OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey it's cool to get those CPhT letters too 😛

How far off is Michigan from you? Is it a girl or a guy?
51EWWHFZA3L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
Also, is this the right book you all? or should i have gotten the review for PTCB certification by Mosby's?

Its a girl.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah! I wanna get mine too. I don't even need to be certified, but I am bored.

So, I am going to Michigan tomorrow to meet an SDN member and future classmate.

Woh! That's pretty ballsy of you doc. Isn't the auto show still going on? You should go to that.
 
Yeah I know right. It's cool though because I got my taser in case ish goes down nah mean? Yeah, auto shows are sweet, but I'll feel bad cause Ill be paying more attentions to the whips instead of her. 😉

Now you're sure you are meeting a girl? :laugh: JK of course.

But I'd be careful in that case.
 
Yeah I know right. It's cool though because I got my taser in case ish goes down nah mean? Yeah, auto shows are sweet, but I'll feel bad cause Ill be paying more attentions to the whips instead of her. 😉


Whattt... you should go! I went to the international boat show in Miami and it was really cool. They had the open fisherman boats and the speed boats in one area at the convention center, and then you could take a bus to the marina and go inside the yachts!

I almost bought a taser and mace because at my last apartment this man had his adult son living with him who was supposed to be admitted to a mental health hospital and he had been arrested repeatedly from the complex for sexually harrassing the younger girls. They lived on the first floor and their screened in porch faced the parking lot and the walkway to the pool. 😱 Of course my assigned parking spot was about 20 feet away and I look like a teenager so he would sit outside all day, and when I would come home or get in the car to leave he would yell stuff. Once I was with my boyfriend (who is 6'2") and my other friend who looks extremely intimidating (he's like 6'4" 300 lbs of muscle) and this guy started yelling at me and then tried to threaten the guys I was with!
 
Don't worry, doc. I looked her up and you'll be just fine.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d5nptnbbr8[/YOUTUBE]

😀
:laugh:
Personal experience eh 🙂 ? Power has been out of an hour... 34 mph winds here too ! Sweetttt

Nope actually. I've met only one girl IRL after talking to her on AIM. But I knew her friends from school and her coworkers before I actually met her.
 
Whattt... you should go! I went to the international boat show in Miami and it was really cool. They had the open fisherman boats and the speed boats in one area at the convention center, and then you could take a bus to the marina and go inside the yachts!

I almost bought a taser and mace because at my last apartment this man had his adult son living with him who was supposed to be admitted to a mental health hospital and he had been arrested repeatedly from the complex for sexually harrassing the younger girls. They lived on the first floor and their screened in porch faced the parking lot and the walkway to the pool. 😱 Of course my assigned parking spot was about 20 feet away and I look like a teenager so he would sit outside all day, and when I would come home or get in the car to leave he would yell stuff. Once I was with my boyfriend (who is 6'2") and my other friend who looks extremely intimidating (he's like 6'4" 300 lbs of muscle) and this guy started yelling at me and then tried to threaten the guys I was with!

That sounds so scary. I hope you moved away from that creep very soon after that. I'm definitely going to get strapped when I'm a pharmacist.

Do you know if there's a way that pharmacists can get trained or licensed to keep "stuff" in their cars all the time?
 
It is still f-in raining here damnit. I like rain, but jesus, the roads are getting worse.

Tink, I am so getting strapped, too. My dad is a detective and he was a street cop before that. He taught me how to shoot a gun. I shot my uncle's AK once and OMG it was sweet!
 
It is still f-in raining here damnit. I like rain, but jesus, the roads are getting worse.

Tink, I am so getting strapped, too. My dad is a detective and he was a street cop before that. He taught me how to shoot a gun. I shot my uncle's AK once and OMG it was sweet!

I should look into going to the shooting range once I'm a pharmacist. I know my high school physics teacher goes sometimes, so I could go there with him.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is still f-in raining here damnit. I like rain, but jesus, the roads are getting worse.

Tink, I am so getting strapped, too. My dad is a detective and he was a street cop before that. He taught me how to shoot a gun. I shot my uncle's AK once and OMG it was sweet!

