Pacific University, Forest Grove OR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah don't even trip. A buddy of mine went to the 3rd interview session (out of 4) and got a call from Lonnie saying that he got in 3 days after his interview. I hate him to this day for taking my spot. :p

Haha, that's a relief! I will just get myself ready for the interview. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Got an interview with PU Nov. 8! I am soooo happy. This is far and away my No. 1 school preference.

Now, to find a business suit and get a haircut ...

Woo hoo!

Got an interview with PU Nov. 8! I am soooo happy. This is far and away my No. 1 school preference.

Now, to find a business suit and get a haircut ...

Woo hoo!

Wow, congratulations!! When did you submit your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, Everyone,

Today, I received an invitation for the November 8th interview session via email. I was pretty excited...then i realized that im only half way there and the competition on the second half of the process will be fierce. So, now the excitement has turned into anxiety!..ha, but its okay. i hope ill be ready.

Anyway, In the email, Lonnie lists recommended hotels...maybe other sdn'ers could book our rooms in the same hotel. I think this will relax us a bit before the big day.

Im leaning towards towneplace suites by marriott. 89.00 for one night
and they have a shuttle available from 7am to 5pm.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

**i applied weeks before the priority deadline
** if youre interested in my stats, PM me...

Got an invite for 11/8 as well. Not sure how I feel about having to travel up the west coast for 3 weeks in a row... :eek:

I got an interview today too! I'm so happy!

I feel bad for you Seth, you're gonna have to see my ugly face at least one more time :), hopefully not in the bathroom this time :D

Good luck to everyone! I hope you guys hear something soon.

I too received the long awaited email!

The 8th of November will be here before we know it. It is great to have the first interview date but on the flip-side that can potentially mean a long wait to find out acceptances etc..

If I feel confident leaving the interview then that wait will not be as bad but oh man, if I feel like I bomb it then it will be the longest period of my life! :)

Again, GOOD LUCK ALL!

hi today I got email for Pacific saying that I got interview invitation for november 8th. I was so happy.

I looked thru the interview day schedule and found "expository writing sample". does anyone know what that is?
:)

GPA:3.46
last 45 GPA 3.8

do you guyz know which airport is the best to come to if we are flying? And if anyone wants to share a room (w/ a girl) there, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Google map: click here
Looks like the Portland-Hillsboro Airport is closest.

Hi all, I am a new member here and just have a quick question. Do you know how hard to get in to Pacific school if you are not a resident there? I look at the pharmCAS statistics and i am kind of freak out since they often accepted only 5%. I have a 3.8 in prereq and 3.5 overall. I will get a bachelor degree this summer. So what is my chance to get accept to the school?

I got an interview today too! I'm so happy!

I feel bad for you Seth, you're gonna have to see my ugly face at least one more time :), hopefully not in the bathroom this time :D

Good luck to everyone! I hope you guys hear something soon.

Congrats man - Now its time to work hard and be ready for that interview...

Congrats to everyone who got an invite email... I am rushing out the door - but I will post up some good info when I get back...

~Above~

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I got an interview on the 8th as well, comming up soon. Just wondering if anyone wants to share a room and if anyone is flying out saturday night do you want to split a cab or shuttle from the school to the portland airport?

Do you know how hard to get in to Pacific school if you are not a resident there? I look at the pharmCAS statistics and i am kind of freak out since they often accepted only 5%.
I'm not sure where you're looking, but Pacific University does not participate in PharmCAS. According to the PSAR, Pacific University has 49% out-of-state students in the class entering 2007. You are probably thinking of University of the Pacific (in California) which has 8% out-of-state students in the same year.

I am interested in staying at the same hotel as you guys. Do you know if it's possible to make it to the airport on time after the interview at around 3-4? :)
Anyone flying from southern cali?

Hey guys - I am sure you are all very excited to be coming out here for the interview...

Just some recommendations:

Fly to Portland international (PDX) - you will get the very best rates and the most flexible arrivals.

Use the MAX light rail to get to Hillsboro / Pacific's Health Professions Campus - The MAX leaves directly from PDX and drops you off at Pacific... the max station is RIGHT ACROSS a small street from Pacific.

Use www.trimet.org to plan your trip using the MAX light rail (its very easy to do) - Please note that the train does NOT run 24 hrs to Hillsboro - factor that in when you plan your arrival and departure

There is an Econolodge on SE 10th st that I stayed at for my interview day - it is an easy 5 block walk to the campus (and the MAX station). I actually live 3 blocks south of the school and a couple blocks west of the hotel - I am not really plugging for them - but I didn't want to hassle with rental cars or anything like that.

For me:
I flew in to PDX thursday night and took the MAX out to hillsboro. I stayed at the Hillsboro Inn (now the Econolodge and much nicer) that night. The next day (friday) I prepared all day for the interview, made sure my suit was still pressed (which it wasn't) and generally just chilled. Saturday was the big interview day - It was a very relaxed day, learning more about the program and the people involved - the interview lasted 30 minutes - We got done around 3. I had already checked out that morning, so I went straight to the MAX station, hopped on board - and flew out of PDX at 8:30 that night.

If anyone has any questions... please do not hesitate to post up...

~above~

Last edited:
What was the interview like? Was it a relaxed atmosphere or intense with many pharmacy related questions??? Do they try to grill you.

