Osama Bin Laden News- OT

Started by Its Z
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Its Z

Retired
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I call BS on the whole thing. He may be dead...and may have been dead for a long time. I guess we must just confirmed his death or something.

Why dispose his body so quickly in the ocean?

When we took out Saddam, there were pictures of his hanging to show.

What a convenient way to maneuver political agenda.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tin-foil-hat.jpg
 
I don't think the President and the military would dare to publicly fake his death. Imagine what a discredit if would be if Osama were still alive and he just broadcasted another video tape of himself making fun of the U.S.
 
I call BS on the whole thing. He may be dead...and may have been dead for a long time. I guess we must just confirmed his death or something.

Why dispose his body so quickly in the ocean?

When we took out Saddam, there were pictures of his hanging to show.

What a convenient way to maneuver political agenda.

Apparently they had to bury him within 24 hours according to Islamic law? I'm no expert, but that sounds legitimate to me. They claimed they had to bury him at sea because no country would take him, but that part does sound a little fishy to me. I'm sure there are countries that would have happily buried him, just not countries we're friendly with. The burial at sea was probably just easier and carried less risk of political controversy. Lots of people are going to be questioning this though, so if their evidence is lacking in any way, it's going to get out. They said they have DNA samples and whatnot, so we'll see.
 
Nah, its legit I think. You can't bury him or his grave becomes a shrine. Bulldoze the mansion and turn it into a McDonalds. The ocean dump is the logical move.

So far the only world "leader" that has come out AGAINST his death (that's I've seen) is the leader of some Palestinian organization (Hamas? Not sure). I'm sure Israel would have LOVED it if we'd given them OBL's body so they could create a shrine in the West Bank. It could have been the new Mecca for terrorist whack jobs. 👍
 
The benefit of Osama bin Laden's death is much less than the consequences of a faked ploy being discovered. So I would imagine it is real.

If you want to play the conspiracy theorist, you would want a faked event to happen closer to the election (bigger impact, less time for the ploy to be unraveled).
 
The benefit of Osama bin Laden's death is much less than the consequences of a faked ploy being discovered. So I would imagine it is real.

If you want to play the conspiracy theorist, you would want a faked event to happen closer to the election (bigger impact, less time for the ploy to be unraveled).

Good point. The election is still a long way off and a lot can happen in that time.

I can't convince my cat to take off his tinfoil hat, though. :meanie:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So far the only world "leader" that has come out AGAINST his death (that's I've seen) is the leader of some Palestinian organization (Hamas? Not sure). I'm sure Israel would have LOVED it if we'd given them OBL's body so they could create a shrine in the West Bank. It could have been the new Mecca for terrorist whack jobs. 👍

HAMAS is afraid of losing their power or having to deal with opposition from extremists. If they had applauded the killing then they'd gain another enemy to deal with.

I was surprised at the move for a burial at sea like Megatron.
 
Yup, I read that guy's live blog too, it was interesting.

I doubt it could have been faked..I think they lost a copter in the whole ordeal too..
 
There are actual pictures, which I definitely won't post here. Graphic and NSFW, but easily found via Google.

The burial at sea is weird though.

Now that I think about it, the burial at sea makes sense. You don't want them to make a shrine out of his grave the way that it happened with Saddam. Just take the pictures, prove it was him, DNA analysis, toss him into the sea.

If they brought his body back here, they would have been sued by his family for the body in international court and we don't need that kind of bull****. Just toss him into the sea and tell them, if you want the body, go find it.
 
should've captured him alive. That way, it completely erases any doubt we have him. Like Saddam.

Now we'll forever have the conspiracy theorist running with it.

Why bother with DNA test and all. They should have televised the funeral.

Well, at least this news will turn things around and make investors a bit more optimistic. Watch the oil price come down.
 
should've captured him alive. That way, it completely erases any doubt we have him. Like Saddam.

Now we're forever have the conspiracy theorist running with it.

Why bother with DNA test and all. They should have televised the funeral.

Well, at least this news will turn things around and make investors a bit more optimistic. Watch the oil price come down.

From what I heard, oil has already peaked and gas prices should be on the way down soon. This news would only accelerate that.
 
From what I heard, oil has already peaked and gas prices should be on the way down soon. This news would only accelerate that.

