You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
OSU-COM Discussion Thread 2009-2010
Started by Phlame217
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
my friend has a jan 12th interview
I'm sorry DRMRL, I have been reading some of your other posts on SDN and I am beginning to wonder how much of what you say is true. Claiming acceptance at Johns Hopkins and taking the MCAT three times, scoring a 14, 20, and then high 30s (you sent me a PM saying you had a 25). You have some other crazy posts as well. I am not saying your friends Jan 12th interview is misinformation. It sounds completely reasonable, at least more reasonable than some of the other information you are posting on SDN, but I wonder, as should anyone else who reads your posts.
I did take the mcat FOUR times scoring higher with each succession. I don't care if you don't believe me, sorry. 😎 I don't feel like I have to tell ALL OF YOU WHAT MY SCORES ARE OR ALL THAT I HAVE DONE IN MY EDUCATIONAL TRAINING. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO KNOW. I DID get accepted to HOPKINS due to my research background and scores. geeze
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well im done with this sdn stuff. its a waste of time really.
First of all...

I did take the mcat FOUR times scoring higher with each succession. I don't care if you don't believe me, sorry. 😎 I don't feel like I have to tell ALL OF YOU WHAT MY SCORES ARE OR ALL THAT I HAVE DONE IN MY EDUCATIONAL TRAINING. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO KNOW. I DID get accepted to HOPKINS due to my research background and scores. geeze
Second of all...I don't want to know anything else about you; I just ask that you post accurate information on this thread that is not intentionally false. Based on some of your previous posts, I question how accurate the things you say really are, that is all. Congratulations on your acceptance to Hopkins, although I think if people go back and read your posts in the Hopkins thread and then read what other real applicants thought about your posts, they would agree with my assertions.
BTW Marsh - that violinist cracks me up - Ive never seen it before.
I thought it was appropriate.
Hey guys, interviewed Nov. 11 and got the call about a week later. I'm an OOS from Arkansas. Just wondering who else on here interviewed that day and how many OOS are on here that have been accepted and where from.
Hello
Does anyone know how long it takes from the time the file is complete to the time they make a decision?
thanks
Are talking about post interview time? If so, it is usually two weeks.
congrats! In general, approximately 5 out of staters are accepted each year.
Double that number. There are over 12 in my class, roughly 12 in the class ahead of mine and around 9 in the current first year class.
Just wanted to add that there have been 3 or 4 OOS accepted from my Undergrad in southeast kansas. 1 took the seat and the other two have turned down the offer for instate. So there will be movement as other schools put out acceptances. OOS is tough, but VERY doable. Just keep your head up and put a good foot forward! 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've got an interview Jan 28! Wish me luck! Although I'm a Sooner, I am from Tulsa and love OSU-COM and I think it's my first choice!
How long after my interview should I expect a response? I know it is usually about a week or two, but at OU (I interview Feb 5), I've heard that if you intervew after mid-jan, they wait until all interviews are finished before passing out the remaining slots. Is it the same for OSU? I know their interviews go until March.
How long after my interview should I expect a response? I know it is usually about a week or two, but at OU (I interview Feb 5), I've heard that if you intervew after mid-jan, they wait until all interviews are finished before passing out the remaining slots. Is it the same for OSU? I know their interviews go until March.
I've got an interview Jan 28! Wish me luck! Although I'm a Sooner, I am from Tulsa and love OSU-COM and I think it's my first choice!
How long after my interview should I expect a response? I know it is usually about a week or two, but at OU (I interview Feb 5), I've heard that if you intervew after mid-jan, they wait until all interviews are finished before passing out the remaining slots. Is it the same for OSU? I know their interviews go until March.
I don't think OSU has a rolling admissions quota, like OU. I could be wrong though. Meaning, after you interview, no matter how late in the process, you have a chance of being accepted before being deferred to the wait list. At OU, if you interview Jan or Feb, you either get deferred or rejected until all interviews are complete, because they reached their rolling admissions quota (120 or so) back in December.
Good luck on the interview! You will not be disappointed, the school and staff are great. You should find out a week or two after. It will be sooner if you get accepted because you will get a phone call rather than a waitlist letter in the mail. I found out in 7 days exactly.
Last edited:
I'm a little confused - that one guy said he had a friend interviewing this week. Bella has interview 28th. Anyone know the interview schedule for Jan/Feb like we knew the one for 2009? I'm kind of wondering for myself (waitlisters) and for those still waiting on interview invites.
Muchas gracias for the replies. I guess this means that theyre cranking up the numbers of interviewees - number of interviews in Jan = number in 2009.
DRMRL - did your friend say thats what they told him at his interview that they waitlist 50%. I wonder if this is overall (all interviews) or applies to the interviews from here in?
DRMRL - did your friend say thats what they told him at his interview that they waitlist 50%. I wonder if this is overall (all interviews) or applies to the interviews from here in?
I'm sorry DRMRL, I have been reading some of your other posts on SDN and I am beginning to wonder how much of what you say is true. Claiming acceptance at Johns Hopkins and taking the MCAT three times, scoring a 14, 20, and then high 30's (you sent me a PM saying you had a 25). You have some other crazy posts as well. I am not saying your friend's Jan 12th interview is misinformation. It sounds completely reasonable, at least more reasonable than some of the other information you are posting on SDN, but I wonder, as should anyone else who reads your posts.
I did take the mcat FOUR times scoring higher with each succession. I don't care if you don't believe me, sorry. 😎 I don't feel like I have to tell ALL OF YOU WHAT MY SCORES ARE OR ALL THAT I HAVE DONE IN MY EDUCATIONAL TRAINING. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO KNOW. I DID get accepted to HOPKINS due to my research background and scores. geeze
any one out there with a 25 mcat and an M.D. interview? EXCLUDE Caribbean![]()
9BIO, 8VR, 8PS I feel like it's balanced enough. No, I will not reapply this next year. That just isn't an option. I was accepted to a D.O. school (three actually). I'm waiting on my state school M.D. and out of state private schools. I feel like I would have been rejected already at most of the M.D. schools. 😎
Good luck to all of you! 25 mcat shouldn't keep us out. 🙄
25M, 3.73 sci and 3.68 cgpa
accepted in November. I created a volunteer program and my interviewers questioned me thoroughly on this matter. 🙄
i got into an md with a 25. dont worry
HEY everyone, I wanted to know my chances of getting an interview here: my science gpa is a 3.73 and my overall gpa is a 3.68 and my mcat is 25. What are my chances? I was complete back on Oct. 29. 😱
and folks, heres the kicker, this one was posted before all the others.......
I made a 25M then 38O nice try I can give you my password if you want to check. And yes, surely I'm talking about Johns Hopkins.
I couldn't show it in quotes because the thread was locked. It is on his/her fifth page of posts.




