pass/fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dshnay

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which dental schools have a pass/fail grading system? :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

the only ones i know of that have pass/fail are ucla, and ucsf (it just started) and i think columbia....i'm sure there are others but these are the ones that come to my mind right away...

Members don't see this ad :)
Harvard does!!! but remember its not a big deal cause everyone of these schools still ranks the students and that's all that matters really....

Harvard does NOT rank their students in any way. I know that this is a common misconception, but there are absolutely no rankings associated with any students here (no top 10, no nothing). Harvard is strictly pass/fail for the first two years (and not even honors/pass/fail like some of the other schools).

So by the end of the DMD program all students are at the same level there is no way to distinguish between them...is it the same way with UCLA and any school that is a passfail????

joooj86 said:
So by the end of the DMD program all students are at the same level there is no way to distinguish between them...is it the same way with UCLA and any school that is a passfail????

The state-board result is your ranking.

Is that the test that you're supposed to take after 2 and 4 years?

joooj86 said:

I'm about to start UCLA pretty soon, and from what I've heard, UCLA does have internal rankings. They also have the honors (Exceptional Progress Reports), pass, and fail gradings. So it seems like UCLA gives you the best of both worlds, it's supposedly a non competitive environment and yet they reward those who perform exceptionally well.