Organic Chemistry Help! Feeling Overwhelmed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elusiveCHILD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm preparing for the April 29th MCAT and feel very overwhelmed when it comes to preparing for the Organic Chemistry. I feel like I didn't really learn as much as I should have when I took O. Chem and am basically starting from scratch. I have the TPR Hyperlearning Book and I feel like it doesn't do a great job of explaining concepts and is very long winded. Any suggestions you all have will be greatly accepted. Such as tips and etc? How is the EK Orgo Series? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'm preparing for the April 29th MCAT and feel very overwhelmed when it comes to preparing for the Organic Chemistry. I feel like I didn't really learn as much as I should have when I took O. Chem and am basically starting from scratch. I have the TPR Hyperlearning Book and I feel like it doesn't do a great job of explaining concepts and is very long winded. Any suggestions you all have will be greatly accepted. Such as tips and etc? How is the EK Orgo Series? Thanks in advance!

Search Amazon for a book called "Organic Chemistry as a Second Language". Buy it. Read it.

I noticed that, I really have learned a lot more with OSL. I'll just supplement the passages from TPR. I heard TBR's passages are very comprehensive, that is why it is highly ranked.