God I hope so premium gasoline is $4.10 a gallon. 🙄
 
Where do you live? I'm paying $4.39/gallon for premium. If I de-tune the chip on my car then I can probably get away with using mid-level gasoline, but that would mean dropping like 50 horsepower and 80 lb-ft of torque.

I live in GA...It might be more now...I got gasoline like 2 weeks ago...I am about to fill up again today. It's proberly more now.

I don't drive my Lexus anymore. I have a Volvo now. I still put premium in it just in case. I don't know if there is a huge advantage to that. I can proberly get away with using the 89 but since they price is about the same I figure what the hell. lol...
 
Apparently they had to bury him within 24 hours according to Islamic law? I'm no expert, but that sounds legitimate to me. They claimed they had to bury him at sea because no country would take him, but that part does sound a little fishy to me. I'm sure there are countries that would have happily buried him, just not countries we're friendly with. The burial at sea was probably just easier and carried less risk of political controversy. Lots of people are going to be questioning this though, so if their evidence is lacking in any way, it's going to get out. They said they have DNA samples and whatnot, so we'll see.
:meanie:

Seriously, DNA samples? How did we obtain DNA of him previously and not just kill him then? I'm pretty skeptical of this, as well as the "oh, well we just got rid of him the other day." I should skip my entire P3 and 4 years and just tell employers "Yeah, I graduated, I just threw my degree in the ocean."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:meanie:

Seriously, DNA samples? How did we obtain DNA of him previously and not just kill him then? I'm pretty skeptical of this, as well as the "oh, well we just got rid of him the other day." I should skip my entire P3 and 4 years and just tell employers "Yeah, I graduated, I just threw my degree in the ocean."

DNA samples could have been obtained from 1st degree relatives, from what I understand he had a sizable family.
Here's an actual pic of them watching the event, whats interesting is that if you look at the piece of paper in front of Clinton on the table, its censored out...wonder what it shows.


5680724572_d4696d593d_z.jpg


http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/5680724572/in/photostream
 
Last edited:
I call BS on the whole thing. He may be dead...and may have been dead for a long time. I guess we must just confirmed his death or something.

Why dispose his body so quickly in the ocean?

When we took out Saddam, there were pictures of his hanging to show.

What a convenient way to maneuver political agenda.

some of you believe that 9/11 was fluke, that obama was born in kenya... Even if you see the body, some of you will never actually believe.. We just live in a world of non sense and stupidity.
 
some of you believe that 9/11 was fluke, that obama was born in kenya... Even if you see the body, some of you will never actually believe.. We just live in a world of non sense and stupidity.

Ya mon. How did you get so non sense stupid.
 
DNA samples could have been obtained from 1st degree relatives, from what I understand he had a sizable family.
Here's an actual pic of them watching the event, whats interesting is that if you look at the piece of paper in front of Clinton on the table, its censored out...wonder what it shows.


5680724572_d4696d593d_z.jpg


http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/5680724572/in/photostream

what you failed to understand is that it is a guy that the us really knows as he was working for them.
i found it ridiculous that people believe the us president would lie about the death of Osama. it seems that people don't believe in facts any more.
 
We know he dead yo. Just questioning when and how. C'mon so you believed W when we attacked iraq for the wmd?
 
We know he dead yo. Just questioning when and how. C'mon so you believed W when we attacked iraq for the wmd?

Yes, there are folks that still believe sadam hussein has wmd. so that is what i say people would believe in random thing.. the us president and the us military officials would never gamble as the stakes would be too high.
 
An out ****ing standing day for US Special Operations. This is exactly what these guys train for and they executed it perfectly. Its been a long time since the failed hostage rescue in Iran in 1980. The lessons learned from that botched operation were finally put to the test and passed with flying colors. Hopefully our politicians will have a little more trust in the Spec Ops community and we will have more operations like this where high value targets are taken out with minimal casualties on both sides.

Say what you want about Obama but he had the balls to let these guys do what they were trained for with out a bunch of BS politcal interference.

I am a little dissappointed that the Navy got the mission. I was hoping to hear it was Army Delta that made the kill. I guess when the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is a Navy man you go with what you know. Either way, Seal Team 6 or Delta the job would have turned out the same. However the Navy has been getting all the good stuff lately. It would have been nice for Delta to get a little public redemtion from 1980. Of course they have had many successful operations since then that were not made public.
 
