OSU-COM is a very nice school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hokte

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a tour today and was impressed by the upbeat students and nice facilities.

Which areas of Tulsa are better to purchase a home in? Nothing fancy, just in a low crime area.

Members don't see this ad.

:D Glad to hear you like the school.

There are parts of Brookside along Riverside Drive that are inexpensive (and small). Some of the outlying towns are good (Jenks, Broken Arrow, Sand Springs, etc) and there are a few less expensive neighborhoods in S. Tulsa and quite a few in E. Tulsa.

You're welcome to PM me anytime with questions.

OSU-COM kicks ass! Best decision I've ever made. If I could go back in time and make a choice between Hopkins and OSU knowing what I know now, I'd choose Hopkins in a heartbeat, but it would be a really tough decision!

Seriously though, OSU is a good school. For the most part the students here are pretty cool. Only two problems that I've seen with the school is that the out of state tuition is a bit pricey and, well, it's in Oklahoma. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by hokte
I had a tour today and was impressed by the upbeat students.

You must not have talked with Rick or Dan. Dr. Goodson does a good job keeping them away from the applicants.

Are Rick and Dan disgruntled????

Whats the whole story about having to go to Penn. to take a test between years 3 and 4?

Are Rick and Dan disgruntled????

Whats the whole story about having to go to Penn. to take a test between years 3 and 4?

All 4th year DO students will have to do this for the Step II PE exam.

I had a tour today and was impressed by the upbeat students and nice facilities.

Which areas of Tulsa are better to purchase a home in? Nothing fancy, just in a low crime area.

you'll be even more impressed when you go out on rotations and pimp-smack other students around.

don't listen to the whiney babies about the 4th year COMLEX-PE*. they jsut don't wanna have to work for their education . . :)

*the COMLEX-PE was originally aimed at my class (2004) but we were smart (lucky) enough to duck the SOB. to all you taking it next year-- you shoulda got in one year sooner, mwahahahaha !!!!

So during year 3 and 4 are you rarely at the Tulsa campus? I noticed there were rotations ( I think thats the right term) available in OKC. So is it practical to move there, or just stay in Tulsa? Thanks

During 3rd & 4th years, there are (if I am remembering correctly) 13 required rotations and 9 electives. Starting with my class, there are a total of 12 slots in OKC, but some of their rotations are still in Tulsa, although most are in OKC. Those 12 will be moving to OKC.

If you stay in Tulsa, at least 4 of the rotations are at Tulsa Regional Medical center. You also have some rotations at the school's clinics. Other rotations are with physicians in the community. You also have a rural family medicine rotation.