Paramedic college credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vitamorior

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm an active duty soldier who's currently taking college classes, and will soon be pursuing my paramedic license through the army. However after that licensing I'm going to strive towards a BSN.
Does anyone know the "transferology" of an EMT-P into college credits so I can calculate what classes I don't need To "retake"

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm an active duty soldier who's currently taking college classes, and will soon be pursuing my paramedic license through the army. However after that licensing I'm going to strive towards a BSN.
Does anyone know the "transferology" of an EMT-P into college credits so I can calculate what classes I don't need To "retake"

I was in the army, became a Paramedic, and then transitioned to my RN, then BSN, I am now about to graduate with a DNP. While bridge courses of Paramedic to RN do exist, and it is possible, they generally bring people nothing but misery. I suggest you use your GI bill and get a standard nursing education, you will thank yourself, especially if you decide on graduate school someday. Good luck.

Paramedic credits usually only transfer as general education credits, and won't likely meet any of the requirements for your BSN. If your program happens to include a full, rigorous A&P course with a lab instead of the typical, watered-down, no-lab, 2-3 credit "A&P for EMS", you may not have to retake A&P (as long as your credits haven't "expired" as science credits do at many schools).