OSCEs in Psychiatry

Started by aferraro
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aferraro

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear all,
Down here in Australia and New Zealand, the final clinical exam for psychiatry residents (trainees) now incorporates 6 OSCE stations of 20 minutes each. I gather Canadian trainees also have 20 minute OSCEs and am interested in tips and hints for the 20 min OSCE.
I gather the UK system also has OSCEs but they're much shorter at 7 minutes.
If you're involved in a psychiatry training program that has 20 minute psychiatry OSCEs as part of the final clinical exams I'd like to know what you think of it.
cheers,
Angelo
http://www.anzapt.org
For trainees in psychiatry in Australia and New Zealand