Part time at 3 letter chain can't get rid of benefits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmNewbie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I switched to work from CVS to a new job, and only work part time at CVS. Yet I still have my medical, dental, and vision insurance in both jobs. How do I get rid of the insurance from CVS? Please note this is in Cali.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Have you logged into myhr?

Reactions: 1 user
this happened to me when I left retail about 10 years ago - worked for a chain that was bought out. After the money was taken out of two paychecks (and being promised it would be refunded) the DM said there was nothing he could do. Even the regional manager said he couldn't fix it. I called the DM one more time while I was sitting in the parking lot of the busiest store in the district at the beginning of my shift and said if they don't refund me the money (about $200) I wasn't opening the store and they would loose more money than that in revenue. They said they would call me back.

I sat in my car for 30 minutes and finally got a call back and the scheduler was able to fix it and get me my money (they basically paid for for extra hours I didn't work to make up the difference). Ah, the good ole days when we actually had a leg to stand on and could stand up to the corporate bitches. The store was closed for half an hour - it felt good.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I work for wags and it was a 2 minute phone call to HR to cancel my medical plan. Obviously, if you are already halfway into the pay period you will lose out on the days that are left in that pay period and it wouldnt be cancelled until the start of the next pay period. FYI, my hours had already dropped to like 16 hours/pay period. I am not sure if you have to wait for your hours to drop to a certain level.

Thanks guys! You have to go to myhr and go to benefits and then go to life changes. But it has to be done within 30 days apparently. Really annoying now I have 2 insurance fit each lol. Oh well I can get 2 sunglasses.

this happened to me when I left retail about 10 years ago - worked for a chain that was bought out. After the money was taken out of two paychecks (and being promised it would be refunded) the DM said there was nothing he could do. Even the regional manager said he couldn't fix it. I called the DM one more time while I was sitting in the parking lot of the busiest store in the district at the beginning of my shift and said if they don't refund me the money (about $200) I wasn't opening the store and they would loose more money than that in revenue. They said they would call me back.

I sat in my car for 30 minutes and finally got a call back and the scheduler was able to fix it and get me my money (they basically paid for for extra hours I didn't work to make up the difference). Ah, the good ole days when we actually had a leg to stand on and could stand up to the corporate bitches. The store was closed for half an hour - it felt good.
Bad. Ass.

Reactions: 3 users

I've done many ballsy things, but never anything on this level of Savage.

Amazing

I've done many ballsy things, but never anything on this level of Savage.

Amazing
to clarify - this was my part time prn job - not nearly as ballsy as it sounds - if it was my full time job, ya , then that would be ballsy - but heck back then you could take a dumb on your DM's desk and get a raise

but i did give my jack ass DM's personal cell phone out to people if they wanted to file a complaint (this was on my last month working before I quit) - but this company was so pathetically ran and there were always 40-100 open shifts in the district every month that they paid OT to fill

Last edited: