, all of which were filled by the first round applicants. This year there were 63 initial offers for the same 16 spots, and they have not yet created the alternate pool.

Thanks so much for asking and letting us know, it's good to have that info. I'm disappointed, of course, but really glad that I have a few other schools still potentially in the running. But if 50 of you OOSers decline your offers because you are going elsewhere, I won't complain! :D

Thanks so much for asking and letting us know, it's good to have that info.

I agree. At least better this way than on a Monday afternoon - Now I have zero qualms about a nice big glass of wine tonight, or maybe three. Followed by a loooong run tomorrow.

But if 50 of you OOSers decline your offers because you are going elsewhere, I won't complain! :D

Hear Hear!!:D

just received an interview invitation for 2/15 via email (IS). hooray!!!!!!!!

I just got an interview invite too for 2/15! I'm super happy right now but I have soooooooo much to do before then! :p

Can I just say that Holly Bell is soooo nice? I just called to confirm my interview and she gave me advice and told me that if I get nervous I should just picture the interviewers in their underwear. OMG - I want to go to this school so badly! *knock on wood*

Can I just say that Holly Bell is soooo nice? I just called to confirm my interview and she gave me advice and told me that if I get nervous I should just picture the interviewers in their underwear. OMG - I want to go to this school so badly! *knock on wood*

Best wishes! Sometimes, I've heard that advice backfire (it might for me!) but don't stress. Be honest & professional & articulate, and you'll rock your interview!!!

I'll be thinking good thoughts to you and Gloriaisabella (and everyone with invites) on your interview days!!:luck::thumbup:

Thank you kaydubs! For some reason, whenever I'm nervous, it doesn't even occur to me that I should think of people in their underwear because I'm busy just trying to survive!

ps. You should just accept Oregon's offer and come play with us next year *knock on wood*! People in Oregon are the nicest people you'll ever meet, we have the best food, the best nature, and no sales tax. I like the vet school, especially, because it's small, new, and doesn't try to act like an ivy league school haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you kaydubs! For some reason, whenever I'm nervous, it doesn't even occur to me that I should think of people in their underwear because I'm busy just trying to survive!

ps. You should just accept Oregon's offer and come play with us next year *knock on wood*! People in Oregon are the nicest people you'll ever meet, we have the best food, the best nature, and no sales tax. I like the vet school, especially, because it's small, new, and doesn't try to act like an ivy league school haha.

No sales tax?! Hm, I very well might be sold! :laugh: Seriously though, once I hear from Tufts (if it's a rejection) I'm booking the quickest flight out to Oregon to see if it would be a good fit for me!!! Best of luck to you:love::luck::love:

No sales tax?! Hm, I very well might be sold! :laugh: Seriously though, once I hear from Tufts (if it's a rejection) I'm booking the quickest flight out to Oregon to see if it would be a good fit for me!!! Best of luck to you:love::luck::love:

Very much no sales tax! I live on the border between the two states (Oregon and WA) and we often drive over to Oregon just to avoid it. :laugh: Course, Oregon has an employment tax instead, but it's still not as bad as paying tax on everything. you. buy. ever.

Sooooo I finally got my email today....alternate's list. Although Oregon started out as one of my top choices, I'm going to have myself taken off and keep Ohio as my frontrunner, unless Penn absolutely blows me away. Goodluck to all you guys!

Sooooo I finally got my email today....alternate's list. Although Oregon started out as one of my top choices, I'm going to have myself taken off and keep Ohio as my frontrunner, unless Penn absolutely blows me away. Goodluck to all you guys!

Hey! Just curious- why did Oregon go from one of your top choices to an offer that you might turn down? I was accepted to Ohio State and am an alternate at Oregon State and I'm trying to weigh out the pros and cons in case I do get in to Oregon. I absolutely loved Ohio State as a school but am not in love with Columbus. I think the scenery in Oregon would suit me better but I want to know that I'll get the same quality education.:confused:

First of all...Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted or is interviewing next week!

I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in possibly living with me in the fall. I have not decided 100% that I will be needing a roommate but I thought I would put out feelers. I will be starting my first year of pharmacy school in the fall and am looking for a conscientious roommate that is in a similarly rigorous academic program and will be extra careful with my animals (not let my cat out accidentally, leave things out for the dog to eat..etc). I am a certified vet tech and have worked in the vet industry now for six years and am hoping to take extra courses in vet pharmacology during my Pharmacy program, so we will at least have something in common...haha! Let me know if anyone might be interested. I will probably repost later on after more people have been accepted but figured it doesn't hurt to start looking!

Hey! Just curious- why did Oregon go from one of your top choices to an offer that you might turn down? I was accepted to Ohio State and am an alternate at Oregon State and I'm trying to weigh out the pros and cons in case I do get in to Oregon. I absolutely loved Ohio State as a school but am not in love with Columbus. I think the scenery in Oregon would suit me better but I want to know that I'll get the same quality education.:confused:
Hey breester! I just mailed my acceptance on Saturday but I'm still keeping my options open (location of one of my other choices would be the main pulling points & I loved the programs they have to offer!) PM if you have any more questions! I do have a friend who's a 1st year at Ohio if you want some vet student input!

