Out of all the other applicants applying, why should medical schools choose you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SexyDoctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having difficulty distinguishing myself from the other 40,000 applicants applying to medical school. (Yes, I know, that's a bit of an exaggeration). I feel like I'm just another average applicant with average ECs. :( What makes you special?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having difficulty distinguishing myself from the other 40,000 applicants applying to medical school. (Yes, I know, that's a bit of an exaggeration). I feel like I'm just another average applicant with average ECs. :( What makes you special?

Find a way to be your avatar.

/thread

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you are. Why should they then admit anyone else over you?

Err, do you just need some food for thought...? Cus I don't think finding out why I'm special (IF I am special :p) will help you find out why you are special.

I guess you can start thinking about what kind of person you are? How do you relate to others? Traits you have that've helped you get through something? If all else fails, just remember that your experiences are unique, even if they look the same on paper, because everyone experiences things in a different way. Just have to make that apparent in your essays...

My EC's differentiate, yo.

...You mean to say, OP, that you can't think of a single thing you've done that might be unique and/or impressive? :confused:

Me...well i can chew bubble gum while kicking ass.

For you... just tell them your going to have a hospital named after you before you retire

Me...well i can chew bubble gum while kicking ass.

For you... just tell them your going to have a hospital named after you before you retire

I like to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum.
:laugh:

Applying to my MS/PhD program... why shouldn't it carry over? :laugh:

Interviewer: Why should we choose you? What sets you above the other candidates?
Me: :annoyed:
Interviewer: *blank stare...*
Me (in a Captain Jack Sparrow voice): Because I'm (Mentioned my name here), savvy?
Interviewer: I'm not a big fan.
Me: :rolleyes:

RESULT - I'm really happy as I rolled my eyes @ the interviewer, she turned away for a moment into her desk. We'll leave it at that. needless to say I was accepted to the MS program, but not into the MS/PhD. Didn't attend this large state school for my MS. I didn't want to go here anyways... (I say that now lol)