Part I Score received

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeachBuff

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received 88.

Anatomic Sceince: 87 (+24 above national mean)
Biochem\Physio: 81 (+20 )
MicroBiology: 86 (+24 )
Dental Anatomy: 83 (+10 )

Total: 337\400 = 84.25

I dont know why I got such a low curve. Im kind of disappointed because I was thinking of specialiZing in either ortho or endo, depending on how my third year of dental school went and what I enjoyed and what fit best. But I know that few ortho or endo programs (at least not the top notch ones) take < 90 board scores.

Bummer! :(

Members don't see this ad.

I received 88.

I dont know why I got such a low curve. Im kind of disappointed because I was thinking of specialiZing in either ortho or endo, depending on how my third year of dental school went and what I enjoyed and what fit best. But I know that few ortho or endo programs (at least not the top notch ones) take < 90 board scores.

Its kind of surprising and scary that you got only 88 with 337.
I am awaiting my results.

Its kind of surprising and scary that you got only 88 with 337.
I am awaiting my results.
yes..its scary..the scoring pattern is difficult to gauge...usually, ive seena score of 90with 320 marks...
its kind of weird..are foreign trained students scored differently or what???
any new test takers..please post your raw scores....
thanks..

hey beach buff,

Could you please tell me how did u feel the exam? Were the questions direct or indirect with clinical situations? Please give us insight abt it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry about your score BeachBuff. That's really diappointing especially you were hoping for >90.

I have a silly question. I though the new format gives only one composite score, but you can still see what you get in individual sections? I should've known this already, considering my test is 1 month away. Can someone explain please? Thanks alot!

Sorry about your score BeachBuff. That's really diappointing especially you were hoping for >90.

I have a silly question. I though the new format gives only one composite score, but you can still see what you get in individual sections? I should've known this already, considering my test is 1 month away. Can someone explain please? Thanks alot!

The score report will show your composite score (curved), individual raw scores for each section, and national mean of the individual raw scores.

I received 88.

Hi beachbuff
i need sum advice
i am givin NBD 1 again..i faired 1st one wid 80
i do not understand this curve and score you have explained..cd u tell me how do u calculate this as i knw i have scored less in biochem /physio?
but how do i improve ..am totally clueless

Please do advice.
thanks