2023-2024 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have recommendations for Tulsa apartments?

Members don't see this ad.

Do they send out pre II R’s? I have been complete since Aug but haven’t received an II yet. I did send in a letter of interest in Jan though

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Central Park Residences by OSU med center is nice! It's pricy, but worth it to live in a gated complex 5 minutes from campus with 24/7 security. Furnished Finder is also a great resource.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if OSUCOM accepts LOIs or are they one of the schools that don't really want them from prospective students?

has anyone heard back from any of the March interviews yet?

has anyone heard back from any of the March interviews yet?
If March interviews are anything like February's, it took some people about 4 weeks to hear back. I know it's hard, but patience it paramount at this point.

Has anyone from the waitlist heard anything back?

Members don't see this ad :)
It has been long enough that I am probably pulling the plug on Oklahoma State. I do not think I will interview even if they offer me one at this point. It is too late in the cycle....

I didn't stay at these but had many classmates that did. The Westside apartments were nice and campus was walkable, visited many times and wished I had stayed there.

Interviewed 3/14, got the WL email today. Super bummed because the interviews felt pretty good. Any tips on how to stay positive?

Interviewed 3/14, got the WL email today. Super bummed because the interviews felt pretty good. Any tips on how to stay positive?
Well friend, it is totally valid and normal to be disappointed. For the next day or so, I'd suggest that you actually embrace it, maybe even write down your thoughts in a journal to just get it out, then listen to music, go for a walk, and talk with friends and family. Know that the WL is not at all the end of the road. I can't emphasize enough that so many current students I talked with on interview day came off the WL in April/May and this is also evident in past years forums, so please don't lose hope!

Reactions: 1 users

I was only on the waitlist for a month before the acceptance call with choice of campus, hang in there!

Reactions: 3 users
supposedly but I am in the cold. they have not reached out to me. :(

does anyone have Tahlequah housing recommendations ?

I submitted my secondary on January 5th and haven't heard back for an interview yet. Do y'all know if by now you haven't heard anything, does that generally mean you didn't get the interview?

I am in the same boat as you! I am not feeling good about this; it is highly unlikely we are still in play, unfortunately.

I submitted my secondary on January 5th and haven't heard back for an interview yet. Do y'all know if by now you haven't heard anything, does that generally mean you didn't get the interview?

I’d say chances may be slim, but it’s not over until it’s over! I know the next (not sure if it’s the last?) interview date is the 16th, which is still two weeks away. I got the call for my interview eight days before the interview. Keeping my fingers crossed for you

I’d say chances may be slim, but it’s not over until it’s over! I know the next (not sure if it’s the last?) interview date is the 16th, which is still two weeks away. I got the call for my interview eight days before the interview. Keeping my fingers crossed for you
Fingers crossed! Thank you :)

Anyone hear back about any scholarships yet? I can’t figure out about what time they start making those decisions

I see health insurance is included in COA. Is their student-specific plan required or can I opt for insurance through Oklahoma Medicaid or the Healthcare Marketplace?

I see health insurance is included in COA. Is their student-specific plan required or can I opt for insurance through Oklahoma Medicaid or the Healthcare Marketplace?
Theres not a required plan! You can opt for whatever insurance policy works best for you!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone hear back about any scholarships yet? I can’t figure out about what time they start making those decisions

When I was accepted, I filled out the scholarship app in December. Didn’t hear anything back until the end of May. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 2 users
Dean Hackler confirmed today was the last round of interviews at OSU COM.

Reactions: 3 users
So who got a disceptively title update email about the graduate degree?