OSUCOM -class of 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by Salmo
I just hope I get to talk to him in time to buy some books and a microscope from him.

We need to talk...

Members don't see this ad.

Idiopathic, my number is 585-1307. Call anytime.

I was planning on getting my books on Thursday (tomorrow). Max told me that he had some for me but then he disappeared. To be honest it is starting to piss me off. Max is a great guy but I keep hearing about these second years that are going out to dinner and such with their MS-1's and I already knew mine and can't even get in touch with him. Seems a bit ironic. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Hello... proud to say I have tilted a few pints with jon on his bender. But Jon.... What is this about the orange micro lab repainting???? My vote goes for forest green.. kind of a nice earth tone... the orange reminds me of traffic cones, I am in agreement, that headache orange has got to go. BTW... I know I have been adding alot of late notice dinner guests but if it is not too much trouble Bryan Harris (MS2) and his wife will likely attend so please add them to the list if possible.

On a different note. As far as mentors go I feel that the school did a really good job setting up my mentor and I. He has loaded me up with books and good advice. If it were not for him I would still feel like a total stranger to this town and the med-school dogma. Thanks Jeff!!

BK:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dinner now scheduled for Friday the 8th at Chimis on 15th St. Meet at the school parking lot at 6 pm and we'll carpool over.

Idiopathic MS II
fenrezz MS II
DrMom MS II & Mr. DrMom
Bryan Harris MS II & wife
Jeff Reid MS II (maybe)

jon62781 MS I
deano MS I and friend
supersars MS I
cuteD.O.c MSI and husband
non-SDN'er MS I (maybe)
bck MS I
dochoppy MS I
momdo MS I
lajune17 MS I and boyfriend
Karen MSI
Scott MS I

Originally posted by bck
What is this about the orange micro lab repainting???? My vote goes for forest green.. kind of a nice earth tone... the orange reminds me of traffic cones, I am in agreement, that headache orange has got to go.
:laugh:

From what I understand, you guys probably won't be using that lab anyways, so no worries. :D

Small world--Brian's wife is from my hometown (and those of you who know me realize I come from the sticks!)

I have another MSII that wants to go to dinner on Fri - Tonya Dye and her husband Larry. Can we still put them on, DrMom? Thanks

We don't get to use the Orange Lab? Oh no, I bought 2 dozen boxes of advil to counteract the headache causing glare. Oh well...

So does anybody know how I can get into touch with Max?

Originally posted by bck
On a different note. As far as mentors go I feel that the school did a really good job setting up my mentor and I. He has loaded me up with books and good advice. If it were not for him I would still feel like a total stranger to this town and the med-school dogma. Thanks Jeff!!

BK:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes, well, if one person can be happy, it is all worth it...my 1st year still wont even frickin' call me back. I have a very inexpensive microscope if anyone needs one. I also have a cheap Netters (hardly read) and Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine (only opened once...insert laugh here) that I will be willing to sell. Of course, I would like to give my 1st year first crack, but he has to call me...

Bryan and Jeff are great guys and are welcome...please check with me before you all invite anyone else as I have ultimate veto power (no one alerted you?). Fenrezz was grandfathered in or his ass would be OUT!! (creepy Dolphins fan). :laugh:

J/K buddy, I look forward to more 3AM study sessions in a room next to yours...btw, did you guys get the email about Pete's cot? I about died laughing...too funny.

We don't get to use the Orange Lab? Oh no, I bought 2 dozen boxes of advil to counteract the headache causing glare. Oh well...

Thats okay...you will need it for the game room...sheesh.

I talked to my friend, Anna (MSI), today and she said she would like to come to the dinner on Friday. I think there is an 80% probability that she will be there (just a guess on my part).

I think I am going to have to give Maxwell a beating for being a crappy second year. :rolleyes: I'm glad that the system is working for some people, at least. :)

So, here's the dinner list, thus far:

Idiopathic MS II
fenrezz MS II
DrMom MS II & Mr. DrMom
Jeff Reid MS II (maybe)

jon62781 MS I
deano MS I and friend
supersars MS I
non-SDN'er MS I (maybe)
bck MS I
dochoppy MS I
momdo MS I
Karen MSI
Scott MS I
Anna MS I (maybe)

Dinner now scheduled for Friday the 8th at Chimis on 15th St. Meet at the school parking lot at 6 pm and we'll carpool over.