I have not decided 100% that I will be needing a roommate but I thought I would put out feelers. so we will at least have something in common...haha! Let me know if anyone might be interested.
Potential yes. I'll get back to you if it changes.

Is there anyone that applied to Oregon and has not heard anything? I got the email that said my application is complete but I have not heard anything since. I see that people have received all types of notices (ie acceptance, alternate, rejection). Should I email or continue to wait? Thoughts?
Oh and I'm OOS

Is there anyone that applied to Oregon and has not heard anything? I got the email that said my application is complete but I have not heard anything since. I see that people have received all types of notices (ie acceptance, alternate, rejection). Should I email or continue to wait? Thoughts?
Oh and I'm OOS

Hey there! I am OOS & received my acceptance the last week of January. I would email or call! Just in case your email isn't right or something...

LabLove3, I am in the same boat as you. I called and asked if I had missed my rejection or something. Holly said that they are still going through apps, and that no news is good news. I am patiently waiting.

LabLove3, I am in the same boat as you. I called and asked if I had missed my rejection or something. Holly said that they are still going through apps, and that no news is good news. I am patiently waiting.

Okay thanks! I will try to patiently wait a little longer. Did she give you any timeline on when we should hear from them?
I wish all letters would just go out at the same time! Even though I know Oregon is most likely a rejection, the waiting game is killing me :eek:

Unfortunately, she did not give a time line. She said that the admissions process can go up until the first day of classes. I am expecting a rejection, too, but I guess I can hope.

Oh and I'm OOS

I just heard via email today that I'm an alternate... I'm an OOS (WICHE) applicant, but it seems they are still making decisions. Good luck!

Yep, today was the last day of interviews. I thought mine went really well but I'm in an odd spot where I'm trying not to get my hopes up but also giddy with excitement and stressed about hearing back. Anyways, rumor has it that they're making their "recommendations" tomorrow and letters will go out as early as next week. Take that with a grain of salt, but that's what I heard. Also, I'm pretty sure that I LOVE Corvallis. It's totally a small mom n pop sort of town with a farmer's coop that masquerades as a grocery store - right up my alley. Plus, the facilities at the vet school are AMAZING and all the people I met there were super nice! <3

Hey guys,

I was accepted as an OOS applicant and am worried about the whole 62 offers for 16 spots thing. The letter stated that in the rare case that too many people accept a spot, they would go in order of who submitted their acceptance forms first. I'm just curious as to how many have already submitted? I feel like I still need to wait to hear back from other schools and don't want to rush anything, but this is really stressing me out. Any thoughts?

I accepted my spot & sent my deposit. I can always withdraw if things change. There are plenty of people on the waiting list, ya know?
Hey guys,

I was accepted as an OOS applicant and am worried about the whole 62 offers for 16 spots thing. The letter stated that in the rare case that too many people accept a spot, they would go in order of who submitted their acceptance forms first. I'm just curious as to how many have already submitted? I feel like I still need to wait to hear back from other schools and don't want to rush anything, but this is really stressing me out. Any thoughts?

Just received an acceptance email (IS)! They say the official letter and info packet will arrive by snail mail shortly. Good luck to all of you candidates and can't wait to meet those of you that will be joining me in September :)

Waitlisted. Not a rejection, but also not an acceptance. I'm not really sure what to do with myself...

Waitlisted. Not a rejection, but also not an acceptance. I'm not really sure what to do with myself...

It could still happen...plenty of people came off the waitlist, myself included.

It could still happen...plenty of people came off the waitlist, myself included.

That makes me feel a lot better, thank you! Do you happen to know how deep they usually dip into the IS waitlist?

Withoutane, I don't know exact numbers. I came off the list in late March I think (maybe it was early April?), but I know people came off last year pretty late--August or September maybe? It really does depend on how many people accept their offers. Try reading last year's thread to see a little more of the timeline. Sorry I can't be more helpful with the details, but they don't typically share those details with us.

Thanks for the info though! Any bit helps haha. Right now I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. Actually, the possibility of a year off is a little exciting. There are so many opportunities out there! Also, I'm a huge believer in "everything happens for a reason" so at this point it would be REALLY NICE to be called off the waitlist but I'm kind of excited to be able to spend the next couple of months improving my app. :)

I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT IN!!!!!! I just got the acceptance email - best day of my LIFEEEEEEEE!!!!

:banana:

I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT IN!!!!!! I just got the acceptance email - best day of my LIFEEEEEEEE!!!!

:banana:

congratulations!!! that's sooo exciting! hopefully there are more spots for us waitlisters :)

congratulations! See you next year then.

Hi,
Just a note for anyone waiting for an IS position to open up, I just mailed my declination to OSU yesterday. Good luck to those still waiting.:luck: