This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scsd6

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanting to start a thread on Pacific University's (Oregon) waitlist status. Post where you are on the waitlist, if you are declining an acceptance, etc.

I am currently in Tier 2.

Members don't see this ad.

Wanting to start a thread on Pacific University's (Oregon) waitlist status. Post where you are on the waitlist, if you are declining an acceptance, etc.

I am currently in Tier 2.

Hey I am also on the tier 2 waitlist. Is this your first choice of school?

Hey I am also on the tier 2 waitlist. Is this your first choice of school?
Yes it is! I have family in Hillsboro. Is it yours? I'm assuming we should hear more about our status after the Valentine's Day deposit deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it is! I have family in Hillsboro. Is it yours? I'm assuming we should hear more about our status after the Valentine's Day deposit deadline.
I'm from Texas, and was looking to get out of the state. I don't really have a first choice school but I really enjoyed the campus after the interview. I am on a waitlist at a school in Texas, and got accepted at a school in Utah. If price weren't an option Pacific would be my first choice but the school in Texas is public so it would save me some debt lol.

Hey guys! I have an interview March 10th. Are they already sending out acceptances, etc.?

Hello everyone. I had my interview on January 20th.. I am currently #3 on the waitlist so I have high hopes of getting in. The email did not specify a tier. Were you given a number or just that you were in tier 2?
Pacific was/is my first choice so I plan on accepting their invite.

Hello everyone. I had my interview on January 20th.. I am currently #3 on the waitlist so I have high hopes of getting in. The email did not specify a tier. Were you given a number or just that you were in tier 2?

I believe that if you do not have a tier stated in your email, then you're the "true" #3. I'm pretty sure you'll be getting an acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user
I think so too. I’m hoping that 3 people will decline their acceptance soon. I’ll keep you guys posted if and when that happens.
Also, what deposit were the previous comments referring to (with a Feb. 14th deadline)? I thought that you don’t have to pay a deposit until you receive a legitimate acceptance?

Hey guys! I have an interview March 10th. Are they already sending out acceptances, etc.?
Yes, they have already sent out acceptance emails to people that had the Jan. 20th and Jan. 27th interview dates.

I think so too. I’m hoping that 3 people will decline their acceptance soon. I’ll keep you guys posted if and when that happens.
Also, what deposit were the previous comments referring to (with a Feb. 14th deadline)? I thought that you don’t have to pay a deposit until you receive a legitimate acceptance?
I have a friend who was accepted and in their email it specified that they had until February 14th to submit their deposit before forfeiting their spot (they did not accept the position). I am curious to know why Pacific has not sent out the next round of acceptances yet if they are to be offered sequentially. Hopefully we will all hear something soon!

Interview March 10th for Pacific DPT in Oregon??? I thought that there were only interviews on January 20th and 27th? When did you get an email?

Interview March 10th for Pacific DPT in Oregon??? I thought that there were only interviews on January 20th and 27th? When did you get an email?
I got confused! Sorry! I’m applying for occupational therapy! I misread and got worried! Lol sorry about that!

Reactions: 1 users
Any update? Got an email yesterday saying new admissions counselor and that they haven't seen any movement on the waitlist. Wondering if this just pertains to me still being in Tier 2 or everyone?

I got the same email and think I'm in Tier 1, as I received a number that's under 10 in the email.

I am in Tier 1. I got an email from Jon-Erik Larsen yesterday and he said there will be an update sent out in May.

Any update? Got an email yesterday saying new admissions counselor and that they haven't seen any movement on the waitlist. Wondering if this just pertains to me still being in Tier 2 or everyone?
Hi ,
I am in Tier 2
Did you hear anything?