2023-2024 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the interview format? Is it individual, group, MMI?
There are a few elements to interview day. There's a individual short conversation with the admissions director, a 2-on-1 interview with a physician and a PhD, and a group scenario based portion.

Reactions: 2 users
When did you interview?
I know this isn’t addressed to me, but it looks like they got accepted to tahlequah exactly 3 weeks after their initial interview, turned it down, and was on the WL for Tulsa for about 6 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it too late to apply here?
their deadline for submission of AACOMAS primary is Feb 28 and secondary essays March 30
If you already have an active AACOMAS application finished, you should be able to add this school

to answer your other question their interviews are in person only

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED THIS MORNING!! CRYING HAPPY TEARS!!!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
+1
Did you get the email they talked about yet? And campus?
I didn't receive an email, but on the website where we sent all of our recommendation letters and secondaries it has a couple places to fill out for personal information for next year.

Hi, second year Tahlequah student here. They do send out rejections but generally most people either end up on the WL or accepted! There’s a lot of WL movement in spring-summer and a large portion of the incoming class usually comes from the WL, so don’t loose hope!

Anyone can feel free to message me if you have any questions 😁.
Hey so I interviewed on 10/27 and WL on 11/3. I sent my LOI sometimes early January. I still haven't heard anything back. What are my odds?

Does anyone know the interview format? Is it individual, group, MMI?
So there is a 20 min group interview kind of discussing some ethics based questions. Then you have a five min one-on-one and then a 30 min 2-1. The 2-1 is blind so makesure to adjust your tell me about yourself based off that

Congratulations. When did you interview and were you on the waitlist at all?
I interviewed late January. Luckily I was not on the waitlist!! hope you get your call soon!!!

Hey so I interviewed on 10/27 and WL on 11/3. I sent my LOI sometimes early January. I still haven't heard anything back. What are my odds?
Most of our WL movement happens in April-May after the interview season is over. There can be some WL movement as far as July so don't loose hope yet! You still have a good chance of getting accepted, just keep doing what you've been doing and update the school on any noteworthy accomplishments you have over the next few months.

Reactions: 1 users
thanks for jump scaring me about dr pete's immersion camp

Reactions: 9 users
I’m accepted and got that email too so I wouldn’t read into it if you have not gotten in yet. I agree the subject line is pretty cruel lol

yeah, do we take that as a super soft R or?..
Us current COM students got it too. It's an event aimed at high school students. Not sure why it went to everyone in the school system haha

Does anyone know what kind of curriculum this school has? Is it mainly traditional lectures, PBL, or team-based learning?
From when I did a Day in The Life, the students sat through three 50-ish minute traditional lectures in a row, broke for lunch, and then had two labs a couple hours long each. From what I remember, not all lectures are mandatory but one of the ones I sat in was required. I think that is the general structure of their curriculum.

Edit: Labs were of course mandatory lol. And I went on a Wednesday which was their heavier schedule day. The students I spoke to said they studied/watched lectures at home and did not go to lectures in person unless required. The required one was specifically an osteopathic lecture.

Last edited:
So my file was complete in September but I haven't heard anything since the "you're still on our radar" email. Really hoping to hear back soon :(

From my understanding, they will continue holding interviews until the end of April. There's still time.

I interviewed two weeks ago today but have not heard back yet via phone call or email. Does this mean I am likely rejected? I know I am unlikely accepted, but they said within two weeks I would hear back.

I have not. I feel like the waiting is much more stressful, lol
Oh yes, that is what I was meaning haha. I heard that they sometimes will make calls or send emails on Saturdays from one of the current students. So maybe we could hear some news as early as tomorrow? Hopefully they did not forget about us lol.

Do you know how many more interview days they have or how frequent they are this late in the cycle?

Oh yes, that is what I was meaning haha. I heard that they sometimes will make calls or send emails on Saturdays from one of the current students. So maybe we could hear some news as early as tomorrow? Hopefully they did not forget about us lol.

Do you know how many more interview days they have or how frequent they are this late in the cycle?
I don't know how many. I remember them saying until April. However, I don't know how many they'll squeeze in.

They could still add more, but right now, they still have dates for interviews going into mid-April.

I will be attending the Tahlequah campus. Anyone look for apartments or have any recommendations? Not sure how fast apartments sell fast or when i should figure this out