Pacific dugoni , UCLA, UCSF, USC updates and app. status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tontochico

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey people I think it will be nice if we can all post here regarding the updates related to the above mentioned schools which more or less have similar schedules, dedlines etc for their programs.

Has anyone received any update from Mr. W Chang from pacific dugoni on 1st june as he had said he will be doing the same for people with application incomplete status?

Any appication complete mail from UCLA? USC AND UCSF?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey people I think it will be nice if we can all post here regarding the updates related to the above mentioned schools which more or less have similar schedules, dedlines etc for their programs.

Has anyone received any update from Mr. W Chang from pacific dugoni on 1st june as he had said he will be doing the same for people with application incomplete status?

In the past, UCSF did not send out a generic application complete mail like UOP.
you will have to call / mail Mary Pham at the admissions office to confirm that your app is complete.

warren chang called me yesterday and checked my documents and confirmed the completion of my application. But he wil send me the official email of completion on friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys.. any one done with WES evaluation for USC

Hi,
I got an e-mail confirming the completion of my application from Mr W. Chang.
UCLA confirmed it as well.

I got an email on friday from Mr Chang confirming the completion of my application.

UCLA also sent an application complete email.

UCSF replied to my email saying that they havent received my TOEFL & National Board scores:confused: Although I had orderd them together for UCLA & UCSF:(

Hi !!
Do u know guys if I have to send a copy of ECE to UCSF along the supplemental materials ??

Thanks

Hi !!
Do u know guys if I have to send a copy of ECE to UCSF along the supplemental materials ??

Thanks

Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) Transcript EvaluationSubmit original official

1 ECE course-by-course evaluation. Dental school transcript must have a GPA of 2.00

or higher in order to be considered for admission. To ensure uniformity of evaluation, the ECE is the only

credentialed evaluation report accepted. See IDP website for ECE website address.

Original Official Document

a document sent directly from the source (dental school, ADA, ECE, NBDE, TOEFL) to UCSF School of Dentistry - OR -

a document provided to you by the source in a sealed envelope

This is from the UCSF Checklist

Plz can somebody tell whether we have to send WES Report only to USC or ECE report will do?
The website doesnt even show an email id, where we can confirm this..

One of my friends who got accepted at USC last year had never send them her WES. And they accepted her application and she got in!! I didn't send them a WES report because I don't have it and they haven't contacted me yet wether my application is complete or incomplete. I am still waiting :(

One of my friends who got accepted at USC last year had never send them her WES. And they accepted her application and she got in!! I didn't send them a WES report because I don't have it and they haven't contacted me yet wether my application is complete or incomplete. I am still waiting :(

Your friend got in because last year they required ECE. This year the requirements have changed. They want WES only.

Members don't see this ad :)
She told me that last year they required WES as well and they asked her after acceptance to send them her WES report and she said that she doesn't have it. They said OK bring us your transcripts and we will take care of it!!!!

My advice, like I've told many others before... is DO NOT GO BY WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY! Seriously, it may hinder your chances of getting in. Just call the school and talk to them. You have a month till the deadline and everything including gettting WES completed can be done. Call today, they are more than willing to help.

As for your friend, last year was def. ECE not WES. I know this because the school themselves said it when I couldn't believe it.

From now on: CONFIRM, CONFIRM, CONFIRM!

Thanks a lot dentovis for the advice. I appreciate it and I understand what u r saying!
I will go ahead and call USC right now :)

Pls , can someone tell me what documents are we really required to submit to WES , the website is little confusing to me .

Are we required to submit transcripts or marksheets ? Do they need other certificates too . Pls , can someone post the documents list here .

Really appreciate your help guys .

Looking forward to replies.

Thankyou in advance

can anybody please tell how many days ucsf takes to reply your email confirmation after recieving your application,like - whether packet is complete or not

WES needs all marksheets failed and passed of ur degree and degree certificate photocopies in sealed envelope from ur home university, thats what i sent few months back when i got it done

can anybody please tell how many days ucsf takes to reply your email confirmation after recieving your application,like - whether packet is complete or not

It takes 2-4 weeks depending on the number of applicants

Thankyou so much adks19 , do they also need internship completion certificate .......

Hi BTO ,
did u call the USC , I called them few days back and they said it's ok if I send them ECE right now and WES latter. Pls , lemme know what they told u ?

Everything is really confusing .....

Looking to your reply ....

Thankyou

Hi BTO ,
did u call the USC , I called them few days back and they said it's ok if I send them ECE right now and WES latter. Pls , lemme know what they told u ?

Everything is really confusing .....