Last edited:
J1- yeah i checked the dates of his posts too. i ALSO saw the raging inconsistency. Either he forgot about that 38 and the whole hopkins thing or he's lying.
DRML- do us a favor and pollute the campus of some institution OTHER than Oklahoma state U. if you DO choose to attend OSU, we will probably find out who you are... you will probably be made fun of (jr high style) and you will probably be miserable.
and another thing- in one of your prior posts you said you were done with sdn. i guess you just keep asking for abuse.
happy to oblige! 😉
DRML- do us a favor and pollute the campus of some institution OTHER than Oklahoma state U. if you DO choose to attend OSU, we will probably find out who you are... you will probably be made fun of (jr high style) and you will probably be miserable.
and another thing- in one of your prior posts you said you were done with sdn. i guess you just keep asking for abuse.
happy to oblige! 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JR - what date did you interview again, was it Dec?
Nov. 30th, only one from our group that got accepted (that is on sdn) was ttjones, then myself and three others on here were waitlisted. I can't account for the other 3 (8 total in my group).
I'm really hoping for some movement on the waitlist in these next few months. I'm really hoping to be able to make some decisions by march/april
Jr - I feel you on hoping to see the movement. Im really hoping to be making some serious decisions by late Jan though. 🙂 Did you update the school or anything over the break? I sent in fall grades and another LOR.
2 people on sdn from my day were accepted, and 2 of us were waitlisted, and 1 rejected that I know of out of the 8 interviewed
2 people on sdn from my day were accepted, and 2 of us were waitlisted, and 1 rejected that I know of out of the 8 interviewed
you will probably be made fun of (jr high style) and you will probably be miserable.

Jr - I feel you on hoping to see the movement. Im really hoping to be making some serious decisions by late Jan though. 🙂 Did you update the school or anything over the break? I sent in fall grades and another LOR.
2 people on sdn from my day were accepted, and 2 of us were waitlisted, and 1 rejected that I know of out of the 8 interviewed
I sent in my semester grades (including an A in Biochem) 2 more LOR's and some more shadowing experience. All we can do now is hope.
Does anyone know when the movement on the waitlist normally starts? Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet?
I've only been accepted to one school and the unfortunately they require some rather large non-refundable deposits by march, so i'm really hoping to hear something before then.
I've only been accepted to one school and the unfortunately they require some rather large non-refundable deposits by march, so i'm really hoping to hear something before then.
I know someone else who did, I didn't yet though. Must be their "top choices" get them first
Hehe, thanks for the compliment. Could just be that mail from Tulsa gets to B'ville in 1 day. Yours is probably in the mail too 😉.
What/when is admitted student day?
I don't know a ton about it, but the date is February 20. The day starts with registration and coffee at 9:15. They are going to go over financial aid and other important items for attending OSU-COM. The school is serving brunch, and family members are invited.
That's really all I know. Current students know a ton more, and maybe somebody will pop on here and give a heads up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone hear from that guy EdLongshanks in a while? He was on here last year when I was interviewing. He seemed genuinely interested in the school (said it was his preference), and I was just wondering if he had interviewed/accepted/waitlisted or what.
I think he isn't applying til next year
I think he isn't applying til next year
Yes, next year for me. I'm studying for the MCAT now. I haven't posted anything here recently because I didn't have anything meaningful to add.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 255
- Views
- 73K
- Replies
- 421
- Views
- 146K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K