Participating in a charity concert- how many hours to count?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AZRobbins

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've participated in a few charity concerts, and I'm a little confused about how many hours to count as volunteering. Should I only count the hours spent in concert? Should I count some of the hours spent preparing? Maybe concert+ dress rehearsal + any direct organizing work I've done?

Members don't see this ad.

I've participated in a few charity concerts, and I'm a little confused about how many hours to count as volunteering. Should I only count the hours spent in concert? Should I count some of the hours spent preparing? Maybe concert+ dress rehearsal + any direct organizing work I've done?
Concert time + practice prep + organizational meetings are fine to include.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with the last commenter, you should count all the hours you spent for preparation, too. I know how hard it is to organize an event. I was responsible for safety measures, and it took me days to find a reliable security company, crowd control warehouse and queue solutions, etc. The event by itself was very stressful and exhausting, everything lasted only a few hours but I was tired for almost a week after.