Outpatient ortho/sports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jchen707

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Third year PT student and was thinking ahead to next year and was wondering if anyone could tell me how easy it is to find an ortho/sports PT position as a new grad nowadays? I've heard it's easier to find inpatient jobs especially acute care due to a high turnover rate, but not sure what it's like for ortho PTs or if it's regionalized (more positions in certain regions)? any insight would be great, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I do think it's a bit regionalized, but there does seem to be less open positions than other settings. Anecdotally, my friend has been a company floater between clinics for a couple years hoping for a permanent position. She chose to move on to a different city and had a handful of interviews and multiple offers for significantly more money within days.

Agree with callmecrazy. it is very regionalized. You can find something but you might have to relocate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the responses.... I figured as much. Anyone have any idea on what it's like in the Boston or New England area?

Thanks for the responses.... I figured as much. Anyone have any idea on what it's like in the Boston or New England area?

How'd this ever end up going for you? Any outpatient/sports luck in Boston/NE?

Working in an outpatient facility in Rhode Island