OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sure you learn the most on rotations. So it only makes sense.

What do you want to do after graduation pharm B?
Get better at piano and painting.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you enlighten us on some of the **** students say? Lol

"Well, one project idea is to write an article for the hospital employee newsletter"
"Oh, I don't write well."

Icantbelievethosewordsleftyourmouthbut "ok, how about presenting an in service to the pharmacists?"
"Oh, I'm terrible at public speaking."

Preceptor thought bubble: "then what the everloving **** do you do well, because you certainly aren't cute enough to just sit there quiet and look pretty."

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can you enlighten us on some of the **** students say? Lol

"Oh, you wanted me to dose that vancomycin per pharmacy? I thought you just wanted me to check if the doses were right."

Apparently I need to be v e r y explicit with this one.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll keep those thing in mind as what not to say while on rotations. Haha

It's pretty boring tbh. Wasn't even that great of a beer.

That's to be expected... Airport beers are very generic, overpriced crowd pleasers.

Btw, awesome avatar! Top Gear (British version) is one epic show. Clarkson and the guys always crack me...

Members don't see this ad :)
These pre-pharmers these days...they don't seem nearly as interesting as we were.

Or as witty and handsome.

Also, grats on y'all's residency matches! I'm still firmly on the vo-tech track, myself. :p Want to stay flexible in case the fiancé's job takes us someplace random.

These pre-pharmers these days...they don't seem nearly as interesting as we were.

Or as witty and handsome.

Also, grats on y'all's residency matches! I'm still firmly on the vo-tech track, myself. :p Want to stay flexible in case the fiancé's job takes us someplace random.
Did I miss the engagement news? Congrats! Also, talk about a power couple. Yeesh. ;)

Did I miss the engagement news? Congrats! Also, talk about a power couple. Yeesh. ;)

Thanks! We've set the date for New Year's Day. I figure I won't have any excuse for forgetting anniversaries. And as for power couples...go stick your head in the path forum sometimes- I finally managed to find a bunch of professionals (well, besides new law grads) who are more pessimistic about the job market than we are! Wakka wakka wakka

I AM Captain Slow.

Well, except for his bizarre attraction to Audis.

James is awesome and is probably the most knowledgeable of the three, although I find the show to be hilarious because of Clarkson's completely useless and idiotic ideas. Case in point:

I thought his bizarre attraction was to the utterly hideous Fiat Panda - he even bought one. Audis, although bland and overpriced, aren't too bad.

I'm pretty jelly, honestly. Fiance's parents live just across the Washington state line from Portland, we spent last Christmas with them and it's beautiful country. I could see myself living there, but I think it may be a bit cold and damp for her, at least in the winter. I'm told the summers are glorious.

^ The view from their driveway.

I thought his bizarre attraction was to the utterly hideous Fiat Panda - he even bought one. Audis, although bland and overpriced, aren't too bad.

I was thinking of the episode where they compared the M3, the C63 AMG (my personal dream car) and the RS4 - he claimed that the BMW and Mercedes were garish and horrid, and that the RS4 was the 'sensible' high-performance sport sedan, or something like that.

Of course, Clarkson mocked him for choosing the slowest of the three.

Haha. I haven't developed that acquired taste I guess. Plus it's a lot of carbs. Lol

It's an easy enough taste to acquire with the company of a few good friends... And trust me, after a couple of drinks, you're not going to care about the carbs. You'll spend much of your energy preventing yourself from falling over, much like the rest of your now inebriated friends. :D

I was thinking of the episode where they compared the M3, the C63 AMG (my personal dream car) and the RS4 - he claimed that the BMW and Mercedes were garish and horrid, and that the RS4 was the 'sensible' high-performance sport sedan, or something like that.

Of course, Clarkson mocked him for choosing the slowest of the three.

I think I know which episode you're referring to, and you're right, he does have a peculiar way of picking cars. Oddly enough, he tends to pick the slowest car of the bunch... Hence, Captain Slow.

C63 AMG is a nice car, but I can never justify spending that much cash on a car. Although I'm enjoy watching car shows, my dream car is anything affordable that will get me from point A to point B without the engine falling out. Boring, I know...

C63 AMG is a nice car, but I can never justify spending that much cash on a car. Although I'm enjoy watching car shows, my dream car is anything affordable that will get me from point A to point B without the engine falling out. Boring, I know...

I feel like I'll probably end up the same way, really. I started school with the plan of buying one as soon as I got my first paycheck... now, we're looking at Subarus. :unsure: I just don't know how I'd feel about a car payment that's as much as my current house payment, even if I could afford it.

It's an easy enough taste to acquire with the company of a few good friends... And trust me, after a couple of drinks, you're not going to care about the carbs. You'll spend much of your energy preventing yourself from falling over, much like the rest of your now inebriated friends. :D
This made me laugh because it is true. Haha

I feel like I'll probably end up the same way, really. I started school with the plan of buying one as soon as I got my first paycheck... now, we're looking at Subarus. :unsure: I just don't know how I'd feel about a car payment that's as much as my current house payment, even if I could afford it.

I agree. I'm not too fond of making payments on anything that depreciates as drastically as a car. Just as soon the back tires leave the dealer's lot, you've lost a huge percentage of your initial investment. On the plus side, Subarus can be quite fun to drive. The WRX and BRZ aren’t bad at all. In fact, the WRX is a blast to drive in hilly locations like the one in the picture you posted above. If you think shopping for a Subaru is bad, wait until kids come into the picture – you’ll find yourself looking at minivans. :D

I agree. I'm not too fond of making payments on anything that depreciates as drastically as a car. Just as soon the back tires leave the dealer's lot, you've lost a huge percentage of your initial investment. On the plus side, Subarus can be quite fun to drive. The WRX and BRZ aren’t bad at all. In fact, the WRX is a blast to drive in hilly locations like the one in the picture you posted above. If you think shopping for a Subaru is bad, wait until kids come into the picture – you’ll find yourself looking at minivans. :D
I had a blast driving a WRX once. 10/10, would borrow friend's car again.

I had a 300zx convertible for a few years. Man, that thing was FUN. I'd love to get a tricked-out white one like in Kill Bill eventually.

Oh ya, the 300zx is a lot of fun to drive. I also borrowed my friend's 300zx a few years back and it was a blast... The 300zx is pretty darn cheap now and is a good poor man's car. But for the cash, I'd much rather drop a bit more money on a Supra or S2000. They're great cars that are fun to mod as they have great potentials. I've seen beat-up looking Supras take out brand new GTR's on the drag strip... Of course, it's pretty costly when you're in the modding game.

A porsche
misc-got-a-badass-over-here-l-png.1811

Since we are on car talk has anyone seen the new corvettes? Those you get the most bang for your buck!

Since we are on car talk has anyone seen the new corvettes? Those you get the most bang for your buck!
Tons of people here have corvettes- they aren't unique.

Saw a Ferrari today that I coveted, though.

I think I look at and admire hot cars more than I look at and admire trixies on the street.

Then again, trixies aren't on my radar these days. :)

I think I look at and admire hot cars more than I look at and admire trixies on the street.

Not gonna lie. I had to look up what trixie meant. They're not on my radar either, but sometimes I still appreciate getting a visual. ;)

This is true. But the power you get for the price makes them worth it.

Trixie?

Saw the new Stringray for the first time just this week. It looked real nice in real life, and much better than the C6 in my opinion. Most bang for bucks? I'm not so sure...

Saw a Ferrari California right by the Mills recently... It's a beautiful thing.

Btw, are you changing direction or simply switching gears?