Idiopathic MS II
fenrezz MS II
DrMom MS II
Tonya MS II & husband
Jeff Reid MS II (maybe)

jon62781 MS I
deano MS I and friend
supersars MS I
non-SDN'er MS I (maybe)
bck MS I
dochoppy MS I
momdo MS I
Karen MSI
Scott MS I
Anna MS I (maybe)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Idiopathic
Thats okay...you will need it for the game room...sheesh.

:laugh: You sure have a thing about the new decor! :laugh:

Hey, now that Mr. DrMom can't come to the dinner, how 'bout we call it a date. ;)

please check with me before you all invite anyone else as I have ultimate veto power (no one alerted you?). Fenrezz was grandfathered in or his ass would be OUT!! (creepy Dolphins fan). :laugh:

Hey, I'm the all powerful one around here!!!! :mad:

;)

J/K buddy, I look forward to more 3AM study sessions in a room next to yours...btw, did you guys get the email about Pete's cot? I about died laughing...too funny.

I'll be next door on the other side with my study partner. :laugh:

I got a kick out of the email, too!!!

btw, did you guys get the email about Pete's cot? I about died laughing...too funny.

I know, I actually laughed out loud when I read that. I can't believe he left it in one of the breakout rooms. I think he left the fridge too. He's a funny guy. I almost had the impression that they wanted to send that email directly to Max and I as opposed to everyone else, but I swear we cleaned up and put everything back the way it was, but I had to leave the fridge, it was too heavy for me. :D

Man, there's going to be a lot of people at that dinner. I hope they don't run out of fajitas

This is totally off subject but for those of you who give me a confused look when I try to explain where I'm from, check the Oklahoma news on tv.

My little hometown of Turpin, OK is making headlines for having the first documented human case of West Nile Virus in Oklahoma.

hey Dr.Mom

I would like to buy your microscope and the OMT book. my msII has been awful difficult to get hold of. can you hold on to that stuff until friday when we meet. Thanks a lot

Originally posted by supersars
hey Dr.Mom

I would like to buy your microscope and the OMT book. my msII has been awful difficult to get hold of. can you hold on to that stuff until friday when we meet. Thanks a lot

You mean Idiopathic. I don't have either of these things available. :)

I suppose I can ask some of the other MS2's if they have an available microscope etc because it looks like I may need to get my stuff from somebody else. I would really like to get this stuff taken care of before we get a month into the semester.

Hello everyone,
My 1st year - Amy, is awesome. She mentions sdn and i felt the need to see what's up with everyone.

too sweeet - awesome pics !!!
fenrezz - i am glad you're back safely, enjoy your family movies, have you seen "Pink Flamingos"? after seeing it those flamingo notices around school this spring seemed odd to me. "Gummo" is about a boy and his friends.
smashly - your new facial decor sounds cool!
Dr. Mom - you are as awesome as ever.
undergrad - so far 12lbs in 13 days !!!!
shonda - thanks for the club info, i'd like a hooded sweat thingy
idiopathic - you are too funny, are you dr. mom's study buddy?

and to all ms1s - you are entering a world with new dimensions... good luck and enjoy !!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I suppose I can ask some of the other MS2's if they have an available microscope etc because it looks like I may need to get my stuff from somebody else. I would really like to get this stuff taken care of before we get a month into the semester.

I have a great scope that is a little older, but wil be less than half the cost of a new one. I am looking to get $500 for it and I used it well when getting my 'A' in Histology (not to brag). I wil bring it Friday if you are interested.

Originally posted by path2be
idiopathic - you are too funny, are you dr. mom's study buddy?

See, if we werent in mixed company, I would find a great joke to insert here...But alas, I must maintain the appearance of respectability, so I will simply say that, yes, I am funny, and no, I am not the "DrMom study buddy" that you are probably thinking of...I am MUCH cooler than that guy :)

no, I am not the "DrMom study buddy" that you are probably thinking of...I am MUCH cooler than that guy :)

Oooohhh! I'm gonna tell him what you said...I'm not to blame if he beats your @$$. :laugh:

nope, path2be. the person in question is registered here as scrappydoo, but he hasn't gotten on in many months.

Any updates? I'll be calling Chimis on Friday (mid-day) to update our #. I'd like to be pretty close to the real thing. :D Looks like it's currently somewhere between 20 - 23 :clap:

Dinner on Friday the 8th at Chimis on 15th St.
Meet at the school parking lot (the one by the main entrance...where you can drive under the walkway) at 6 pm and we'll carpool over.

