Pacific application put on-hold/re-review Jan.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwerty86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who is in the same situation as I am with pacific dental. My status says re-review in Jan.....

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. I have pretty much lost hope for UOP... Word on the street is they have filled almost every seat and issued out their last batch of interviews already....:(

Yeah I've heard that they just keep pushing people back... first mine was re-review november and now re-review January. Re-Review = Rejected.

Yeah I've heard that they just keep pushing people back... first mine was re-review november and now re-review January. Re-Review = Rejected.

Wasnt expecting much from pacific..its hard school to get in..but yeah that sucks..

Don't lose your hope. I just received an interview invitation today. I called the school and scheduled my interview..and she told me that she's calling a number of candidates today.

Don't lose your hope. I just received an interview invitation today. I called the school and scheduled my interview..and she told me that she's calling a number of candidates today.

What are your stats?

same for me, I called this morning and they wouldn't tell me anything about my application. I think I annoyed them because I kept asking what was the hold up and why haven't I gotten an interview yet...

bitterness is how i feel towards UOP and all those other schools that like to take their sweet time. they take our hard earned app. fee money and make us wait the whole process, and then repay us with a fat rejection (or at least that's what i think it'll be haha) blah!

bitterness is how i feel towards UOP and all those other schools that like to take their sweet time. they take our hard earned app. fee money and make us wait the whole process, and then repay us with a fat rejection (or at least that's what i think it'll be haha) blah!

True that, they build your hope by saying re-review..on hold...re-review and then just crush it

Members don't see this ad :)
*jeopardy music playing in the background*:rolleyes:

My status still says, "File is in Review."

Anybody know if this is good, bad, or other?

Thanks,

Brian

I feel like my application was dumped into a black hole.

Well, I got an update, of sorts, today...

My file got updated from "File is in Review," to "Reviewed, No Decision. Re-review in February."

Anyone else receive similar non-decision news?

enjoy,

Brian

I got a call today for an interview for the alternate list also. What does that mean?

pretty much what it implies. It implies either that the class is full or they have made offers to fill the class and now need a list of "backups" to fill any spots that may open up by people who drop out or something.

for UoP, it's better than nothing.

When is your interview?
Mine is on Feb 14. Can I see you there guys?

feb 14th also

Mine says re-review end of Feb....pretty much counting this one out

i was browsing old posts about pacific and came across something hilarious:

"I know someone who's a first year at UOP. He was looking at the wall of alumni/donors and saw that many of the people on the wall had last names that were the same as people in his class."

"a large # of their spots go to alumni's kids and people recommended by well known alumni.

That's the truth. First of all, many spots go to their UOP undergrad "advantaged" (?) program. Some also go to people who were wait-listed in the previous app. cycle that didn't get in. Then, many go to people with connections. So you see, not that many spots left to begin with!!"

does anyone know how many alternate position interviews they are giving out?

i was browsing old posts about pacific and came across something hilarious:

"I know someone who's a first year at UOP. He was looking at the wall of alumni/donors and saw that many of the people on the wall had last names that were the same as people in his class."

"a large # of their spots go to alumni's kids and people recommended by well known alumni.

That's the truth. First of all, many spots go to their UOP undergrad "advantaged" (?) program. Some also go to people who were wait-listed in the previous app. cycle that didn't get in. Then, many go to people with connections. So you see, not that many spots left to begin with!!"

Anger about this fact always clouds reality. There is definitely nepotism at Pacific, but the overuse of this excuse to explain why people don't get into our school is sad.

I'm not connected in any way to the school. My parents don't donate, neither are dentists, there are no dentists in my family, no one in my family ever attended Pacific and I attended San Diego State. I've been to the donors wall, I've pointed out the names to other people in my class and had a good laugh about it, but the truth is...if you look at the donor wall (and I'm in the first year class too) there are about 6 last names that match to first year students. There are also about 6 that match to 2nd and 3rd year students that I know. Of course, that's not all of the students who have family connections to Pacific. You can triple or quadruple that number to get a better estimate...so let's say 25 people in my class (which is probably a slight overestimation) with a direct family connection.

Next, the Pacific Undergrad people...probably between 15-20 in our class from Pacific Undergrad, but don't forget...they didn't get to just walk into the Pacific Undergrad program...so as advantaged as it may be, they've had to struggle with this goal-oriented dentistry objective ever since they were quite young and test into the program and then prove competence throughout their academic career. Advantaged...sure, but not exactly the drinking filled, party that I got to call college.

So add that all together and you get about 40-50 spots taken up by pacific undergrad and various alumni-connected people. That leaves 93 open spots for a whole gambit of people...larger than the class sizes at most dental schools around the country.

So Pacific is hard to get into. So a big section of spots are nepotistic, but if you want to whine about 93 open spots and how unfair Pacific is, you might try talking to the people in row 12 of sim lab (10 of 13 had no connection to the school) or the people in row 11 of sim lab (9 of 11 had no connection to the school) Other rows will vary, some more and some less, but the truth is you don't need connections to get into our school, over 2/3 of our class is proof of it. AND you might not get in if you have amazing stats and extracurriculars, sometimes it is just a luck of the draw...just stop whining so much, the world isn't fair, adcoms aren't perfect, get over it.

hey. i got a call from uop today and they gave me two dates; feb 21st and feb 25th. she said shes not sure of how many alternative spots they are going to have. i got some acceptances already, do you guys think i should still go?

UoP Rejection Letters have been sent out...

Well..well..well...
today I called the office and she told me they are going to send last interview next week. 200 people are competing for 15 spots for the last interview. (I could get an interview but still slim chance) I asked her what went wrong since I applied early and she frankly told me my application was great except my pat score. (24/23/17 drastice change..damn:rolleyes:) They want the student who is well rounded and I guess my pat hold me from well-rounded. They look for good science/perception/reading section score. I had 24/17/24. Those 17 killed my chance haha.
Anyway, I got in to other d-school's so it really does not matter.
She even said she is not surprised that I got into other d-schools. I guess uop is not for me haha! ByeBye~uop!

That is so BS!!! Perceptual ability is not that strong enough?
Ok well what test did they give on DAT to check if you have fine motor skills?
I say which is way more important. You could have 25 on PAT but suck at handling instruments and perform delicate procedures.

I called again, I am now on "final review and it will be another 4-5 weeks to hear back" and they won't tell me why my application is not what they're looking for.

Well..well..well...
today I called the office and she told me they are going to send last interview next week. 200 people are competing for 15 spots for the last interview. (I could get an interview but still slim chance) I asked her what went wrong since I applied early and she frankly told me my application was great except my pat score. (24/23/17 drastice change..damn:rolleyes:) They want the student who is well rounded and I guess my pat hold me from well-rounded. They look for good science/perception/reading section score. I had 24/17/24. Those 17 killed my chance haha.
Anyway, I got in to other d-school's so it really does not matter.
She even said she is not surprised that I got into other d-schools. I guess uop is not for me haha! ByeBye~uop!
200 people competing for 15 spots? that's insane..I thought UOP doesn't interview many people..I guess I was wrong.

I went there to interview for alternate spot.
There were less than 10 people at that day.
I heard 15 spots, but 200 people...~~~OMG:eek:

been on "re-review in January" for several months, and just got my rejection letter today. i hate it how they make you wait till this point to let you know. OH WELL! i had a feeling it was going to be a rejection anyways, since they took so long.

if it makes anyone here feel better, I probably won't be taking my alternate spot.

oh well, it was fun and worth the trip :)

anyone know if you take the DAT more than once, whether they count the highest of each section, the higher in general, or the later scores for UoP??