Other than me, I most want _____ to get in this year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMidlife

has an opinion
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Other than me, I most want TexasTriathlete to get in this year. He makes me laugh. He shows initiative and ballsiness in his SDN posts, and doesn't get all cranky and vindictive when people can't take a joke. SDN got better when he got here. He's got that high energy, bugs-in-the-teeth triathlon vibe. Low ego, high gratitude. He probably knows who Molly Ivins is. Like me, he hasn't yet heard from EVMS who are taking their sweet damn time sending their sweet damn secondaries. I want to sing Ethel Merman songs while I dissect in GA lab, and I bet he could do harmony.

Next?

Members don't see this ad.

Other than me, I want non-trads on SDN to get in this year, because they are the most interesting people, with incredible backgrounds and experiences, and I'd love to have them as classmates.

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend Law (occasionally posts on here as TheLaw, but not too often). He is really hard-working and puts 100% effort into everything, and he's got a good heart - he is always encouraging and positive, and he is able to be happy when other people get something he didn't. I think he'd make a good med student and a great doc.

This is a brilliant thread. :) Thanks, DrM!

Unfortunately, I am not able to pick just one person.. there are too many people who I'm rooting for this year. (As long as they don't knock me out of a seat... :smuggrin: ) So in no particular order, and with apologies to those whom I've inadvertently not named:

Captain Fantastic- because we only have one state school, and he's EDP. Since statistically we all have the best chance at our state schools, this makes him Most Likely to be My Classmate. :D

DrMidlife- the confident, positive, yet snarky attitude wins mega-points in my book. Plus she loves shoes about as much as I do. Bonus points for that. :thumbup:

megboo- this is a gimme. Next, please. :cool:

Quix- I spent way too much time editing his secondary essays for it to be all for naught. :rolleyes: Oh, and because I'm a firm believer that if you can write the textbooks they use, they should really think about having you join them as a student... :laugh:

zipmedic- if the Cubs ACTUALLY make it to the playoffs, it's inevitable that they'll choke and he's going to need *some* kind of good news to comfort him through the long, hard, cold winter. :p

Phoenix.- there are lots of reasons, but largely because we pretty much have the same first name and birds (*snicker*) of a feather need to stick together. :thumbup:

Funky- because he IS funky enough. :)

I have to put in a vote for DrMidlife! I enjoy your intensity and passion. I find your threads truly inspiring. You really take time out to answer people's questions thoroughly and with honesty. You come across as very wise! Good Luck! I hope that once in med school you will still have time to reply to those of us who are at the beginning of the pre-med journey.

Well, I am in (still pinching myself) and I am pulling for EVERY SINGLE person out there who is truly a non-trad. Let's increase the average age of the entering class by TWO YEARS this cycle. Non-trads unite!

OH, and my friend David because he RAWKS. (Hi D.)

Other than me, I most want my husband to get in this year. Actually probably equal to me wanting to get in. Okay actually he deserves it more than I do, but hopefully we'll both get in! :D

All the non-trads on here. Everyone is so positive and helpful, and I think all of us would make fantastic doctors:)

Ok, I wanted to revive this really great, truly unselfish thread. I know you don't know me, but I certainly feel like I know all of you and really want you to get in! You've been so inspiring, enlightening, and fun all at the same time. I've been lurking since late August, too embarrassed to post much, having discovered far too late that I committed the cardinal SDN sin of applying late. (Forgive me fellow non-trads for I have sinned. I am *gulp* submitting my AMCAS primary this week . . . but don't worry - I'm a Pollyanna about it, I WILL get into med school, so it's ok! :D I feel no need to dwell on the bad. I'll get my secondaries out ASAP and play the waiting game with the best of 'em!)

Anyway, in particular, LShapely - we have similar stats, and we're into the arts! (I'm a former thespian, band geek and art historian.) Good luck with UVM and the other invites that I'm sure will come your way. :luck: Also, your avatar cracks me up . . . every single time I see it! :laugh:

And Dr. Midlife, you rock. I enjoy reading your posts so very much. I don't know what you got on your MCAT writing sample, but if it's less than a T, I cite this as solid evidence that the system is fundamentally flawed. And yes, your avatar is one of faves as well. It reminds me of Cheri Oteri's Porch Lady from late '90s SNL, "You see this? It's mine now! I keep it!"

Oh, and Quix - my husband thinks I'm cheating on him with you because I blabbered on one day about all of the crazy amazing stuff on your mdapps profile. Point being, you'll get in, I know it! :thumbup:

If I didn't mention you by name, it's just because I'm too sleepy right now, and I have to get back to editing my PS. :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some October 15th love for you early interviewers! :hardy:

Thanks CultureDoc!

Well, like most people on this board, I am pulling for all of the nontrads. But the ones that stand out the most to me are DancinRN, Quix and Phoenix.

I have a personal stake in DancinRN's success, as I have been performing customized, interpretitive dances for her through the verification, interview invite and now acceptance stages.

Quix because he is a nontrad + a reapp and he is also a PA resident (home state bias). Also, after reading many of his posts I think the schools would be foolish not to accept him.

Finally Phoenix because we are about the same age but she is clearly wise beyond her years!

Well, that's it. Good luck to you all!!!!

Thanks CultureDoc!

Well, like most people on this board, I am pulling for all of the nontrads. But the ones that stand out the most to me are DancinRN, Quix and Phoenix.

I have a personal stake in DancinRN's success, as I have been performing customized, interpretitive dances for her through the verification, interview invite and now acceptance stages.

Quix because he is a nontrad + a reapp and he is also a PA resident (home state bias). Also, after reading many of his posts I think the schools would be foolish not to accept him.

Finally Phoenix because we are about the same age but she is clearly wise beyond her years!

Well, that's it. Good luck to you all!!!!

ha ha ha ha

hiya L!!!

I agree I want all the non trads to get in this year as well!!!!

however the person I want to get in the most is you!!! You are so helpful and encouraging and you deserve to go to med school, you have worked too hard to not get in!!! and besides I need to know that all of my dancin isn't in vain:):love::love:

good luck!!!!! oooooh I have never been so happy for a monday ever!!! I wonder if I will hear anything on the 15th!!!

this will be a weekend of dancing!!! (and working of course!!)

Mel:)