Pacific dugoni , UCLA, UCSF, USC updates and app. status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yea i got d same email...its atlst som relief from the daily speculation and wait for ne further news...

Members don't see this ad.

I have received an email from UOP Saying the following

I would like to inform you that we are in the final stage of processing all the applications and supplemental documents for the 2013 IDS application cycle. With ADEA providing the IDS Office with the last few electronic deliveries of CAAPID applications on the upcoming Fridays, we will need to continue to sort and compile the mailed documents to process the applications. From now to Monday, August 27, 2012, we kindly ask that you limit your phone calls and emails to the IDS Office unless it is an urgent matter.

On Monday, August 27, 2012, the IDS Office will be sending every PACIFIC IDS applicant an email confirming your FINAL application status (COMPLETE – or – INCOMPLETE) and the receipt information of each supplemental document. Please check your email after 5pm (Pacific Time) on Monday, August 27, 2012.

As a reminder, the IDS Office can no longer accept any documents or updated documents/information after the deadline, Wednesday, August 1, 2012. Exceptions cannot be granted.

On Monday, September 10, 2012, the IDS Office will send you an email with an invitation status (Invitation Offered –or– No Invitation Offered) to the interview and technical examination scheduled for mid October.

Thank you for your understanding and patience during this busy time.

Sincerely,

Warren Chang
IDS Program Coordinator

University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
International Dental Studies Office
2155 Webster Street, #409
San Francisco, CA 94115
Tel – 415-929-6428

ADMISSION TIMELINE

Monday, September 10, 2012 – Invitation Status Notification
The IDS Office will send an email notifying ALL applicants of their invitation status to the interview and technical examination scheduled for mid October.

Mid October 2012 – Interview and Technical Examination
Only invited applicants will receive additional event information with the specific dates via the invitation email.

July 2013 – Matriculation
Accepted students to the IDS 2015 class will start on Friday, July 12, 2013.

That's a good relief, better than waiting everyday for an IV email

I have also received. Mine starts like that:

"As the 2013 application cycle closed on Wednesday, August 1, 2012, we are delighted with your interest in our International Dental Studies (IDS) program at the University of the Pacific (Pacific), Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry.

Over the past 5 weeks, we have received an overwhelming number of CAAPID applications and supplemental documents to a total estimated between 652 to 690 applications. Because of your interest in the 2 year IDS program, we have surpassed last year's record of 579 received applications and established another historical IDS program record."

Have you noticed the number of applicants? That is a lot!!!

I have a question about UOP bench exam, what does the UOP manual have?? and are we supposed to buy it before the bench exam.. I did not get an IV or anything( I am sure someone will ask) I just want to know about it.. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question about UOP bench exam, what does the UOP manual have?? and are we supposed to buy it before the bench exam.. I did not get an IV or anything( I am sure someone will ask) I just want to know about it.. Thank you

Hey dentist86 did you get an interview from UOP? when did you apply? :laugh: just kidding... nope you dont have to buy it before the bench exam..they give enough time to prepare for it .. almost a month so you can do it then

Hey dentist86 did you get an interview from UOP? when did you apply? :laugh: just kidding... nope you dont have to buy it before the bench exam..they give enough time to prepare for it .. almost a month so you can do it then

Looool, I'm just laughing at my self cause I fell for your post at first, it's good to laugh in the middle of that stress.. Thanks Tontochico... But I still don't know what that manual have??

Looool, I'm just laughing at my self cause I fell for your post at first, it's good to laugh in the middle of that stress.. Thanks Tontochico... But I still don't know what that manual have??

yeah even I dont know the exact content of the manual as such ...lets see they will be sending out the mails on 10th sept ..till then :xf:

Well, UOP put a date for sending out IV's, what about UCSF or UCLA?? Does anyone know when they usually start to send IV ?? And when is the timeline for their acceptance ??
Thanks

Well, UOP put a date for sending out IV's, what about UCSF or UCLA?? Does anyone know when they usually start to send IV ?? And when is the timeline for their acceptance ??
Thanks

well. mary pham of UCSF said that mostly in sept they willbe lettin us know..she sent me an email along with my application completion mail. it said-

your applcation is complete and ready for review.
all the best and thanks for applying,hopefully u will hear from me in the month of sept about iv

well. mary pham of UCSF said that mostly in sept they willbe lettin us know..she sent me an email along with my application completion mail. it said-

all the best and thanks for applying,hopefully u will hear from me in the month of sept about iv

yup same mail...most probably UOP, UCSF, USC , UCLA will come out with their iv's n all at the same time...around 10th sept.

hey galinaa...did u ask dem about ur application...or dey send dis mail by demselves to inform every1....i din recv such mail.........yet!!!!!!!

i havent got any email from ucsf too.... do we need to mail to mary pham or she herself sends out application completion mail?

i havent got any email from ucsf too.... do we need to mail to mary pham or she herself sends out application completion mail?
she used to reply earlier....but since fter 1st aug..i mailed twice n got no reply.......

