-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
OSU-COM Discussion Thread 2009-2010
Started by Phlame217
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know how the scholarship situation works? How much do they usually give out, if any? Are there lots of opportunities?
Osu told us that for the first year not to expect a scholarship. Although on their website there are some scholarships listed and none that I saw excluded first year students.
Last edited:
Osu told us that 1 year not to expect a scholorship
Is that 1st years? So no scholarships then?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else from November 30th hear anything?
Congratulations to all who were accepted! And yeah, I interviewed on Nov. 30th; I was the girl from University of Arkansas. I just got a letter on Saturday saying I got wait listed so I'm somewhat disappointed, but we'll see what happens ...
Congratulations to all who were accepted! And yeah, I interviewed on Nov. 30th; I was the girl from University of Arkansas. I just got a letter on Saturday saying I got wait listed so I'm somewhat disappointed, but we'll see what happens ...
I also got the waitlist letter, very disappointed.🙁
A prechristmas waitlist is very good don't be depressed. There is alot of movement, and months for that movement to take place.
Was anyone on here pulled off the waitlist in the past? how long did it take? or does anyone have a general idea of how long it takes to come off the waitlist if you're a good canidate? I'm asking because I'm stuck paying some hefty deposits to KCUMB just to secure a seat and I'm hoping I can get in before I have to pay the second deposit there.
Almost every student I talked to at the interview was waitlisted. 1 girl for a week, and 1 guy until April.
I also am very disappointed about the waitlist. Sending them my official transcript for this fall semester - all A's. Hopefully that'll be enough to move me off, but the adcom doesn't meet again til mid Jan so don't expect to hear until then is what Lindsey told me. If you're still in school, you should do the same.
Also, did you call and ask why the waitlist and what you could do to get accepted?
I also am very disappointed about the waitlist. Sending them my official transcript for this fall semester - all A's. Hopefully that'll be enough to move me off, but the adcom doesn't meet again til mid Jan so don't expect to hear until then is what Lindsey told me. If you're still in school, you should do the same.
Also, did you call and ask why the waitlist and what you could do to get accepted?
Almost every student I talked to at the interview was waitlisted. 1 girl for a week, and 1 guy until April.
I also am very disappointed about the waitlist. Sending them my official transcript for this fall semester - all A's. Hopefully that'll be enough to move me off, but the adcom doesn't meet again til mid Jan so don't expect to hear until then is what Lindsey told me. If you're still in school, you should do the same.
Also, did you call and ask why the waitlist and what you could do to get accepted?
I spoke with Lindsey today and she said it was my GPA, and she was right (3.43). This is my last semester and I will be turning in A's in Org. II and Biochem, but unfortunately a B (probably) in genetics. I unfortunately had a very bad sophomore year that really killed my GPA.
She also said that us waitlister would not hear anything until at least the end of january, but I have a good feeling about those of us on the pre-christmas waitlist. We may have not looked as good as when compared with those that interviewed early but i think we will start to look alot better as they get into their later interviews.
Its still very disheartening to be waitlisted at your top choice, and even more so to pay the $1000 deposit I paid today to KCUMB knowing that if I get into OSU I will never see that money again.
I spoke with Lindsey today and she said it was my GPA, and she was right (3.43). This is my last semester and I will be turning in A's in Org. II and Biochem, but unfortunately a B (probably) in genetics. I unfortunately had a very bad sophomore year that really killed my GPA.
She also said that us waitlister would not hear anything until at least the end of january, but I have a good feeling about those of us on the pre-christmas waitlist. We may have not looked as good as when compared with those that interviewed early but i think we will start to look alot better as they get into their later interviews.
Its still very disheartening to be waitlisted at your top choice, and even more so to pay the $1000 deposit I paid today to KCUMB knowing that if I get into OSU I will never see that money again.
You'd be surprised what A's in Organic and Biochem will do for your appearance to the adcom. I bet you get accepted. I hope so. I hope to see you in the fall!
You'd be surprised what A's in Organic and Biochem will do for your appearance to the adcom. I bet you get accepted. I hope so. I hope to see you in the fall!
I really hope so, thanks for the words of encouragement. I guess you Graceland guys are alright after all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JR - with a GPA like that, they prob just wanted to see a continued upward trend - esp the A in Biochem and Orgo II (prereq). Lindsey said they wanted to see more upper level sciences with me. I'm praying that this last semester is all they needed.
Good luck!
Good luck!
Doesn't OSU-COM's students have their own online forum with topics about classes and stuff? I'm not talking about SDN. I remember hearing about it on my interview day. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I would really like to take a look at it.
it is password protected and when you enroll you gain access. when you graduate you loose access. I don't think professors even have access.
I'm in a treestand right now and can't type much, but once you've been accepted, next semester ( mayish) you can register. It's student run and the current admin is a second year. I think I got access like June before the semester. It won't really help you until you are in class though. It's not used as a "forum" much, but more for notes, polls, etc.....
Thats it. thanks guys!
I posted a real estate recommendation in the c/o 2014 thread if anyone is interested.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many spots OSU has filled so far?
I think at least one in the facebook group is a bridge student and one member is a website (don't know what that means). I don't know how bridge students count in the class size (at least in estimating how many are spots are left). I also know one person not in the facebook group that has been accepted but will not be attending (I don't think the school has been notified yet). Seems like there are several on the waitlist already. Has anybody heard of someone coming off the waitlist yet?
Last edited:
The way the bridge program acceptances count is interesting if they say they are accepting 88 the class size (i think)is 96. the eight ppl acepted to the bridge program last year are actually members of the next years class.
I would guess 50 people have been accepted out of the 80-90 they accept? it would make since 😎
There has been 11 interview days with 8 applicants per day (I know of one day only 7 were there). So figure 87 interviews, if 50 were accepted then that is a 57% acceptance rate. I think that is a little high in my opinion, especially since there seems to be quite a few waitlisted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol well first off on my last post, "here" is hear... and second... I was the interviewer from Kansas. I assume you were the one engaged hence the last name?
Seems like there is a lot of people on the waitlist, of the nov 30th interview date, jones is the only one that I've heard has been accepted
From Nov. 12th, it looks like there were 2 acceptances, 2 waitlist, and 1 outright rejection - But there were 8 of us. Obviously that leaves 3 unaccounted for.
Also, its interesting to me that only one person posting was rejected. It would seem to me that at least 1, possibly 2 from each group would have been cut, otherwise the acceptances and waitlist would already almost fill the class. And I would think that means alot of non-accepted people from the waitlist, which doesnt seem to jive with what everyone says.
Also, its interesting to me that only one person posting was rejected. It would seem to me that at least 1, possibly 2 from each group would have been cut, otherwise the acceptances and waitlist would already almost fill the class. And I would think that means alot of non-accepted people from the waitlist, which doesnt seem to jive with what everyone says.
A lot of out-of-state people have interviewed, and most been rejected. There's many people not on the forums that have been rejected or waitlisted too. Its just hard to predict, but I presume acceptances follow a exponential downward slope meaning that the first interviews had many, and it drops like a rock from there as the adcom prefers to interview the entire pool and accept from there on.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 255
- Views
- 73K
- Replies
- 421
- Views
- 146K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K