That is sick. I applying for my FOID card soon. Unfortunately it is illegal to be strapped where I live, but I don't really care. Criminals will still get their weapons some how and I am not going to be unarmed when someone attempts to break in and potentially harm me or my family. I'm generally against violence, but when it comes down to it, everyone needs to know how to protect themselves.
 
It is still f-in raining here damnit. I like rain, but jesus, the roads are getting worse.

Tink, I am so getting strapped, too. My dad is a detective and he was a street cop before that. He taught me how to shoot a gun. I shot my uncle's AK once and OMG it was sweet!
electric was out for 3 hrs...... SRP had no "answer" but idk what's up... it will be up by 10 lol.

finally it's back up but the winds are getting worse... & it's still raining here too
 
I go away for one day and you guys are going on hot spontaneous mini vacations ? Juicy. :laugh: I approve. 👍
 
Crazybob... yeah it was kind of scary after it kept going on and I would be alone sometimes, but it was really annoying and I wanted to go over there and tell that guy off when it was happening. Of course I didn't because he wasn't sane, and I was scared he was going to snatch me like a hawk and lock me up in a little closet like Silence of the Lambs or something. :laugh:

It is still f-in raining here damnit. I like rain, but jesus, the roads are getting worse.

Tink, I am so getting strapped, too. My dad is a detective and he was a street cop before that. He taught me how to shoot a gun. I shot my uncle's AK once and OMG it was sweet!

I used to live on the border of a really sketchy neighborhood (if you ever watch The First 48 on AE, it is one of those places where they're always investigating). My ex-roommate's boyfriend drove a street bike... so one day he walked in with a huge case across his shoulder. He opened it up and pulled out an AR-15. Then he would sleep every night with his hand gun on the night table. I thought he was a little paranoid. :laugh:

I sometimes contemplated getting certified in Florida for a concealed weapon because we don't have really strict laws... I'm pretty sure you just have to be 21. I'm kind of scared of guns though because I know a few people who have been shot and/or killed so I'm hesitant to have them around. My boyfriend has a Colt 45 but it is locked up at his dad's house so it doesn't get stolen or anything.
 
Dude- there's a tornado warning where I live and AZ is in a state of emergency. Flooding, sandbags, the whole bit. ****. If I am not here tomorrow, wish me luck. I gotta get home.

You'll be here tomorrow. We can't afford to lose an important friend. Really.
 
I sometimes contemplated getting certified in Florida for a concealed weapon because we don't have really strict laws... I'm pretty sure you just have to be 21. I'm kind of scared of guns though because I know a few people who have been shot and/or killed so I'm hesitant to have them around. My boyfriend has a Colt 45 but it is locked up at his dad's house so it doesn't get stolen or anything.

I'm probably going to get a CCW permit when I'm more permanently settled somewhere.
 
I am alive!!! But, we took a pounding and it is still raining. Lots of roads closed 🙁 Some kid got swept away in a flood- 6 years old and some hikers got stranded. It never ceases to amaze me- who goes hiking when it's pouring outside? I mean, c'mon...have a little common sense! There is so much snow up north that it looks like Minnesota! HA!
 
Yay off-topic thread has made it through another day! No house flooding, no avalanches in Arizona, no home invasions, it was a good night. :laugh:

Now I get to sit through 6 hours of Microbiology😀
 
I am alive!!! But, we took a pounding and it is still raining. Lots of roads closed 🙁 Some kid got swept away in a flood- 6 years old and some hikers got stranded. It never ceases to amaze me- who goes hiking when it's pouring outside? I mean, c'mon...have a little common sense! There is so much snow up north that it looks like Minnesota! HA!

Yay off-topic thread has made it through another day! No house flooding, no avalanches in Arizona, no home invasions, it was a good night. :laugh:

Now I get to sit through 6 hours of Microbiology😀

Yay 🙂 I'm glad you girls are ok. 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went to Michigan over the summer to hang out with a friend... and it was a nice experience, but man, it's just a very different kind of place than I'm used to. Not bad, just... different.

In other news, before tonight I had always avoided gelato because I don't like Jell-o.

