Path and SoCute are in our rearview mirror...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW PAGE FOOLS! Beat ya socute

Members don't see this ad.

NEW PAGE FOOLS! Beat ya socute

Awww...between you and Drill I feel like I have 2 SDN big brothers. Quite the family:

Sweet Tea - my long lost cousin (is that what we decided)
Drill and EF - big bros
MirrorTodd - SDN b/f

I feel like I'm leaving DKM out...but I dunno what he is?

All is well here in the "Southern Part of Heaven" as good triumphs over evil with UNC vanquishing the dookies at home!!!!!

Great game and great crowd. Kind of sad because this is my last game as a student after 9 years at UNC. I guess I have to start paying for my tickets now! My friend took alot of pictures and I'll post them here once I get them.

And thanks so much to your Clemson Tigers McNinja. Thanks to their victory over VT, UNC gets the #1 seed for the ACC tourney.

GO HEELS!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Speak for yourself. I was a cheerleader!

I was a football player and a golfer. Tried wrestling, but didn't like it too much (after seeing the recent herpes outbreaks on wrestling teams, I'm glad I made that decision).

I was a football player and a golfer. Tried wrestling, but didn't like it too much (after seeing the recent herpes outbreaks on wrestling teams, I'm glad I made that decision).

Ewww...probably a good decision there.

I just had flatbread pizza with lots of veggies. YUMMY!

Awww...between you and Drill I feel like I have 2 SDN big brothers. Quite the family:

Drill and EF - big bros
MirrorTodd - SDN b/f

Maybe DKM could be the cousin that estranged from the family, but returns to discuss things with you every once in a while.

Maybe DKM could be the cousin that estranged from the family, but returns to discuss things with you every once in a while.

Nah...he can't be estranged. Maybe just the ornery uncle?

I could go with being the cantankerous uncle....

But what does that make BKN then?

Congrats to UNC.. sweeping the hated dookies. Canes lost to FSU yest.. bleh

Members don't see this ad :)

Drill and EF - big bros
MirrorTodd - SDN b/f

Thanks!:thumbup:

Yeah he is like everyones wise grandpa..

Has anyone heard from BKN lately?

Actually, I think matchitis on SDN has simmered down a little, but it doesn't mean it's still not there.

Wow, we are getting up there in posts on this thread. Let's shut it down soon...I've had enough of my name on the EM forum!

Yeah, we need another name. I think we should always incorporate SoCute's name in the title from now on.

Yaaaay! New Battlestar Galactica tonight!

Actually, I think matchitis on SDN has simmered down a little, but it doesn't mean it's still not there.

Wait till next weekend. I think it'll be at an all time high.

Oh...so the new thread....

can we name it: "Match day is ABOUT to be in our rearview mirror"

BTW...Gladiator is on TNT right now. I love this movie. :thumbup:

BTW...Gladiator is on TNT right now. I love this movie. :thumbup:

Watched it last night. I LOVE that movie.

Watched Days of Thunder after that, which is another great one. Anyone who moves to the south should be required to watch both Days of Thunder AND Talladega Nights for insight on the whole Nascar culture thing here.

I gotta say that "Gladiator" also has one of the best soundtracks of all time.

Watched it last night. I LOVE that movie.

Watched Days of Thunder after that, which is another great one. Anyone who moves to the south should be required to watch both Days of Thunder AND Talladega Nights for insight on the whole Nascar culture thing here.

I saw both and I was still lost when it came to NASCAR discussions when I was in NC.

I gotta say that "Gladiator" also has one of the best soundtracks of all time.

Agreed.

If you like that, I highly recommend the soundtrack from Braveheart as well.

I saw both and I was still lost when it came to NASCAR discussions when I was in NC.

Well I have lived here all my life, been to several races, and I still don't understand it very well. At least these movies give you a glimpse inside what its all about and you can get the jokes about Nascar when you hear them.

Agreed.

If you like that, I highly recommend the soundtrack from Braveheart as well.

I used to listen to the Braveheart soundtrack while studying for the MCAT. It inspired me to defeat the MCAT.

I used to listen to the Braveheart soundtrack while studying for the MCAT. It inspired me to defeat the MCAT.

Did you paint your face and wear a kilt while taking the MCAT?

Did you paint your face and wear a kilt while taking the MCAT?

They didn't allow the kilt because they thought it was a distraction.

BTW, I still remember how the 2 proctors for the MCAT kept chatting with each other throughout the whole verbal section despite my glaring and sighing while sitting in the front row. Those f'ing skanks!

They didn't allow the kilt because they thought it was a distraction.

BTW, I still remember how the 2 proctors for the MCAT kept chatting with each other throughout the whole verbal section despite my glaring and sighing while sitting in the front row. Those f'ing skanks!

I personally enjoyed the jack hammer that went on during my verbal section.

I personally enjoyed the jack hammer that went on during my verbal section.

Biggest party of the year was going on all afternoon the day of my MCAT :(. Right outside the test room window.

Just cuz I haven't said this in a few days....

Match day...hurry the hell up! :mad:

Patience Dr. Will. :)

LOL.. my test day.. They screwed up the whole verbal it was a huge fiasco, I then had to retake it. how about that crap.. It made the national news.

http://thepost.baker.ohiou.edu/archives/archives/043098/test.html

A nationwide mistake on the medical college admission test left many pre-med students, whose futures are determined by these exam scores, in a nervous sweat. But luckily, the flawed version of the test, which was given on April 18, did not affect any OU students.

One version of the test, which is offered in April and August each year, featured a verbal-reasoning section that asked students to read a passage about fast-food restaurants, said Steve Corrozi, executive director of Columbus Princeton Review.

Columbus Princeton Review is the board that helps prepare students for a variety of standardized tests, such as the MCAT.

Students became confused when they saw that a series of unrelated astronomy questions followed the passage, he said.

A printing error caused the mistake, which incited minor panic in the already tense atmosphere at the 30 sites containing the faulty booklets, he said.

"It was not a happy situation," Corrozi said of the Ohio State University testing site, which was infected with the flawed booklets.

There are few things students can do to prepare for the verbal-reasoning section of the test, which is extremely difficult even when it does make sense, said Jennifer Hauler, a first-year OU medical student, who took the test last year at Wright State University.

"I think the test is difficult enough when the questions are directly related to the material," Hauler said. "I feel for the students who went through that."

Gary Snyder, associate director of communication of OU's College of Osteopathic Medicine, said he has not had any problems administering the MCAT at OU since 1993.

Forty-five students recently took the test at OU, and if OU's testing site would have contained the flawed booklets, it would have been disconcerting to the stressful atmosphere, Snyder said.

Thirty-thousand students registered for the test, which was given at 600 sites in the U.S., said John Parker, spokesman for the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) in Washington, which owns the test.

The association is offering students the choice to either void the test and receive a refund or have their admissions fee carried over to the next MCAT they take, Corrozi said.

By request, the AAMC will send a letter to medical school admissions offices explaining that students' scores might have been adversely affected by the mistake, or will allow the students to drop that section from their final test score, Corrozi said.

Different medical schools place varying weight on the test when considering a student's admission, along with other factors such as grade point average and letters of recommendation, said James Artis, director of OU-COM admissions.

"It (the test) can be a significant variable," he said.

Pre-med students' grade point averages vary, but the MCAT puts everyone on the same level, said Mayur Pandya, a senior pre-med-biology major, who recently was accepted into OU-COM.

"You come down to this one test," Pandya said. "It's definitely a high-tension and high-pressure situation."

I need to hear about that fiasco...I didn't hear it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.