Path is in our rear view mirror part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
socute thought the thread was dying.. now it is rolling along.. big time.

socute is lacking some faith in us. interview season is close to ending...us 4th years will be back in a huge way.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah bro...I gotta do the same thing. I wanna be fit by the time I start residency.

I wanna be fit by the time summer gets around. im not totally out of shape but i got some extra lbs..

Btw my offer stands on if you want some unbiased advice..

Members don't see this ad :)
How is the hopkins of the midwest.?

Haha...I dunno. I haven't spent more than 2 days there at a time in the last 2 months. Although my prolonged stay will begin tomorrow when I return from Denver.

Haha...I dunno. I haven't spent more than 2 days there at a time in the last 2 months. Although my prolonged stay will begin tomorrow when I return from Denver.

all in due time.. good luck getting that done..

I wanna be fit by the time summer gets around. im not totally out of shape but i got some extra lbs..

Btw my offer stands on if you want some unbiased advice..

Trust me, I'm going to be asking a lot of different people their opinions. I'd be super happy at any of the places I'm considering in my top 3. I just really have to sit down and figure out once and for all what I really want for the next few years.

yep.. im sure youll end up somewhere great. tons of excellent places out there.

Wow everyone...just signed on and found I missed out on at least 4 pages....what the (*#&$)@(#&$ happened tonight?? I guess I better read and find out now. Good job on the posts!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
ehh some people will be quite pissed after the match.. but.. thats the way the ball bounces.

mostly the match works.. though sometimes it blows.. worked for me and i hope it works for you folks!

so i decided it is weight loss time.. hopin to drop 20 lbs by summer.. we will see how it goes.. i need to run more..

I never really set an amount I want to lose, but I definitely at least want to get fit enough to function and then a little. I lost weight since I started grad school (last year in my master's and this year) unconsciously (without working out). Now I am actually trying, so I'll see how it goes. If I work hard, I am allowing myself to visit family in San Diego. Now there's an ultimate goal that I don't want to miss out on!!!!

Also, looking good is always a fun thing too...I think. I'm guessing socute knows for sure ;)

And about the whole myspace thing everyone discussed, my sister couldn't even find me, so I'm pretty sure I'm safe.

I missed out on the fun because my leeched internet was broken and I went to bed at 8:30. Too bad I woke up...still sleepy though.

I'm guessing that if I eat healthier and work out 5 days a week, I should lose more weight than I was already.

Oh oops...showed my mind drifts too much between subjects. I guess it's about time everyone here found out about this random thought characteristic I have....

Is it a bad sign when you feel like you are going to pass out when you are lying down doing absolutely nothing?

As in see stars pass out...

Ebabytoon.jpg

Figured I'd contribute to pics here...

Is it a bad sign when you feel like you are going to pass out when you are lying down doing absolutely nothing?

Maybe had to do with the headache I had when I woke up...

Oh so lonely here....anyone else around?

Also, looking good is always a fun thing too...I think. I'm guessing socute knows for sure ;)

On the rare occasion that I let someone from SDN see my picture, they always say "Oh, you are cute" but I can't tell if they are just paying me lip service or if they actually believe it!!!

As far as losing weight...I'm not allowed to lose any more. The patient I interviewed yesterday weighed 10 lbs less than me (and was my same height) and looked positively cachetic. So....socute must maintain.

I never really set an amount I want to lose, but I definitely at least want to get fit enough to function and then a little. I lost weight since I started grad school (last year in my master's and this year) unconsciously (without working out). Now I am actually trying, so I'll see how it goes. If I work hard, I am allowing myself to visit family in San Diego. Now there's an ultimate goal that I don't want to miss out on!!!!

Functionally I am ok. Really my plan is to weight myself qmonthly, run 10 miles a week, and watch what i eat a bit more.

Being on call and stressed causes me to eat more than i should... :thumbdown:

And the cafeteria food is excellent (for cafeteria food) so the deterent is little. When I was in med school i spent 8 weeks doing medicine and i lost like 10 lbs cause the food was SO terrible.

yeah girls dont get too skinny.. it is flat out unattractive.. have a figure it makes us dudes happier.

Functionally I am ok. Really my plan is to weight myself qmonthly, run 10 miles a week, and watch what i eat a bit more.

Being on call and stressed causes me to eat more than i should... :thumbdown:

And the cafeteria food is excellent (for cafeteria food) so the deterent is little. When I was in med school i spent 8 weeks doing medicine and i lost like 10 lbs cause the food was SO terrible.

That, and rounding made you nauseated :laugh:

:barf: rounding

yeah girls dont get too skinny.. it is flat out unattractive.. have a figure it makes us dudes happier.

I've always been pretty little - combination of genetics and athleticism.

I get really tired of the "You're so skinny" comments. And I HATE being asked, "Do you eat? Or are you anorexic or something (HAHAHAH!)" I am skinny, but I DEFINITELY don't look anorexic. To me, asking questions like that of a skinny person is like asking an obese person, "SO what, do you just never stop eating?" or "How much do you weigh?" Of course, no one says these things to obese people but for some reason it's ok to make the exact opposite statement to skinny people.

/rant

On the rare occasion that I let someone from SDN see my picture, they always say "Oh, you are cute" but I can't tell if they are just paying me lip service or if they actually believe it!!!
It isn't lip service

As far as losing weight...I'm not allowed to lose any more. The patient I interviewed yesterday weighed 10 lbs less than me (and was my same height) and looked positively cachetic. So....socute must maintain.
Yes, you must. Otherwise you'll have a hard time finding clothes.

It isn't lip service

Yes, you must. Otherwise you'll have a hard time finding clothes.

Awww...thanks. And yeah...at 5'0" I already have enough issues finding clothes!!!

Damn...this Denver trip turned out to be pretty expensive. :eek:

I can definitely stand to lose as much as I gained in undergrad. If I ever accomplish that, I would be elated!!!

Awww...thanks. And yeah...at 5'0" I already have enough issues finding clothes!!!

You know, I have issues finding clothes too. Not so much shirts, but pants just don't come in the right size for me. I'm not thick enough to shop at the big and tall store, but every time I try to get new jeans or something, my ankles are always showing.

You are cute, really...believe it.

I too have trouble finding jackets.. I need a long.. For shirts, sweaters etc I gen need a Large tall but these are hard to find.

Ive been lookin for a leather jacket for 3 yrs.. either the XL makes me look frumpy or the sleeves on the L go to my elbow.

On the subject of clothing, the designers seem to expect a person my size to have breasts so big that they would hurt the back (I would think anyway). Finding fun clothes is not so fun when that comes along. And no, stuffing is not an option. I just have a good back is what I like to console myself with.

Status
Not open for further replies.