You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pacific University, Oregon
Started by HelloPanda22
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck to all on the waitlist.. I was accepted off tier one in the waitlist but decided to accept OSU's offer and decline pacific..
Thanks for giving us a better chance! Good luck with OSU.
Has anyone received any info about fin aid- like how much they are supposed to get or anything? I filled mine out awhile ago but pacific hasnt sent me anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to those on the waitlist, I just gave up my seat. I hope my seat will bring a smile to someone soon.
.
Last edited:
I hope that smile will be mine!🙂
So why arent you going to hawaii?
Because Pacific is the only school I applied to. I'd like to go for vacation thoughSo why arent you going to hawaii?
Wahoo got an email saying they are going to start reviewing tier 2! The tier I'm in hehehehe made my bad day better
Whoa, that was fast. I didn't expect them to start with tier 2 until the end of May. Do you know how many people are still waiting in tier 2?
they did mention something like there are about 30-35 in each tier... so to get through about 30 students in tier 1 this quick is pretty surprising for meWhoa, that was fast. I didn't expect them to start with tier 2 until the end of May. Do you know how many people are still waiting in tier 2?
This was part of the email:
The School of Pharmacy admissions committee has extended offers to all those in Tier 1 of the waitlist. As seats open up, we will now start extending offers to those in Tier 2 of the waitlist! We have progressed through the waitlist more quickly than previous years. This means there is a strong possibility that we will accept students from Tier 3 of the waitlist by the time the program starts in August.
they did mention something like there are about 30-35 in each tier... so to get through about 30 students in tier 1 this quick is pretty surprising for me.
Hmm. The previous email said there were only 75 people on the waitlist total. I was assuming there'd be around 20 +/- 5 on tier 2. Well let's just cross our fingers then.
they did mention something like there are about 30-35 in each tier... so to get through about 30 students in tier 1 this quick is pretty surprising for me
This was part of the email:
The School of Pharmacy admissions committee has extended offers to all those in Tier 1 of the waitlist. As seats open up, we will now start extending offers to those in Tier 2 of the waitlist! We have progressed through the waitlist more quickly than previous years. This means there is a strong possibility that we will accept students from Tier 3 of the waitlist by the time the program starts in August.
OMG! I'm on tier 2 as well, how come I never got these e-mails? 🙁
I hope they are still considering me...
OMG! I'm on tier 2 as well, how come I never got these e-mails? 🙁
I hope they are still considering me...
Did you send an email to accept your position on the waitlist?
This news has sent me into turmoil. Again. I'm on tier 3 and was all happy and settled planning to go somewhere else next year, and now they are saying there is a real possibility I could get in. I'd have to take Speech just to keep myself on the waitlist. Is it worth it? Take a class just for this school when I still might not be offered a seat? Or just go forward with the school I have been planning on?
Did you send an email to accept your position on the waitlist?
This news has sent me into turmoil. Again. I'm on tier 3 and was all happy and settled planning to go somewhere else next year, and now they are saying there is a real possibility I could get in. I'd have to take Speech just to keep myself on the waitlist. Is it worth it? Take a class just for this school when I still might not be offered a seat? Or just go forward with the school I have been planning on?
Thanks a million! Now I found out what the problem is 😛
Usually speech classes aren't so hard. I guess it depends on how much you like the school you are going compared to Pacific. List out all the pros and cons. If you are really happy with the school you are going then I would just relax and enjoy your time before the school starts. If you really like Pacific, why not take an easy class just to keep your opportunitie open?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This news has sent me into turmoil. Again. I'm on tier 3 and was all happy and settled planning to go somewhere else next year, and now they are saying there is a real possibility I could get in. I'd have to take Speech just to keep myself on the waitlist. Is it worth it? Take a class just for this school when I still might not be offered a seat? Or just go forward with the school I have been planning on?
Can you complete that class before July 18th, 2012? They are very strict on candidates meeting the pre-requisites.
Anyone get accept from tier 2 yet?
I called and asked already. she said they have a couple of more days until they get the answers from accepted students and then after that they will review tier 2... if not mistaken, there shouldn't be anyone in tier two to be accepted yet?