Looking to your reply ....

Thankyou

You can obviously send the ECE report, but WES later would mean before the deadline. They won't look at your application unless things are completed according to their requirement.

Yes I called and no body answered! I left a msg and still waiting for them to call me back ( I think they will never do ) so I will call them again tomorrow.

You can obviously send the ECE report, but WES later would mean before the deadline. They won't look at your application unless things are completed according to their requirement.

Yes , I guess that makes sense . I guess getting WES done somehow is the only option than :(

Thankyou dentovis :)

Yes I called and no body answered! I left a msg and still waiting for them to call me back ( I think they will never do ) so I will call them again tomorrow.

Pls , can you share the info when you get in touch with them ?

Thankyou :)

hey cutedoc
i don;t think WES need internship cft but just don't delay for this query. send that too as extra so what a big deal , but yes they want all ur cft photocopies in sealed envelope from ur home university signed by registrar.

I will be sending my ucla appli around 20july, 10days before deadline.....will it be reviewed or its late as mostly univ like UIC even started sending IV before deadline?

hey cutedoc
i don;t think WES need internship cft but just don't delay for this query. send that too as extra so what a big deal , but yes they want all ur cft photocopies in sealed envelope from ur home university signed by registrar.

Thankyou adks19:)

anyone got confirmation about their application from USC?

not yet..they are the worst college in terms of replying to admission queries. Has anyone got any kind of confirmation as to whether the wes report has actually reached them? They keep saying they will let us know later...what if they do that just a few days before the deadline!

In the past, UCSF did not send out a generic application complete mail like UOP.
you will have to call / mail Mary Pham at the admissions office to confirm that your app is complete.
hello, i see you in ucsf. I wanted to ask you if you know how to order toefl score report for ucsf. Mary pham told me do not use the code because she doesnt get the scores. She wants me to write the complete address on toefl website so that scores can be delivered to her. when i called toefl they saying that its only possible if you provide us with institution code.
deadline is approaching and i dont know how to order score report to ucsf. please help!

Just order it to your address and send it yourself to UCSF, don't waste more time.

I called them and they said that they haven't started processing the application yet!! They said, once they start they will email the applicants regarding the status of their applications!!!

hello, i see you in ucsf. I wanted to ask you if you know how to order toefl score report for ucsf. Mary pham told me do not use the code because she doesnt get the scores. She wants me to write the complete address on toefl website so that scores can be delivered to her. when i called toefl they saying that its only possible if you provide us with institution code.
deadline is approaching and i dont know how to order score report to ucsf. please help!

as someone mentioned, call it home..
The TOEFL goes to the registrar's office or something and thats not the IDP office.
Mary Pham wont have the time to track it or pursue it..Make your and Mary's life easy by clubbing everything u need to send into one application packet and mailing it to her directly.

hey friends, can anyone tell me that i got application complete mail on 16 july is it too late for penn because they strictly follow rolling basis admission. does late applicant like me get the iv? anyone senior or junior students?

Any updates from USC ?... I have called them and been told that it would take more couple of weeks to review the applications and give status...��

Any updates from USC ?... I have called them and been told that it would take more couple of weeks to review the applications and give status...��

i was going to ask the same.. are they sending out application complete emails..or we are suppose to call them to know the application status ?

Hey has any1 got any IV calls from UOP,UCLA, UCSF,Upenn..
i wonder why these people take a lot of time and eat our heads.:confused:

i was going to ask the same.. are they sending out application complete emails..or we are suppose to call them to know the application status ?

send them an email and ask about your app status
thats what i did....and they replied me that my app is complete

send them an email and ask about your app status
thats what i did....and they replied me that my app is complete

Even for USC..?? Did u get app complete email from them, because when I called they told me that they didn't start reviewing yet:(

I send an email to UOP for my application status and this is their reply

Sorry, there is no immediate confirmation (email or phone) at this time due to the busy time of processing well over 600+ applications. We are expecting another record breaking year.

Email confirmation will be sent 3 weeks after the deadline. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Really...... i dnt know what to do. :mad:

I was talking about the UCLA.....i didnt apply in USC
hey canine,

I send my caapid on 5th and i send my rest of material this week. Do you think UCLA will review my application. Uni said that they do but.. one of my friend said once they finish there quota of prospective inteview they do nt care about rest of application. they dnt have time to review them. really i am feeling rite now i shd have nt applied there

Is it a requirement that one should have 75 score in all 4 subjects in part 1 and toefl 100 ( 20 each) to apply for USC? Please reply and how competetive is USC ?
I have 96 in toefl but 20 each.
Thanks.