Path and SoCute are in our rearview mirror...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh another page?

Members don't see this ad.

I need to hear about that fiasco...I didn't hear it before.

See the article. Its all I could find. It made it onto CNN. What a freakin disaster that was!

I would have been slightly upset at that one!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya you posted it while I was writing the message.

Another one..

MCAT Printing Error Provokes Student Concerns
From University Wire

You have pulled more all- nighters than the moon. Your social life has shriveled up. But you're ready to take the MCAT.

You read your first passage and then move on to the questions. But something is wrong. The passage discussed fast food restaurants, and the questions are about astronomy.

Actually, if you were one of the unlucky 1,000 prospective medical students who took an incorrectly formatted test last Saturday, the stars really were on your paper and not in your head.

Due to a printing error, eight of the 10 questions that followed a nutrition passage dealt with black holes.

The Association of American Medical Colleges told the Chronicle of Higher Education that 20 of the 600 centers that administered the test received a faulty version. Tests administered to Stanford students were apparently error-free, but senior premedical student Alfred Lin said he heard from friends in the Bay Area who had mismatched tests.

"We had one printing problem once where the items were not readable," MCAT administration manager Jack Hackett told the Chronicle. "But one where the pages were beautifully printed and the questions were completely mismatched? Never."

To correct its mistake, the association is sending letters to the 2,200 students involved - including those who took the test and those who were in the same room and whose test-taking was disrupted - presenting three options.

First, students can void the test. Their tests will be discarded without being scored, registration money returned in full and no record of them ever taking the exam will exist.

Students' second alternative is to change their score option to "no release," an action usually only allowed before the test begins. Then the test will be scored, but no information will be sent on to the medical schools.

A final option is having the test scored as usual, disregarding mismatched questions. Students must write to the association and request it to send a letter to the medical schools explaining that scores may be inaccurately low due to an error on the exam.

The test is not offered again until August, too late for those wishing to apply to medical school this year. Medical schools will not usually consider applicants for the interviewing phase until their applications, including MCAT scores, are complete. By the time the August test scores are returned, most medical school have already started the interview process.

Judy Colwell, assistant director of Stanford Medical School admissions, said she had never heard of such a mishap.

"Every once in a while test sites have problems," she said. "But I never heard of tests having problems."

[The Stanford Daily, April 23]

Anyone know where socute went to undergrad? I think she may have attended my undergrad..

LOL.. what an annoying exam.. I ended up doing well. but standardized tests annoy me!

Ohh another page?

Damn it...you beat me to another page! So I was at the yearbook committee meeting this afternoon and our class is well prepared for the upcoming week. We have events planned for this friday, black monday, match day and that saturday. Plans are likely in the works for this sunday, wednesday, and the friday after match day. :D Lots of partying to do in the next two weeks.

Does anyone else watch Entourage? I love this show and the new season starts April 8th.

Anyone know where socute went to undergrad? I think she may have attended my undergrad..

SoCute is the female version of Chuck Norris and as such did not attend undergrad, but roundhouse kicked the Dean's office of a particular school until they issued her a diploma ;).

SoCute is the female version of Chuck Norris and as such did not attend undergrad, but roundhouse kicked the Dean's office of a particular school until they issued her a diploma ;).

How dare you use Chuck's name in vain.

Members don't see this ad :)
My not doing well meant I went a round-about way to get into med school.

How dare you use Chuck's name in vain.

scottishfoldiu9.jpg

So are we going to try and close this out tonight? :thumbup:

Has anyone heard from BKN lately?

Been lurkin' and workin'. Thanks for asking.

Going to Germany for a meeting next week. Will actually be in Munich on Match Day. My chair asked me how to reach me, if "God Forbid" we failed to fill for the first time ever. I pointed out that noon in El Paso was about 9 pm at the Hofbrau Haus. All she would need to do was call, I'm sure I'd give here cog. . .uh . . .intelli . . .gut advish.

What happened to the yellow dot?

We could close it out tonight with everyone's paddage!

Fetus needs to stop getting sucked into the vortex of "universal healthcare" and help out.

Oh ya...my new avatar...the view out my window with an explosion a little while back. Still good view though.

Bring him back here then!!!

I have a feeling he'll show up soon. The thought of starting up another page is too much to resist.

I've avoided the healthcare issues forums...my thought is that whatever we say here won't matter anyway. They think what they want and won't change.

wife is watching desp housewives.. blegh.. so im on here. working on taxes.. and such.

Let's close this thread out.

Definitely getting close the the last page this thing will have.

I've avoided the healthcare issues forums...my thought is that whatever we say here won't matter anyway. They think what they want and won't change.

Yep but i hate smart people being led astray by either the left or right. sadly not enough people think for themselves.. need proof? Go to the pre med pages..

that show isn't terrible...but there is better entertainment out there.

Yep but i hate smart people being led astray by either the left or right. sadly not enough people think for themselves.. need proof? Go to the pre med pages..

To think, I was once one of those.

:smuggrin: True...I like the middle myself. A little bit of both left and right goes a long way.

I never visited the pre-med pages...I don't think anyway.

Next one is yours fetus!

Status
Not open for further replies.