This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureCanDoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
While I was at a school, I was taking Orgo II but due to personal issues, I had to withdraw it. However, since it was too late to withdraw, I got an incomplete, but since I never completed the class on the time allotted, it turned into a F. I never took care of it and ended up graduating with it. Now though, I’m looking to getting that replaced but I’m not sure if it will get erased from my record. My question is, if I retake Orgo II at another school, getting a passing grade and leave the FIN in my transcript, would I still have a chance to get into Med school? What other options do I have?

Members don't see this ad.

While I was at a school, I was taking Orgo II but due to personal issues, I had to withdraw it. However, since it was too late to withdraw, I got an incomplete, but since I never completed the class on the time allotted, it turned into a F. I never took care of it and ended up graduating with it. Now though, I’m looking to getting that replaced but I’m not sure if it will get erased from my record. My question is, if I retake Orgo II at another school, getting a passing grade and leave the FIN in my transcript, would I still have a chance to get into Med school? What other options do I have?
You can fail a class and still get into medical school if you've truly shown that you've mastered that material the second time around, learned material more advanced than that course, and can guarantee you know how to not fail courses anymore.

This means: retake orgo 2 and get an A, get A's in courses like biochemistry and some other upper level bio/chem courses, and do well in the chem/phys section and bio/biochem portions of the MCAT.

However, that F will never be erased from your transcript, you will just have to make-up for it