Pacific University, Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello Everyone! Congrats to all of you who got accepted into PU. My bestfriend is currently applying for the pharmacy program at Pacific University for the next cycle - 2013. I thought some of you may know an answer to my question.

So the application states that anatomy and physiology w/labs - 8 semester credits.

However, he's going to take it at a community college this summer, combined courses in anat&physio which equals only to 4 credits...which means he'll be short 4 credits.

Any advice on what he should do if that route doesn't work?

Has anyone had any problems with transferring anatomy and physiology credits?

Somewhere on the forum i thought i read about someone being concerned about transferring credits over....i could be wrong.

Please help! Thanks in advance! :)

Normally if you take combined A&P courses, you'd do a year long series. 2 semesters, which accounts for the 8 credits.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone! Congrats to all of you who got accepted into PU. My bestfriend is currently applying for the pharmacy program at Pacific University for the next cycle - 2013. I thought some of you may know an answer to my question.

So the application states that anatomy and physiology w/labs - 8 semester credits.

However, he's going to take it at a community college this summer, combined courses in anat&physio which equals only to 4 credits...which means he'll be short 4 credits.

Any advice on what he should do if that route doesn't work?

Has anyone had any problems with transferring anatomy and physiology credits?

Somewhere on the forum i thought i read about someone being concerned about transferring credits over....i could be wrong.

Please help! Thanks in advance! :)

I would double check the sequence being offered at the community college and how many credits it is worth. Also is the school semester or quarter system? I know community colleges are often quarter system and the ones in my area are worth 6 quarter credits for the combined A&P courses, so after 2 quarters at 6 credits (or 2 semesters at 4 credits) you have met the requirements. I took A&P at a community college and am currently on the waitlist Tier 3 so it should be fine. If in doubt you should contact Kieran, she is great about answering questions.

I would double check the sequence being offered at the community college and how many credits it is worth. Also is the school semester or quarter system? I know community colleges are often quarter system and the ones in my area are worth 6 quarter credits for the combined A&P courses, so after 2 quarters at 6 credits (or 2 semesters at 4 credits) you have met the requirements. I took A&P at a community college and am currently on the waitlist Tier 3 so it should be fine. If in doubt you should contact Kieran, she is great about answering questions.

Thanks SjCollins. The school is located in California and this community college goes by semester credits. So he's planning on taking it this summer A&P and it's only 4 units. It'd be great if you or anyone could explain to me a little bit about Tiers? How does that work? So Tier 1 would have a higher chance of getting accepted?

I will pass this information onto him and have him e-mail Kieran. Best of luck to ya SJCollins!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks SjCollins. The school is located in California and this community college goes by semester credits. So he's planning on taking it this summer A&P and it's only 4 units. It'd be great if you or anyone could explain to me a little bit about Tiers? How does that work? So Tier 1 would have a higher chance of getting accepted?

I will pass this information onto him and have him e-mail Kieran. Best of luck to ya SJCollins!

The tiers of the waitlist are given out after they have sent out initial invitations and filled all the available seats. There are 3 tiers of the waitlist, and yes, the first tier has the best chance of being accepted, tier 3 the lowest chance of being accepted off the waitlist, however this year they have gone through all of tier 1 and tier 2, so there are some of us on tier 3 hoping to get in. As far as his A&P class being only 4 semester units, he will need to take a second semester to fulfill his requirements. Sorry it took me a couple days to respond!

Yes Im waitlisted at Western and accepted at Northstate but Im very doubtful about Northstate. I really would rather go here! Especially if there are only tier 3 students left on the waitlist

OMG is Northstate not a good school? I think I missed the deadline or something so I never applied there.

Hey Everyone! My name's Travis...I just finished my P1 year here at Pacific and I figured I would just post on here to see if people have any questions or need any help as they prepare for their first year here!

Also, My house currently has a room open. Right now there are 3 guys including me (2 pharmacy students and my little brother) looking for one more guy. We live a little closer to Portland in a pretty nice neighborhood and close to the freeway (not much to do in Hillsboro so it is really a good location). It is about a 25 min drive to school and about 10 min drive to downtown Portland...also the MAX lightrail is within walking distance. Just shoot me an email if you're interested or want more details, rent is $375 plus utilities: [email protected]

Hey Everyone! My name's Travis...I just finished my P1 year here at Pacific and I figured I would just post on here to see if people have any questions or need any help as they prepare for their first year here!

Also, My house currently has a room open. Right now there are 3 guys including me (2 pharmacy students and my little brother) looking for one more guy. We live a little closer to Portland in a pretty nice neighborhood and close to the freeway (not much to do in Hillsboro so it is really a good location). It is about a 25 min drive to school and about 10 min drive to downtown Portland...also the MAX lightrail is within walking distance. Just shoot me an email if you're interested or want more details, rent is $375 plus utilities: [email protected]

Hi Travis, I am incoming pharmacy P1 student.. I just had a question about orientation: the orientation starts on a Tuesday August 6th, and the schedule says orientation is everyday until Thursday; are all three days mandatory, or do I need to go just to one of them?

Every day of orientation is mandatory. They do a lot introductory stuff to the school and it's a good idea to be there anyway. Also, you start meeting your classmates and making those connections from day one.

Just got accepted off the tier 3 waitlist yesterday! I am kind of nervous since there is only about a week before school starts! Can anyone tell me how long it takes to complete the certiphi portion that is required through pharmcas? Also what vaccinations did you guys have to get?

Just got accepted off the tier 3 waitlist yesterday! I am kind of nervous since there is only about a week before school starts! Can anyone tell me how long it takes to complete the certiphi portion that is required through pharmcas? Also what vaccinations did you guys have to get?

would you mind sharing your stats?

thx

Hi, guys. i already finished my PharmCas application for 2013, but i do not start my supplementary application which is submitted direct to pharmacy schools.
so , should i wait for until the PharmCas emails my application to designated schools or can i start my supplementary application process direct to schools?
i

Let me guess, this "best friend" is actually you right? haha. Good luck with everything

Wrong. I didn't find anything funny about my question. I'm an audiology student and helping out a best friend. Just because i'm a new member on the SDN with very few posts, doesn't mean i'm an undercover. ;)

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me this:

"The program consists of a modified block system and the blocks are administered on a Pass/No Pass basis. Pass is based on a 90% competency"

I found that while finishing my supplemental.

AVOID pacific university's PharmD program. I could not get a clear answer on any of my questions- it is in complete chaos. There is no campus there either! Picking Western- so glad i did :)

Bumping this thread. Anyone who is currently in Pacific's PharmD program or was previously enrolled please fill me in on how good the school is? How is the education there is all i'm curious in?