Idiopathic MS II
fenrezz MS II
DrMom MS II
Tonya MS II & husband
Jeff Reid MS II (maybe)

jon62781 MS I
deano MS I and friend
supersars MS I
non-SDN'er MS I (maybe)
bck MS I
dochoppy MS I
momdo MS I
Karen MSI
Scott MS I
Anna MS I (maybe)

***If you think there is a chance you might be late, PM or email me & I'll give you my cell phone #. That way I'll know to hold a spot at the table for you & I can give you directions, if needed. ***

I have invited my first year (Aaron) and his wife tomorrow night, but have not received a reply. Also, I will not be carpooling, and not just because I cannot conceive of the vehicle that could transport 23 people, but because I am a loner and a rebel...and my babysitter doesnt arrive until 6:30. So I will also be a little late.

I can carpool, but I have a Corolla, and as you all know they can hold only 3 regular passangers (or 4 heroin-addicted models).

I can fit two people in the trunk if worse comes to worse, however, being Italian, I wouldn't want any rumors to start going around about my having "bodies in the trunk of my car" (especially with my last name).

Anyone know when loan money will be given out? I'm having mine direct deposited into my account.

:laugh: Fenrezz, we know about your family name!!! :laugh:

Since we're offering...as long as my A/C works tomorrow :rolleyes: I can take 3-4. No need to be a waif model. ;)

From what I've been told, loan $$ is supposed to be deposited tomorrow sometime. Don't know if that applies to you MS I's, though. You'll probably get your $$ next week.

The MS1 money is supposed to be deposited no later than the 11th. But I still wouldn't count on it.

The MS1 money is supposed to be deposited no later than the 11th. But I still wouldn't count on it.

Can't be any worse than last year when a FedEx plane crash delayed some people's fin aid!!

(don't worry, the crash was earlier in the summer & contained parts of our applications...you should be in the clear! ;) )

If its not too late, I just talked to another MS1 who would really like to come to the dinner tonight if its not too late.

If possible please add Tim Teal (MS1) to the reservation if ya can.

Thanks
BK

Idiopathic, I finally got in touch with Maxwell so I am just going to buy his. Thanks for backing me up though. I was starting to get a little nervouse, in case you couldn't tell.

Meet at the school parking lot (the one by the main entrance...where you can drive under the walkway) at 6 pm and we'll carpool over.

Idiopathic MS II
fenrezz MS II
DrMom MS II
Tonya MS II & husband
Jeff Reid MS II (maybe)

jon62781 MS I
deano MS I and friend
supersars MS I
non-SDN'er MS I (maybe)
bck MS I
dochoppy MS I
momdo MS I
Karen MSI
Scott MS I
Tim MS I
Anna MS I (maybe)

***If you think there is a chance you might be late, PM or email me & I'll give you my cell phone #. That way I'll know to hold a spot at the table for you & I can give you directions, if needed. ***

I talked to Philip and he says he's in for tonight. He was on his way back from Alabama but he should be home by now.

Idiopathic MS II
fenrezz MS II
DrMom MS II
Tonya MS II & husband
Jeff Reid MS II (maybe)
Phillip MS II

jon62781 MS I
deano MS I and friend
supersars MS I
non-SDN'er MS I (maybe)
bck MS I
dochoppy MS I
momdo MS I
Karen MSI
Scott MS I
Tim MS I
Anna MS I (maybe)

Whew! Just in time ;) ...I'm reading this as I'm calling Chimis to confirm a #. We can flex a little if a different # shows up, but I'm confirming for the 22 definites...yes you can still come if you're not on the current list. :D

See you all soon!!!

My mentor suggested I log in.
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone.
Sorry can't make the dinner.

Just wanted to wish everyone (MS1 and 2 alike) gooooood luck on your first REAL day of school..... If you need alcohol therapy, westport is the place to play!!!:eek:

:love: :love:
+pissed+

Hi guys..... just thought I would drop a lil' reply.

Up until about 20 minutes ago, I was perfectly calm with this whole medical school thing..... then... as I sit in the OSU-COM computer lab at 11 o'clock at night printing out the first WEEKS worth of notes for biochem (which, by the way is the class everyone is telling me to not worry about "pissing on" until it is close (piss on the fire closest). )

Anywho............. i guess this is going to be a hell of a lot of work and I just wanted to say it helps knowing nice people like the OSU family will be here to help sustain sanity!!!!!

GO SANITY :clap: :clap: :clap: