part 2 board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wisdum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all
any one preparing for part 2?
i have just started studying for part 2,, so anyone want to share questions?
tips for preparation? talk about his studying? we can share our experience,
i started with prosthodontic,i'm using dental decks
hope to hear from u soon :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

hi there...
hey im also preparing for my part 2
when r u planning to take part 2
im intrerested in discussing with u
wut about u
drmedi
wisdum said:
hi all

drmedi said:
hi there...
hey im also preparing for my part 2
when r u planning to take part 2
im intrerested in discussing with u
wut about u
drmedi

Hey I am also planning to give part 2 soon.........but I dont have any material like decks or something. Can you share with me.. :laugh:
I mean untill I get my stuff...we can just discuss!!

wisdum said:
hi all
hi,I'm preparing for part 2, but not actually like part1! I don't feel like that completely! now I'm studying decks and think It's much more than part1

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i feel it is much intersting than part 1
i'm studying from dental decks 2001
but i'm looking for the exams
i dont have it yet
i dont know when i can enter
i just started
do u think it will take more than 2 month
if we all just started we can enter together in 1st of june
what do u think guys?
let's encourage each other

Hi guys, I will be starting to prepare for part II soon. Just one q, how much time is sufficient? Will two months do?

HI,
Any one in Connecticut preparing for part 2? I am looking for a study partner! I just started preparing for Part 2, started the decks.
I feel clinical problem solving in denttistry is a good book as fas as the case studies are concerned.
Any more inputs?
send me aPM if any one wants to discuss with me?

snowdrop

Anubis said:
Hi guys, I will be starting to prepare for part II soon. Just one q, how much time is sufficient? Will two months do?

wisdum said:
yeah i feel it is much intersting than part 1
i'm studying from dental decks 2001
but i'm looking for the exams
i dont have it yet
i dont know when i can enter
i just started
do u think it will take more than 2 month
if we all just started we can enter together in 1st of june
what do u think guys?
let's encourage each other

Hi!

I just took my NDBE 2 last March 28 and 29. I hope I can answer your questions.

I prepared for my exams in less than 2 months. I read Dental Decks 2001 and the released and unreleased exams. I also tried to supplement Pharma with Lippincott's, so I can understand it better.

Good luck with Part 2. Let me know if you have questions.

MeiLi

Hi MeiLi,
I just read your other post on how you had prepared for the exam. Was very helpful. Thanks.
Anubis

MeiLi said:
Hi!

I prepared for my exams in less than 2 months. I read Dental Decks 2001 and the released and unreleased exams. I also tried to supplement Pharma with Lippincott's, so I can understand it better.

MeiLi

MeiLi said:
Hi!

MeiLi

so do u think dental decks and exams are more than enough?
so exams from 1997 till 2004 ( unreleased is enough)
or we must go from before A to K ?
i dont know which to buy?

Meili
do u advice to read the dental decks first
or to do decks with exams in same time?
how many time do we have to go thru the decks
was the exam strange
or there was some repetition from the unreleased exams?

Hi all,
I just started preparing for NDBE II. Would anyone wish to cover the topics together with timelines.

hi friends
i just took my part 2 in this december...
i read decks 2007-08 and some papers,i read for 1 month,got a score of 82...
if any one need this material for free or any guidance for the exam feel free to PM me or post here and i will be more then happy to help u all...wish u all good luck......

Hello guys
I'm from Florida and also preparing for NBDE Part II which I'm gonna take in march 14-15. I gave myself 3 months to prepare for it and used dental decks 2007-2008, released tests, kaplan book and qbank, mosby's book and clinical problem solving in dentistry.
Good luck to everyone:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry for interupting with a part 1 question..
anyone who used kaplan for part 1 prepn, pls tell whether their classroom course or the one with 1000 questions and notes will be good.
need help
thanks in advance

hey wisdom tooth :)

Did anyone take your notes from you yet?I am interested in some tips for part 2...I want to start preparing for it. How much time do u think should be sufficient?

hi friends
if any one need this material for free or any guidance for the exam feel free to PM me or post here and i will be more then happy to help u all...wish u all good luck......