What an unfortunate (and delicious) mistake!
 
i went to michigan over the summer to hang out with a friend... And it was a nice experience, but man, it's just a very different kind of place than i'm used to. Not bad, just... Different.

In other news, before tonight i had always avoided gelato because i don't like jell-o.

What an unfortunate (and delicious) mistake!

i looooveeee gelatoooo
 
I can't imagine any situation where I was handed $40M that I'd be at all upset.

Perspective, I guess.


Here's the transcript.
"Before we end this rodeo, a few things need to be said. There has been a lot of speculation in the press about what I legally can and can't say about NBC. To set the record straight, tonight I am allowed to say anything I want. And what I want to say is this: between my time at Saturday Night Live, The Late Night Show, and my brief run here on The Tonight Show, I have worked with NBC for over twenty years.

Yes, we have our differences right now and yes, we're going to go our separate ways. But this company has been my home for most of my adult life. I am enormously proud of the work we have done together, and I want to thank NBC for making it all possible.

Walking away from The Tonight Show is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Making this choice has been enormously difficult. This is the best job in the world, I absolutely love doing it, and I have the best staff and crew in the history of the medium. But despite this sense of loss, I really feel this should be a happy moment. Every comedian dreams of hosting The Tonight Show and, for seven months, I got to. I did it my way, with people I love, and I do not regret a second. I've had more good fortune than anyone I know and if our next gig is doing a show in a 7-11 parking lot, we'll find a way to make it fun.

And finally, I have to say something to our fans. The massive outpouring of support and passion from so many people has been overwhelming. The rallies, the signs, all the goofy, outrageous creativity on the internet, and the fact that people have traveled long distances and camped out all night in the pouring rain to be in our audience, made a sad situation joyous and inspirational.

To all the people watching, I can never thank you enough for your kindness to me and I'll think about it for the rest of my life. All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.

Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. As proof, let's make an amazing thing happen right now. Here to close out our show, are a few good friends, led by Mr. Will Ferrell…"
And thats when Will Ferrell sang "Freebird," with a backing band of Conan, Billy Gibbons, Beck, Ben Harper, and the Tonight Show Band.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well apparently, I went to bed last night without eating dinner. That's gotta be a first :laugh:

But I had been really tired all week. So I went to sleep around 6 or 7 and got up this morning at 9.
 
I wish I could go to bed early... I never see my boyfriend bc he goes to sleep at like 9 or 10 wakes up at like 5 and goes to work... I stay up late because I can't sleep and its hard to get up early... If I had a morning job or classes I'd be able to change my schedule. Over the summer I had to wake up at 7 for class and it was still hard to sleep at night though. Lol
 
I wish I could go to bed early... I never see my boyfriend bc he goes to sleep at like 9 or 10 wakes up at like 5 and goes to work... I stay up late because I can't sleep and its hard to get up early... If I had a morning job or classes I'd be able to change my schedule. Over the summer I had to wake up at 7 for class and it was still hard to sleep at night though. Lol

I remember only one time when I really couldn't sleep even though I should have been tired enough.

During my first semester of my junior year, this girl I love was studying abroad in Europe so she was gone for the whole year. At that time, I had not seen her for 3 months, so it was hard for me. So one night, I went to bed around midnight, and I could not sleep because I missed her so much (She was the first girl I had liked when I started college, and I don't think there was ever a point when I didn't like her. I still have feelings for her sometimes). So, after an hour of trying to sleep, I got up back on my computer to work on chem lab report That ended with me going to bed at 3:30 AM. I woke back up at 6:30 to leave home around 7 AM to avoid some of the morning traffic. I also had a 3-hour lab (1PM-4PM) that afternoon, and I remember dozing off a little in lab. It was a good thing my professor didn't catch me sleeping in a lab with transition metals :laugh: That night, around 6PM, we had a chemistry club meeting and the new chem professor was giving a talk. I was alert in the beginning, but I fell asleep so many times during the meeting that I had no idea what her presentation was about :laugh: I remember three chem professors (two current, one retired) sitting in the row behind me and the retired professor talked about seeing me fall asleep so many times :laugh: