osteopathic anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctordodo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
General rule of thumb is that auditions are always incredibly helpful in the DO world. Certainly you can match without them, but it would be wise to try to do a few auditions if you can.

Hi all,
Are audition rotations a necessity for Osteopathic Anesthesia? I scored a 584 on COMLEX 1, but barely passed USMLE so it looks like my only choice is in the DO match. How important are audition rotations and would it be possible to match without them? Thanks!

Auditions are rotations?

Members don't see this ad :)
You still might get some MD looks but you'll definately need to do some auditions. Find programs you might like and rotate there. Auditions are huge for DO programs. With that said, I know a lot of peeps that got into places that they never rotated at.

Hi all,
Are audition rotations a necessity for Osteopathic Anesthesia? I scored a 584 on COMLEX 1, but barely passed USMLE so it looks like my only choice is in the DO match. How important are audition rotations and would it be possible to match without them? Thanks!

hey, i dont have much experience but I heard a score of 550+ on COMLEX makes u competitive for the more competitive DO residencies so I think the score gets you in the door. I am only a OMS-II scheduled to take my COMLEX on june 22. I am aiming for 550+ and most likely not taking my USMLE step 1s this year (may take them 3rd year during rotations if i find a month or 2 of time) Do you mind sharing how you accomplished that score on COMLEX, basically study tips?

Thanks man!

Auditions are huge in the DO world for gas. The programs you want to look at are Grandview and Ingham. I'd stay away from the california program at all costs.

Ideally if you can study UWorld during third year and know USMLE step 2 out of the park, you might still have a chance at ACGME programs.

Just out of curiosity... what's so bad about the California programs?