OSU-COM class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DrDad said:
dude, where is my class?

Estoy aqui.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm here! (if anyone cares..lol)

:)

Hernandez said:
INTERLOPER!!! :laugh: :smuggrin: !!!!!
That is one of the nicer things I've been called this week. :)

umm i think that a lot of us are in a state of shock. geez, when i think of how much time I used to spend on sdn...do you know how many histology slides I could learn in that time? school is good, but right now, surfing the web causes a pang of guilt... :) I'm thinking the first years will get into the swing of it pretty soon though.

Athena918 said:
umm i think that a lot of us are in a state of shock. geez, when i think of how much time I used to spend on sdn...do you know how many histology slides I could learn in that time? school is good, but right now, surfing the web causes a pang of guilt... :) I'm thinking the first years will get into the swing of it pretty soon though.

Maybe.............

If you are lucky....

I hope that all of you are.

DrDad

Athena918 said:

Just surf on SDN during lecture........you can half-listen in case someone says "T.Q."

Athena918 said:

I've been trying to get adjusted also. Lets see, holiday weekend. Sounds like a good time for 72 hours studying Biochem and Anatomy. I even turned down a 9th row 50 yard line ticket offered this afternoon. Priorities . . .

Good luck everyone :cool:

OrthoFixation said:
I've been trying to get adjusted also. Lets see, holiday weekend. Sounds like a good time for 72 hours studying Biochem and Anatomy. I even turned down a 9th row 50 yard line ticket offered this afternoon. Priorities . . .

Good luck everyone :cool:

Make sure that the vast majority of those 72 hrs are spent on anatomy. After you throw in some relaxation (yes, you need some) then you can get to biochem. ;)

DrMom said:
Make sure that the vast majority of those 72 hrs are spent on anatomy. After you throw in some relaxation (yes, you need some) then you can get to biochem. ;)

Good advice, the volume for Anatomy is huge. I'm sending you a PM.

See if any of the MS2s have copies of the old biochem tests, too. And ask them if they were representative of the exams from last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
DrMom said:
See if any of the MS2s have copies of the old biochem tests, too. And ask them if they were representative of the exams from last year.

Dr. B has posted some old exams, although the 2004 test file was errantly deleted :eek:

OrthoFixation said:
Dr. B has posted some old exams, although the 2004 test file was errantly deleted :eek:

There are copies of the exams from last year floating around. If you didn't get them from your second year, others did. I know I had 2 years worth of them that I handed down.

You should spent your time on the objectives (check yourself with the old tests.)

Don't overstudy for biochem. The first test is easy, but the anatomy exam will be extremely difficult.

Hey 2nd yrs..... how did the ms1s do on Histo?

meek.jpg

god how i try to forget that grin of his on test days, if evil has a grin, that is it. it is still amazing how much i remember from his class though. so who did they get to replace Dr. Ketchum?

Hernandez said:
meek.jpg

god how i try to forget that grin of his on test days, if evil has a grin, that is it. it is still amazing how much i remember from his class though. so who did they get to replace Dr. Ketchum?

I am not sure anyone has met her, but to my understanding the replacement is a PhD from Tahlequah. Supposedly they are pretty excited to get her. She will be here in a month or two.

Above is just what i understand to be true.

DrMom said:
ooh. I hadn't heard that Ketchum left. Where'd he go?

he finally got his Islet research program he was trying for in somewhere east of here, :laugh: I don't remember exactly where, he moved back in May not long after board review.

Can anyone tell me what is involved in getting a position as a hospital doc (internal, peds, gp, or em)?

I have lots of specialties that interest me, and the only thing I'm pretty sure about is that I would like to work in a hospital, probably in Tulsa if possible.

Do all the Tulsa hospitals have DOs on staff ?

Thanks for any help.

Johnny

JohnnyOU said:
Do all the Tulsa hospitals have DOs on staff ?

Thanks for any help.

Johnny

I can't answer the first one very well, but this one I can. The answer is no. St. Johns is affiliated with OU, TRMC is with OSU. Hillcrest is a mixture of MD/DO as is South Crest and St. Francis.

Hernandez said:
I can't answer the first one very well, but this one I can. The answer is no. St. Johns is affiliated with OU, TRMC is with OSU. Hillcrest is a mixture of MD/DO as is South Crest and St. Francis.
Wouldn't that make the answer "yes" ?

lol

Thanks for your info

DrMom said:
ooh. I hadn't heard that Ketchum left. Where'd he go?

He actually got a sweet deal doing islet cell research as an associate professor of surgery at the University of Virginia

DrMom said:
Very cool.

Talk about a Guy I could really wish the best for.....

I hope that they treat him well, in my opinion, he deserves it!

Oh yeah! Stomping our friends "down the road" once again! :)

raptor5 said:
We get it. OSU is the ****. Those rankings are still crap. It would be great if you were going into primary care. How are they ranked in EM?

EM is considered primary care in Oklahoma.

Thanks for flaming/trolling on our forum.

I doubt EM was considered in the poll. If it was and you can prove it, I am sorry. So I guess anyone who rebuts a remark on YOUR FORUM is a troll. Look at my previous posts, I am no troll. If you look at one of my previous posts you will see that I think OSU is probably one of the best if not the best DO school out there. So calm down. Don't turn into McGyver with the rankings crap. Fair enough.

raptor5 said:
I doubt EM was considered in the poll. If it was and you can prove it, I am sorry. So I guess anyone who rebuts a remark on YOUR FORUM is a troll. Look at my previous posts, I am no troll. If you look at one of my previous posts you will see that I think OSU is probably one of the best if not the best DO school out there. So calm down. Don't turn into McGyver with the rankings crap. Fair enough.

The rankings are posted on our school's website, and I was simply informing everyone the day they came out. If you have a problem with this, please take it up with the school administration, or perhaps the US News themselves. I'm not sure why you feel the need to personally attack me.

it has been a long time, lets get some numbers

what is everyone up to?

So where did everyone match?