Last edited:
I'm sure it's to distract the country from talking about the very important fact that President Obama was born in Kenya. 🙄
Wikileaks released a batch of documents detailing some of the Gitmo detainees the same day Obama released his birth certificate. WL is claiming the birth certificate was a distraction from their stuff.
 
what you failed to understand is that it is a guy that the us really knows as he was working for them.
i found it ridiculous that people believe the us president would lie about the death of Osama. it seems that people don't believe in facts any more.

Looks more like a satellite photo of the compound

34.169276,73.242625
 
An out ****ing standing day for US Special Operations. This is exactly what these guys train for and they executed it perfectly. Its been a long time since the failed hostage rescue in Iran in 1980. The lessons learned from that botched operation were finally put to the test and passed with flying colors. Hopefully our politicians will have a little more trust in the Spec Ops community and we will have more operations like this where high value targets are taken out with minimal casualties on both sides.

Say what you want about Obama but he had the balls to let these guys do what they were trained for with out a bunch of BS politcal interference.

I am a little dissappointed that the Navy got the mission. I was hoping to hear it was Army Delta that made the kill. I guess when the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is a Navy man you go with what you know. Either way, Seal Team 6 or Delta the job would have turned out the same. However the Navy has been getting all the good stuff lately. It would have been nice for Delta to get a little public redemtion from 1980. Of course they have had many successful operations since then that were not made public.

Delta Force? Haven't heard much of them or the Green Berets lately. I always thought when it came to critical operations like this, they would either use the SEALs or the Rangers.
 
Haha, oh don't be silly! It's the US military for crying out loud. Props to them all regardless of what branch was involved. And they all were, regardless of who pulled the trigger.

There is a huge rivalry between the services. Trust me, in the Spec Ops community it mattered.

I do agree it was a good day for American and a good day for everyone in the US military regardless of who got the mission.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Delta Force? Haven't heard much of them or the Green Berets lately. I always thought when it came to critical operations like this, they would either use the SEALs or the Rangers.

You generally won't hear anything about any special operations. Special Forces A teams are in operation all the time all around the world.

I forgot that Delta was involved in the capture of Saddam Hussin and the killing of his two sons. Delta's area of operation is Iraq and the SEALS have Afganistan. There has been plenty of credit and glory for all!
 
The more info comes out, the more amazing all of this is.

Dude is living in a ****ing mansion in the 'burbs for 6 years. How hilarious is that? We've been sending troops through dank ass caves in God knows where for years now and the ****er has been chillin' 5 feet from a military base, sippin' on Pepsi and Coke.

And WTF got into Obama? Dude pulled off some serious gangsta **** with this. You're telling me he told some SpecOps spooks to go into a sovereign nation without informing said sovereign nation...break into a house...shoots his wife in the leg...and then proceed to shoot the dude, unarmed all the while, twice in the face...in front of his family...and then took his body to an aircraft carrier, leaving his family behind with a "**** You, fix that leg your own damn self" and a destroyed helicopter to play with. That's satisfyingly cold. I mean HELLA cold. The mafia didn't **** with people like that. His daughter claims he was begging for his life...ha. This **** is on the level of Capone. Valentine's Day Massacre style.

Then again...hey...dude is from Chicago...
 
Last edited:
Here is some things to consider: his wife said they took him to the helicopter. She did not see him got killed. I suggest that there is a possibility that he is still alive but in a secret prison. Reason for me to believe that is that they can take a lot of information out of him. Killing the guy won't change much the situation but keep him alive is a much more valuable choice for the war against terrorist. Of course, they need to make sure the world get over is by telling osama is dead, it's over, don't look for him anymore. Smart move!

PS: It explains why they do not want to release the picture of his death, and the story of burying his body on the sea.
 
Last edited:
Here is some things to consider: his wife said they took him to the helicopter. She did not see him got killed. I suggest that there is a possibility that he is still alive but in a secret prison. Reason for me to believe that is that they can take a lot of information out of him. Killing the guy won't change much the situation but keep him alive is a much more valuable choice for the war against terrorist. Of course, they need to make sure the world get over is by telling osama is dead, it's over, don't look for him anymore. Smart move!

PS: It explains why they do not want to release the picture of his death, and the story of burying his body on the sea.

And let the conspiracy theories begin. 🙄 So, what do they do with him once they are done "getting information out of him"? And what if anyone found out about it? It would be way too risky to try to fake something of this magnitude. I don't believe that for a second.