EDIT: In addition, Kieran also said that the TIer 2 #s are lesser than Tier 1....Obviously with TIER 1 all cleared it gives both TIERS a better chance of getting accepted! Hope this helps! =] it sure should make some Tier 3 peeps more anxious and hopeful =D...
so what do ya'llz think the percentage for tier 2 is now???
Last edited:
Can you complete that class before July 18th, 2012? They are very strict on candidates meeting the pre-requisites.
Yeah that's not the problem. My school is offering a class every day, 9-1 for two weeks, ending June 1. So I could do that. It's just that I would have to find child care for the two weeks. And then there's the $1000 for the class, plus the cost of the child care, which is going to be tough. And I still might not get offered a seat. I think I'm going to wait and see how the list moves in the next month and a half before I make a decision on taking the class.
I just got a call from Kieran (around 4:30pm western time) 🙂 I was on tier 2.
Hey guys. I'm in Tier 2 and I just received a call from Kieran at 4:30. I'm finally in after 4 months of waiting. Best of luck and I hope you all get in!
Hey! Guys! I am in china right now! I can not get the official accept offer through mail! Could someone tell me how to send the deposit to them?
u can call in with a credit card according to Kieran
Last edited:
does anyone know if once accepted at Pacific Pharmacy, can you work as a pharmacy intern before the program actually starts in August?
My understanding is that after you apply for the intern license, depending on where you live, the Boards of Pharmacy (Oregon and Washington) send your license and registration directly to Pacific, where you get it during orientation. In regards to working before school, that is probably a good question for Kieran but the rule in Washington states that "you may work as an intern once your registration is issued. Only hours accumulated after you have completed your first quarter or semester of pharmacy school will count towards the 1500 hours required." Oregon has a similar rule, you can read about it at the following link (which you are supposed to read before applying for an intern license):does anyone know if once accepted at Pacific Pharmacy, can you work as a pharmacy intern before the program actually starts in August?
http://www.oregon.gov/Pharmacy/Imports/Rules/April10/855-031_perm.pdf
If you sign up for your Pacific account and go to Moodle, they have a lot of really useful information, such as applying for an intern license, financial aid, housing, Immunizations, etc. They also have a check list of things to do before school starts in August. Hope that helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My understanding is that after you apply for the intern license, depending on where you live, the Boards of Pharmacy (Oregon and Washington) send your license and registration directly to Pacific, where you get it during orientation. In regards to working before school, that is probably a good question for Kieran but the rule in Washington states that "you may work as an intern once your registration is issued. Only hours accumulated after you have completed your first quarter or semester of pharmacy school will count towards the 1500 hours required." Oregon has a similar rule, you can read about it at the following link (which you are supposed to read before applying for an intern license):
http://www.oregon.gov/Pharmacy/Imports/Rules/April10/855-031_perm.pdf
If you sign up for your Pacific account and go to Moodle, they have a lot of really useful information, such as applying for an intern license, financial aid, housing, Immunizations, etc. They also have a check list of things to do before school starts in August. Hope that helps!
Hi, thanks for sharing.. how do you create a moodle account w/Pacific? I was accepted but I just sent my 1000 dollar deposit yesterday.. does the school send you another packet with your own account username and so on/instructions?
You should receive an email from the school saying they received your deposit and to make sure and activate your Pacific account/email. I am not sure if they send another email after telling you exactly how to do that. I never received one, however it might be a different case in that I went to Pacific for my undergraduate degree and already had a Pacific account and email. I would wait a bit and eventually contact Kieran if you don't revive anything. Another thing you could do is go to the Pacific pharmacy website and under current students they have a link to the account administration webpage (https://account.pacificu.edu/) where I believe you sign up for an account. That website also has the link to Moodle, the library and some other resources.Hi, thanks for sharing.. how do you create a moodle account w/Pacific? I was accepted but I just sent my 1000 dollar deposit yesterday.. does the school send you another packet with your own account username and so on/instructions?
hey, guys. i have already received the email to activity my pacific account. i login to my accountant link to moodle system. however, i can not find any information about the immunization and other required information. can anyone tell me where can i find these information in moodle system with thanks!
u can call in with a credit card according to Kieran
thanks! i have already done my deposit!
