2023-2024 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You must be in state, becuase I recognize you from the OU one also.

I interviewed 8-18 as well and have not heard anything yet.
When were you complete for OSU?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine is the 17th as well. I'm going to be in anguish waiting lol!

I’m just hoping to hear SOMETHING before Dec 14th. That’s the day I have to pay my non refundable $2000 deposit for ARCOM to hold my spot. I saw last year people started hearing dec 15th. If I pay that on the 14th and then get accepted to OU a couple days later I’m going to be upset

I’m just hoping to hear SOMETHING before Dec 14th. That’s the day I have to pay my non refundable $2000 deposit for ARCOM to hold my spot. I saw last year people started hearing dec 15th. If I pay that on the 14th and then get accepted to OU a couple days later I’m going to be upset
I know someone who got in last year that heard something same month and they were interviewed in the first month available. So I believe it is possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is OSU a binding acceptance? Like if you had taken the Tahlequah Campus would you have to had gone there?

Is OSU a binding acceptance? Like if you had taken the Tahlequah Campus would you have to had gone there?

Not necessarily- however, if I chose to take the tahlequah spot I would not be eligible for consideration at Tulsa or able to get on that WL. If I took Tahlequah today, I could turn it down next month and get on the WL for Tulsa then. But once I chose to turn Tahlequah down, there is no changing my mind and deciding I do want to go there.

My thought process was Tulsa is where I want to be, and I would go to ARCOM before Tahlequah so there was no reason to not turn it down right now and get on the Tulsa WL ASAP.

Not necessarily- however, if I chose to take the tahlequah spot I would not be eligible for consideration at Tulsa or able to get on that WL. If I took Tahlequah today, I could turn it down next month and get on the WL for Tulsa then. But once I chose to turn Tahlequah down, there is no changing my mind and deciding I do want to go there.

My thought process was Tulsa is where I want to be, and I would go to ARCOM before Tahlequah so there was no reason to not turn it down right now and get on the Tulsa WL ASAP.
Understood. Thank you!

Understood. Thank you!

Yup! And I’ve actually visited that campus. It’s great, however they have to watch lectures over zoom from Tulsa 4/5 days a week and I just knew that’s not something I wanted to do.

Out of State A 9/8 at CN campus!!!
Can any current students want to give their experience at the CN campus or OSU in general?

Out of State A 9/8 at CN campus!!!
Can any current students want to give their experience at the CN campus or OSU in general?
I am a 1st year at CN. At first I was a little bummed to only get the CN acceptance, however now that I am here I love it. I do not attend lectures that aren't mandatory, so the zoom lectures do not affect me (it's faster to watch 2x on panopto later if that is your thing, all lectures are recorded anyway). The campus and events are far less crowded compared to Tulsa, which is a huge plus for me since I am very introverted. For example, we can usually just walk into an empty room and study there while the Tulsa students have to reserve rooms. I absolutely adore our CN anatomy professors: they are incredibly passionate about their science and know us all on a first name basis. With the knowledge I have of both campuses now, if I went back in time and was given the option I would still pick CN. Of course, the biggest con is being far away from home + lack of shopping/activities in TQ. In general, I am incredibly grateful for the sheer amount of resources and support OSU offers. I have taken advantage of the academic advising, mental health counselling, 2nd year student led supplemental instruction sessions, etc. which have made the overwhelming amount of content in school so much more manageable.

Reactions: 1 users
I am a 1st year at CN. At first I was a little bummed to only get the CN acceptance, however now that I am here I love it. I do not attend lectures that aren't mandatory, so the zoom lectures do not affect me (it's faster to watch 2x on panopto later if that is your thing, all lectures are recorded anyway). The campus and events are far less crowded compared to Tulsa, which is a huge plus for me since I am very introverted. For example, we can usually just walk into an empty room and study there while the Tulsa students have to reserve rooms. I absolutely adore our CN anatomy professors: they are incredibly passionate about their science and know us all on a first name basis. With the knowledge I have of both campuses now, if I went back in time and was given the option I would still pick CN. Of course, the biggest con is being far away from home + lack of shopping/activities in TQ. In general, I am incredibly grateful for the sheer amount of resources and support OSU offers. I have taken advantage of the academic advising, mental health counselling, 2nd year student led supplemental instruction sessions, etc. which have made the overwhelming amount of content in school so much more manageable.

Can I ask what your stats were?

Any chance I get II here?

Stats:
500 MCAT
3.59 cumulative gpa
3.63 science gpa
NY Resident
Technically your stats are competitive (although OSUCOM's average MCAT now is above 503). I know a couple of OOS people who got in with similar stats, so I don't think it would hurt to try if you've got the time/finances to submit the application (only one mandatory question on the secondary app and a "do you have anything else you'd like to share with us" where you can document why OSUCOM as an OOS applicant).

Technically your stats are competitive (although OSUCOM's average MCAT now is above 503). I know a couple of OOS people who got in with similar stats, so I don't think it would hurt to try if you've got the time/finances to submit the application (only one mandatory question on the secondary app and a "do you have anything else you'd like to share with us" where you can document why OSUCOM as an OOS applicant).
How about NYITCOM? Do I have a better chance there or touro?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if our portal will show a decision being made (i.e. turning orange) before notification?

Does anyone know if our portal will show a decision being made (i.e. turning orange) before notification?
I checked early this morning and it was still on the “decision” section. They only changed mine after they called.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got offered a spot at the Tahlequah campus. I have family in Tulsa and that’s where I want to be so I turned the offer down and got on the WL for Tulsa.
hi! recently interviewed here. wondering what the turnaround wait time for you to hear back was

Thank you! And yup mine is 9/17. When is yours? Since they’re starting a few weeks earlier this year hopefully we will hear back from OU before the end of December. I’m a reapplicant and it took like 10 weeks to hear from OU last time and I wasn’t even an early interview.
have you heard back since II?

Got an email this morning letting me know I’m “still on radar” for an interview since it’s been a while since I’ve submitted the secondary and hadn't been reached out to since then

Reactions: 1 users
Received OOS acceptance today to Tahlequah campus (my first choice).

Reactions: 4 users
If we were accepted do we just fill out the admissions form even if we may get accepted elsewhere? Like if I accept this is it binding or no?

Last edited:
If we were accepted do we just fill out the admissions form even if we may get accepted elsewhere? Like if I accept this is it binding or no?
I asked, they said we should pay the $100 to reserve our seats, but it's not binding.

I asked, they said we should pay the $100 to reserve our seats, but it's not binding.
Ok I'm just going to accept all the forms and pay the 100 then go from there. As long as it is not binding

Reactions: 1 user
Also just received the “your application is still on our radar email” after submitting late June!

Reactions: 2 users
Guess they sent out these emails to those who haven't gotten an update but submitted apps in June