Pa wanting to go back to med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cmarie27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am a Physician assistant and would like to go back to med school. Depending on how everything goes I will be 26 or 27 years old. I was wondering if anyone else in my same position and any advice in getting into med school? Part of me feels a little apprehensive about being a bit older than the average student and already having a lot of debt! Encouragement and advice appreciated! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm actually doing this now. I'm taking the mcat on saturday but if you pm me this week, i'll get back to you after it's done. Short story: I've been a PA for about a year and knew pretty early on that I had made a mistake- it's not easy going back but I know it was the right decision for me and I'm applying this cycle. I'll be happy to be of any help I can be to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's my suggestion as well... Look into some of the other DO schools with PA programs, maybe they have similar options...

Chrissy-- you and I are taking the same MCAT, good luck! Its on 'judgment day' that's a good thing right??? ;)

SBB-
I was just happy it wasn't on Friday the 13th! I'll take anything for good luck at this point. I'm hoping to only take this thing once- it's so nerve wracking that months of studying culminates in a one day exam- but if all those hundreds of thousands of docs can do it, we can do it too :) good luck!

if applying to apap at lecom you only need a 22 so don't sweat too hard.

That's my suggestion as well... Look into some of the other DO schools with PA programs, maybe they have similar options...

Lecom is the only current pa to do bridge. a few more are in the works but none accredited yet.

OP, feel free to ask me. Just so you know I started this journey 6 yr ago and just starting med school this July. It took that long for me to convince myself the opportunity cost, while significant, was less important than professional autonomy (independence, to be truthful) and personal satisfaction.
Don't get too used to making money!
;)
Lisa

OP, I'm available for question as well. Chrissy GL on the MCAT this week. Primadonna, all the best.