I am also having some trouble with moodle.. when I try to enroll into pharmacy class of 2015: pre-orientation.. ect, it says that I cannot enroll.. anyone else have this issue?
I am also having some trouble with moodle.. when I try to enroll into pharmacy class of 2015: pre-orientation.. ect, it says that I cannot enroll.. anyone else have this issue?
Hmmm, maybe they haven't updated the roster since the last round of acceptances?
are they on spring break or something? I tried calling but shes not in the office =[ poop
I can't get through to her either. How odd..
hey guys, i got the background check email 10 days ago. but i did not do that yet, because i am in china now. today i received a remind letter for the background check email again. i want to do it when i am back to USA. does anyone know if there is a due day for background check???
hey guys, i got the background check email 10 days ago. but i did not do that yet, because i am in china now. today i received a remind letter for the background check email again. i want to do it when i am back to USA. does anyone know if there is a due day for background check???
June 1st for background check/drug screening
May 1st for intern applications sent to Oregon/Washington
please accept me to join this group!
Way to go mate! OSU is much better than Pacific in terms of the level of education receive. Seeing the quality students that come out of both schools, I prefer OSU students.
Hey Kieran said she finished accepting students from tier 2. Im tier 3 but with her done with tier I have renewed interest in Pacific and Im wondering if anyone from tier 3 has been accepted yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Kieran said she finished accepting students from tier 2. Im tier 3 but with her done with tier I have renewed interest in Pacific and Im wondering if anyone from tier 3 has been accepted yet?
Good luck! 👍
I was accepted from tier 2.
There's still more than a month to go, so you have chance still.
Send in any updates to show your interest.
Good luck! 👍
I was accepted from tier 2.
There's still more than a month to go, so you have chance still.
Send in any updates to show your interest.
Thanks! Were you just accepted recently?
I sent an email expressing my interest after she sent the email that she finished with Tier 2. Hopefully she will make some more acceptance offers soon.

Thanks! Were you just accepted recently?
I sent an email expressing my interest after she sent the email that she finished with Tier 2. Hopefully she will make some more acceptance offers soon.![]()
I was accepted early April the day when I had my interview with Touro.
I was just taking a nap after the interview when I got the message. 😀
When I had my interview one of the P1 told me he was accpeted in July, and he was in Tier2. So I guess you still have chances.
Are you on the waitlist of any other schools?
I was accepted early April the day when I had my interview with Touro.
I was just taking a nap after the interview when I got the message. 😀
When I had my interview one of the P1 told me he was accpeted in July, and he was in Tier2. So I guess you still have chances.
Are you on the waitlist of any other schools?
Yes Im waitlisted at Western and accepted at Northstate but Im very doubtful about Northstate. I really would rather go here! Especially if there are only tier 3 students left on the waitlist
Hello Everyone! Congrats to all of you who got accepted into PU. My bestfriend is currently applying for the pharmacy program at Pacific University for the next cycle - 2013. I thought some of you may know an answer to my question.
So the application states that anatomy and physiology w/labs - 8 semester credits.
However, he's going to take it at a community college this summer, combined courses in anat&physio which equals only to 4 credits...which means he'll be short 4 credits.
Any advice on what he should do if that route doesn't work?
Has anyone had any problems with transferring anatomy and physiology credits?
Somewhere on the forum i thought i read about someone being concerned about transferring credits over....i could be wrong.
Please help! Thanks in advance! 🙂
So the application states that anatomy and physiology w/labs - 8 semester credits.
However, he's going to take it at a community college this summer, combined courses in anat&physio which equals only to 4 credits...which means he'll be short 4 credits.
Any advice on what he should do if that route doesn't work?
Has anyone had any problems with transferring anatomy and physiology credits?
Somewhere on the forum i thought i read about someone being concerned about transferring credits over....i could be wrong.
Please help! Thanks in advance! 🙂
Similar threads
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K