Last year there were 550 applicants, anybody guessing how many there will be this year? Any chance it went down? Haha I wish

Thanks for the info above! Will definitely be useful. :)

For those interested, it looks like about 60 people were invited to the first interview. Good luck everyone! :thumbup:

hi I met someone from Pacific university oregon at UCSD last week. he said there are more applicants this year than last year. and they are going to use pharmcas from next year so it will be very competitive next year.
but I am guessing people who are invited to the first interview have better chance to get in.. I really hope so.
good luck everyone and see you guys there

Hi Pac U fans!!!:love:

I just wanted to share to Pac U lovers that I got an interview invitation last week too! I'm also from socal. Can't wait to see everyone there. Remember to just be yourself. I haven't book my airflight yet, but so far the cheapest price I've found was $258. Thanks aboveliquidice for the tips in transportation! I was a little confuse in where I'll be staying, but now I feel like I'm in the same boat with everyone else. Hopefully, the sun will be shining brightly on Nov 8. Congrats to everyone! I'll see you there! :luck:

Does anyone know the time period that Pacific University School of Pharmacy host there intereviews?:confused: I am curious because I have not submitted mine just yet. I am waiting on recommendations. Good luck to everyone with interviews.

Does anyone know the time period that Pacific University School of Pharmacy host there intereviews?:confused: I am curious because I have not submitted mine just yet. I am waiting on recommendations. Good luck to everyone with interviews.

There is one in November and the next one is in January followed by two in February for a total of 4 interview sessions. Hope that helps!

Just keeping the thread of alive

Also a little good luck (I remember old ladies placing the treasure trolls on their table at bingo night and hitting the jackpot, let's give it a try!)

LOL

troll3u.JPG

About 50-60 people/time
30 minutes oral
20 minutes essay

They have 3 different questions for you to choose to write your essay. Some questions do not relate to pharmacy. I think they want to see your writing skills. I'm not sure about this year. I'll post the questions they asked sometime next month.

Anybody get an invite to interview at Pacific so far that did NOT make the priority deadline?

I can't seem to find any posts on Pacific U interview feedback, even though I have seen posts from last year that refer to it. Is it just me? Are my searching skills that pathetic? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

THere aare 2 "University of the Pacific, Thomas J. Long" (or something like that) links. Pacific U feedback is the second one.

this is the link...

http://more.studentdoctor.net/interviewlist.php?school=282

goodluck.

I can't seem to find any posts on Pacific U interview feedback, even though I have seen posts from last year that refer to it. Is it just me? Are my searching skills that pathetic? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Good luck to everyone who got an interview. I will most likely be helping out with interviews since I am apart of the Ambassador's Club also.

Hi, does anyone know what the cost of living is in hillsboro, or? Thanks

hi I met someone from Pacific university oregon at UCSD last week. he said there are more applicants this year than last year. and they are going to use pharmcas from next year so it will be very competitive next year.
but I am guessing people who are invited to the first interview have better chance to get in.. I really hope so.
good luck everyone and see you guys there

pharmcas??? noooo....

Good luck to everyone who got an interview. I will most likely be helping out with interviews since I am apart of the Ambassador's Club also.

Hey Eddie,

I was curious where a guy can park this Saturday for the interview? I snagged a spot during the open house but I know there isn't going to be any parking this Saturday because of the number of people attending. Do you know of anywhere close by a person could park and walk or a MAX station close by?

Thanks!

Has anyone heard anything from Pacific for anybody who did not apply for early admissions?

I was curious where a guy can park this Saturday for the interview?
I just got an email about the interview from Lonnie today with details on parking areas.

On another note, anyone else worried about the 15 minute writing sample? :eek: And don't forget to bring your own pen!

hi guys im neww here ... but im excited to see all you guys nov 8th at the interview:))

im nervous about the whole thing!!

I just got an email about the interview from Lonnie today with details on parking areas.

On another note, anyone else worried about the 15 minute writing sample? :eek: And don't forget to bring your own pen!

hi I am going to fly on friday morning. I am wondering if anyone wants to meet up for an hour to talk on friday night.. talking to each other would be a great way to practice for the interview, and we can get to know each other too.
my email is [email protected]
see you guys there

it looks like its going to rain on friday and saturday.

prepare accordingly!

hi I am going to fly on friday morning. I am wondering if anyone wants to meet up for an hour to talk on friday night.. talking to each other would be a great way to practice for the interview, and we can get to know each other too.
my email is [email protected]
see you guys there

hey eddie,

i was curious where a guy can park this saturday for the interview? I snagged a spot during the open house but i know there isn't going to be any parking this saturday because of the number of people attending. Do you know of anywhere close by a person could park and walk or a max station close by?

Thanks!

if you take the max you will get off right infront of school

nerves are slightly setting in...but I will be up really early saturday so as fatigue sets in throughout the day the ole' adrenal glands will chill out and I won't be fight-or-flight the whole interview LOL

g'night

if you take the max you will get off right infront of school

Thanks..I noticed that from the open house but i think I may chance driving and parking :)

I would rather not ride the max the whole way in my suit and I don't want to drag a garment bag with me to change.

Although...I noticed a few park and rides near there so I may utilize that and ride the max the short distance (much better than riding it from Portland).

Do you happen to know of a park and ride near campus?

For you guys who have had an interview already, how long is the writing sample?