Members don't see this ad :)
she used to reply earlier....but since fter 1st aug..i mailed twice n got no reply.......

well dont worry people. i called her during july n as she was busy she told me to leave a mail only aftr dead line n for that she replied . she is too sweet. so i gues now as the deadline is over u can contact her :thumbup:

i also didnt get application complete email. i called mary pharm she said that she didnt receive my application envelop, it is missing. she dont have anything under my name. anyone can tell me what should i do.:(

i also didnt get application complete email. i called mary pharm she said that she didnt receive my application envelop, it is missing. she dont have anything under my name. anyone can tell me what should i do.:(

well initially wen i kald her, she was busy n said the same for my application as well but later she updated..kal her like 1 or 2 days later... i mailed myn 5 days before the deadline n was shocked as u are now n thought the same but its okie...it must be somewhr in the pile..kal her again n confirm ur status...dont worry:)

i mailed all d documents in 1 envelope...n still my 2 LOR were missing...dunno how dey handle dem....i contacted her on 3rd dis mnth n she said mail dem again....u shud contact her fr d way out....even i din gt ne appli complete mail yet.....

Any updates from USC ??

i mailed all d documents in 1 envelope...n still my 2 LOR were missing...dunno how dey handle dem....i contacted her on 3rd dis mnth n she said mail dem again....u shud contact her fr d way out....even i din gt ne appli complete mail yet.....

Hi everyone dont panic..i hav sent all of my applications to ucsf, ucla, uop just 2 days b4 the deadline...i gav them some time b4 calg them to check my appli status,,,and 1 more thing is i hav mailed them and whoever receives the envelope has to sign it,,this costad me extra 2 bucks ,this is to make sure they received my envelope...and i finally cald and maild to ucsf, ucla to find dat my appli is complete
i cald usc but they said they r very busy...i didnt want to disturb uop coz they hav sent a mail to give them some time for processing,,,il cal them at the end of aug if i dont hear from them....
Mary pham is soo good and guyz dont worry abt ur missing documents,,,,I hope everything goes well

Mary pham is simply too nice.......

Will all the CA schools(UOP, UCLA,UCSF and USC) send out invite at the same time? I know about UOP and UCSF which will be around 10th september. But what about UCLA and USC ? Does anyone have any idea? Pls share.

uop was to send status completion today............................................did any of you guys got it today?

I wonder what will happen on 10th of sep. Everyone will be just looking at their inbox :smuggrin:

:) i came just to check if everyone is in same place as me :D

nd i realy wonder on 10th sept i would burn down my refresh icon in inbox :thumbup:

lol..........going crazy......sept shud bring som pleasing mails..........

5:05 pm.. post here as soon as anyone recvs an e-mail :D

nothing yet, i have refreshed my mailbox lik 5 tyms in the last 8 mins :confused:

WE - a bunch of foreign dentists staring at computer screens for application complete mail. what after this another wait for interview mail. if got it then another wait for accepatance mail.

:cool:

:oops::( :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

WE - a bunch of foreign dentists staring at computer screens for application complete mail. what after this another wait for interview mail. if got it then another wait for accepatance mail.

:cool:

:oops::( :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Lol..yes and it is not much fun really :mad:

eureka eureka eureka !!!!!!!!!!! its there :D

Got it! I love all this excitement just for an application complete email. Let's hope a lot of us are just as excited on September 10th.

Also, did you guys look at the number of applicants this year ( at least) 666. <--- the devil's number.:diebanana:

Last edited:
got it! I love all this excitement just for an application complete email. Let's hope a lot of us are just as excited on september 10th.

Also, did you guys look at the number of applicants this year ( at least) 666. <--- the devil's number.:diebanana:

got it too :)

Got it! I love all this excitement just for an application complete email. Let's hope a lot of us are just as excited on September 10th.

yes that was quite a thing to be noticed :laugh: