This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureDDS_19

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I cant seem to wrap my head around:

Angle ranking
Pattern Folding
TFE

I took 2 tests and my timing was perfect, but I simply am hit or miss with angle ranking, I'll either get 12-13/15 or 6/15 and lately its been on the lower end of the spectrum.

For TFE, my hardest thing to visualize is finding the end side or the top side, i can't visualize how the object turns.

Pattern folding, I'm a lost cause. I try to use common shapes but doesn't always work out in my favor.

Any help would be appreciated! PS: DAT is in less than 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For angle-ranking what types of angle questions are you missing the most? If you want to improve your angle-ranking scores I would recommend PATBooster since they have special generators that tell you what angle questions you are most weak in. Their generators are also available for free and they're much better than any of bootcamps generator since they let you choose what types of angle you want to practice with and track your performance while you practice

For TFE, try to use one of the given views and try matching the lines within it with each of the lines in each option choice, this can help you eliminate options really quick. You can also use DATBootcamps visualizer to get extra practice but the questions it makes are really easy just to give you a heads up

For Pattern folding, try looking for obvious surfaces that are larger in the option choices and try matching them to the unfolded image to eliminate any discrepancies. Most of the time you can eliminate them really quickly.

Reactions: 1 users
For angle-ranking what types of angle questions are you missing the most? If you want to improve your angle-ranking scores I would recommend PATBooster since they have special generators that tell you what angle questions you are most weak in. Their generators are also available for free and they're much better than any of bootcamps generator since they let you choose what types of angle you want to practice with and track your performance while you practice

For TFE, try to use one of the given views and try matching the lines within it with each of the lines in each option choice, this can help you eliminate options really quick. You can also use DATBootcamps visualizer to get extra practice but the questions it makes are really easy just to give you a heads up

For Pattern folding, try looking for obvious surfaces that are larger in the option choices and try matching them to the unfolded image to eliminate any discrepancies. Most of the time you can eliminate them really quickly.

Thank you so much!! These generators are amazing! I am already seeing an improvement

For pattern folding - try it out in real life! Order something on Amazon. Unfold the box - study how each piece folds back into the box. Or - pick any 3d object. Then try to makeit out of paper. Cut the proper pieces. Color the sides and mark where you should fold it, then try to assemble it. If you have success, study why. If you don't, study what ended up in the wrong spot. Like anything, practice makes perfect! Playing with physical in-hand cut-outs can carry you a long way!

Reactions: 1 user