2023-2024 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II received just now!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent if we have not received an interview yet?

Has there been a group me for accepted students made yet?

They sent an email today saying I’m still on their radar. I am assuming this to be a pre-II Hold.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my application today
Oklahoma resident, 500 MCAT, 3.3 GPA, over 2000 hours clinical experience, 50 hours shadowing, and working on post-bach.
Is a late submission a death sentence? Planning to do and submit my secondary application as soon as I receive it!

I just submitted my application today
Oklahoma resident, 500 MCAT, 3.3 GPA, over 2000 hours clinical experience, 50 hours shadowing, and working on post-bach.
Is a late submission a death sentence? Planning to do and submit my secondary application as soon as I receive it!

It is a late submission, but that doesn’t mean you can‘t get accepted! You just may not have as good as a chance as you would have had if you submitted some time in May or June.

They sent an email today saying I’m still on their radar. I am assuming this to be a pre-II Hold.
Nope it’s automated depending on how long it’s been since you submitted secondary with no interview update yet

Reactions: 1 users
Do you know if they reject anyone or if its just a waitlist option?
Hi, second year Tahlequah student here. They do send out rejections but generally most people either end up on the WL or accepted! There’s a lot of WL movement in spring-summer and a large portion of the incoming class usually comes from the WL, so don’t loose hope!

Anyone can feel free to message me if you have any questions 😁.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else just get an email saying you’re still on their radar?

Hi, second year Tahlequah student here. They do send out rejections but generally most people either end up on the WL or accepted! There’s a lot of WL movement in spring-summer and a large portion of the incoming class usually comes from the WL, so don’t loose hope!

Anyone can feel free to message me if you have any questions 😁.
If you are on the waitlist with your first choice being Tulsa and they offer you a spot, is it typically your second choice? Or is it possible to still be offered a spot at the Tulsa campus if that was your first choice?

If you are on the waitlist with your first choice being Tulsa and they offer you a spot, is it typically your second choice? Or is it possible to still be offered a spot at the Tulsa campus if that was your first choice?
It could still be either one off the waitlist but it will more likely be a Tulsa spot if that was your preference on the secondary.

Just got accepted! Interviewed literally last Friday!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call this afternoon. OOS A!! Interviewed late August WL since mid September

Reactions: 4 users
Is there an accepted students GroupMe/discord?

Received a call today for admission too! Chose the Tulsa campus. It'd be nice to have a GroupMe or Discord.

Edit: Interviewed at the Tahlequah campus last week Thursday, but submitted my AACOMAS application 2 weeks before that.

I made a GroupMe for the time being until discord/slack is set up.

You're invited to my new group 'OSU-CHS COM EY 24' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

What is the proper protocol to let a school know you are no longer accepting their offer?

What is the proper protocol to let a school know you are no longer accepting their offer?
Write directly to the admissions department email, thank them for their offer, then clearly say that you have accepted an offer from another school that fits your goals more closely and you would like to withdraw from the school.
If you had paid a deposit it might not be refundable.

Got the application under radar email. does it mean anything?

+1
Im assuming it's like an II waitlist?
N=1, but I got an interview invite roughly a couple of weeks after receiving that same email. I think it's honestly just to let you know that your application is still under consideration for an II, but they haven't fully reviewed it yet.

N=1, but I got an interview invite roughly a couple of weeks after receiving that same email. I think it's honestly just to let you know that your application is still under consideration for an II, but they haven't fully reviewed it yet.
How many weeks by chance?

anyone know if this school allows LOR substitutions? I only had like 3 science professors, and one of them is no longer with the university.
when I applied only 2 LORs from professors were required. I’d been out of school for like 5 years and still reached out to the professors I’d kept in touch with here and there over the years. I don’t think LOR requirements have changed but check the website to be sure.

I got an email stating „you‘re still on our radar“ back on October 13th, but nothing since. How often do these radar emails repeat for you guys? Just wondering if I‘m still being considered.

I got an email stating „you‘re still on our radar“ back on October 13th, but nothing since. How often do these radar emails repeat for you guys? Just wondering if I‘m still being considered.
^^^^^^

Got an app complete email yesterday but submitted my secondary in like July lol

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when they start making waitlist calls, or what to do to improve chances to get off waitlist quicker?

Does anyone know when they start making waitlist calls, or what to do to improve chances to get off waitlist quicker?
From my lurking of previous years threads, it looks like they really start moving the waitlist in March and April.