Hi arneet...I want to start too..like ASAP...I have the decks of 2004 but the Kaplan book is of 2001..even the past papers are till then...is that sufficient or too old???
whats your input on this wisdom tooth?

Hi all,
I just started preparing for NDBE II. Would anyone wish to cover the topics together with timelines.

Hi Beckie!
How did you find the Kaplan qbank for bord II? Do you think they are worth?
Which book is the clinical problem solving in dentistry?
Thank you!

Moonlight: I used the qbank for part one and it helped.

Hi
I ordered this program through kaptest.com. I think it was helpful but now I can't use it because 3 months order expired.
The book ''Clinical problem solving in dentistry'' is written by Edward W. Odell.

Hi Beckie!
How did you find the Kaplan qbank for bord II? Do you think they are worth?
Which book is the clinical problem solving in dentistry?
Thank you!

Moonlight: I used the qbank for part one and it helped.

Thank you for your reply Beckie!

Can you make a comparison between the kaplan and the mosby's books? Also, which source do you feel is more helpful? the books, the decks or the qbank?
I only have the mosby's and I feel that I need another one. Have you seen the First Aid for part II?

I am planning to take the exam probably in May.

I wish you and the others good study time and keep in touch!
Babu

hi everyone, im also preparing for part II n looking for study partner...im in san diego.if any one in san diego or near san diego is preparing for part II...plz let me know

thanks

hi friends

well acn u plz temme wat all to study im planning to do decks and released exam is it enough and how to study pharama

HI FRIENDS
i recently started with part 2 prep. i dont hav any question papers, can anyone guide me from where to get?

Hi all:

I started to work on part II national dental board I am looking for a serious partner from the midwest area USA I study from the dental decks 2007/2008 and past questions . I plan to take my exam in end of Juli/08
Let me know if interested, WE CAN DO IT :luck:

hi i am interested and am taking it also in july end of month....i took it twicce already and have failed twice w/ 74 even though i got over 300 questions right second time arouond....i have decks n mosby im studying from...and some tests on a cd...i can fwd to u if u have some unreleased exams w/ correct answers that would be GREATLY appreciated as i am on my last try before getting kicked out of school (policy). thanks

hi i am interested and am taking it also in july end of month....i took it twicce already and have failed twice w/ 74 even though i got over 300 questions right second time arouond....i have decks n mosby im studying from...and some tests on a cd...i can fwd to u if u have some unreleased exams w/ correct answers that would be GREATLY appreciated as i am on my last try before getting kicked out of school (policy). thanks
Keep yourself calm and collected you will pass have faith and work hard see what subject you failed and stress on it I have some released exams didn't start with it can help you with that, I'm inviting any other members of who already finished exam to help you with those exams also.
Come on let us help gandooddsssssss

thank you mesha! i appreciate the support. any advice as to what to study? i think i am just not good at "educated" guessing or guessing as a whole but ii can memorize things. so now i am educating and learning as much as i can from any source possible so i could pick up some common sense type questions that i missed last time ..and also maybe i should take my time taking the test..any advice from anyone is apprciated...test date is closing in...

thank you mesha! i appreciate the support. any advice as to what to study? i think i am just not good at "educated" guessing or guessing as a whole but ii can memorize things. so now i am educating and learning as much as i can from any source possible so i could pick up some common sense type questions that i missed last time ..and also maybe i should take my time taking the test..any advice from anyone is apprciated...test date is closing in...
How is it going gandoodds the only advice is the dental decks and past exam questions that is what I am doing if you know any other source let me know and taking your time is another good thing SLOW BUT SURE good luck.

hi guys
i am planning to start with part 2 prep now .... n was wondering wat all material to buy ........
can u guys plz suggest something

hi guys
i am planning to start with part 2 prep now .... n was wondering wat all material to buy ........
can u guys plz suggest something
HI hydroxyappatite I think all what you need is some fluoride :laugh:
Some applicant sell a c.d. that has everything if you prefer paper copy of the decks I have 2004 to sell make an offer if you interested.