Outpatient ortho/sports

Started by jchen707
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jchen707

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a Third year PT student and was thinking ahead to next year and was wondering if anyone could tell me how easy it is to find an ortho/sports PT position as a new grad nowadays? I've heard it's easier to find inpatient jobs especially acute care due to a high turnover rate, but not sure what it's like for ortho PTs or if it's regionalized (more positions in certain regions)? any insight would be great, thanks!
 
I do think it's a bit regionalized, but there does seem to be less open positions than other settings. Anecdotally, my friend has been a company floater between clinics for a couple years hoping for a permanent position. She chose to move on to a different city and had a handful of interviews and multiple offers for significantly more money within days.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the responses.... I figured as much. Anyone have any idea on what it's like in the Boston or New England area?