Path is in our rear view mirror part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright back from my penultimate interview.

Then I'll be gone again the beginning of next week.

Members don't see this ad.

If so how did the EM guys do? 2 I know of.. both your friends i believe.

Military match happened a few weeks ago. I haven't talked to my 2 friends but know their results. One matched in Washington (EM), the other matched in prelim medicine in San Antonio. Apparently there were only 6 EM spots in his branch.

Military match was tough this year from what I hear.
There were 60 medical students (plus who knows how many GMOs) applying for the AF spots.
Only 6 MSIVs got spots.

Members don't see this ad :)
i never considered the military but as a undergrad i heard that you could get into more competetive fields easier but from what happened last yr and what i hear this yr... well that aint true

I hate comcast soooooooo much. 4 months my cable has been spotty and i've had 3 people come out and check the lines. Finally one came a week and a half ago and told me that outside lines needed to be replaced. He never put in the order, so now someone else has to come out and check the lines again in order for them to make an appointment to change the lines. :mad: +pissed+

I hate comcast soooooooo much. 4 months my cable has been spotty and i've had 3 people come out and check the lines. Finally one came a week and a half ago and told me that outside lines needed to be replaced. He never put in the order, so now someone else has to come out and check the lines again in order for them to make an appointment to change the lines. :mad: +pissed+

I feel you...that's why I am now leeching internet. Much less responsibility when it's not yours. I love apartments!!

i never considered the military but as a undergrad i heard that you could get into more competetive fields easier but from what happened last yr and what i hear this yr... well that aint true

This year the AF didn't let people who didn't match in the military match go for any civilian categorical spots. They only let them do prelim years, and they are going to make GMO's out of them. Kinda sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that really does suck. It's going to be 4 years before they can do what they really want to do.

went for a hike today.. gotta love tucson.. freakin hikin in mid January?

Had to do army stuff today. We were practicing for our change of command ceremony. New general is coming in. It's not fun to stand around with a giant flag attached at the waist while listening two all the Colonel try and remember how to do drill and ceremony.

I am not enjoying the snow and I hate exams. Maybe it will all work for me and the snow will cause classes to get cancelled Monday and I will have my exam postponed. I'm thinking this is a stretch, but who knows.

Man I hope the Bears win today. This will be a rockin' place to be over the next two weeks if the da Bears make a Superbowl run.

Oh fun. Speeding ticket on the way home, got home and saw that my door was egged sometime over the weekend. SUPER.

Can I move now?

I predict Bears Pats... I will be rooting for Bears and Indy..

I predict Bears Pats... I will be rooting for Bears and Indy..

I'd like to see Indy go all the way and take it all. I feel bad for Manning and think that the best quaterback of this era shouldn't go out without a ring.

I'd like to see Indy go all the way and take it all. I feel bad for Manning and think that the best quaterback of this era shouldn't go out without a ring.

That said, I'm still upset at how bad they embarrassed my team! But that was our fault, not theirs, and we actually shut Manning down :thumbup: . That's about the only good thing I can say about that game. :thumbdown:

spent 5 yrs in chicago.. ill be rooting against the saints.. though i rooted for them throughout the yr.

BTW if indy or chicago win they will have the 1st black coach to ever be in the super bowl.

Chicago has some loyal fans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2738199

CHICAGO -- Chicago school teacher Colleen Pavelka knows how much her husband loves the Bears. Apparently, she loves him even more.

Colleen chose to have the birth of their second child induced a few days early so Mark Pavelka could attend Sunday's NFC Championship showdown between the Bears and the New Orleans Saints.

The baby was due Monday. But when Colleen went in for an appointment Friday afternoon, her doctors told her she could opt for an early delivery. She decided to do so.

After nearly six hours of labor, 8-pound, 9-ounce Mark Patrick Pavelka was born Friday night.

Colleen Pavelka plans to catch the game on the plasma screen TV in her hospital room, while baby Mark Patrick is bundled up in the Bears receiving blanket his grandmother bought him for Christmas.

Went to the Blue October concert last night...they rock. :thumbup:

The opening act sucked, so of course I spent that time thinking about my rank order list. *sigh*

:laugh: And still there are some people in Chicago that have no idea what this means. One of my friends (who is born and raised in Chicago) will be on a plane during the game as he heads for an elective b/c his GF booked the ticket for him. She had no idea about the bears game and lets just say he isn't happy about his flight. :laugh:

A superbowl victory here would be an awesome way to end my time in Chicago. Although if they do make the SB, it will interfere with one of my second looks because there is NO way I would leave Chicago on SuperBowl Sunday!

LOL.. Will it was cool being there for the Cubs run and the Sox win.. a bears W in the SB would be insane..

All that being said if the Bears play the pats they lose by 20.. Their only hope is Indy but I think Manning would tear them up.

This is another AFC yr IMO.

This is another AFC yr IMO.

I think so too, but I hope it's not the Pats again, I can't stand seeing them win all the time. (Dolphins fan frustrated that we can do fairly well against the Pats in the division, but not against most other teams lately)

BTW if indy or chicago win they will have the 1st black coach to ever be in the super bowl.

Congratulations to them if they do, but I guess I have to be the guy that says it.
Their accomplishment has nothing to do with the fact that they are black. Race relations in this country will never get any better if the media feels they have to point out ever little thing that black people do, while marginalizing the accomplishments of white people. See the threads in the lounge pertaining to the race issues with MLK Jr day and the Virginia congressman.
I just see this as a way for people to call for more black coaches in the NFL. While I think that more representation is a good thing, it is just a known fact that the reason there aren't as many black coaches in pro ball as there are white coaches (however, they are a higher percentage than in college) is because there aren't many black coaches in college. The reasons behind that are much more racial than at the pro level, where winning is the only key, be you whatever color you check on the form. You never hear about the lack of Hispanic representation in football, even down at the player level. And how many Hispanic coaches are there in baseball, where it would be much more likely to see one?
Suffice it to say, I think everyone's accomplishments should be judged based on the person, not whatever race he or she happens to be.

I think so too, but I hope it's not the Pats again, I can't stand seeing them win all the time. (Dolphins fan frustrated that we can do fairly well against the Pats in the division, but not against most other teams lately)

I gew up in miami. huge fins fan!!!

Congratulations to them if they do, but I guess I have to be the guy that says it.
Their accomplishment has nothing to do with the fact that they are black. Race relations in this country will never get any better if the media feels they have to point out ever little thing that black people do, while marginalizing the accomplishments of white people. See the threads in the lounge pertaining to the race issues with MLK Jr day and the Virginia congressman.
I just see this as a way for people to call for more black coaches in the NFL. While I think that more representation is a good thing, it is just a known fact that the reason there aren't as many black coaches in pro ball as there are white coaches (however, they are a higher percentage than in college) is because there aren't many black coaches in college. The reasons behind that are much more racial than at the pro level, where winning is the only key, be you whatever color you check on the form. You never hear about the lack of Hispanic representation in football, even down at the player level. And how many Hispanic coaches are there in baseball, where it would be much more likely to see one?
Suffice it to say, I think everyone's accomplishments should be judged based on the person, not whatever race he or she happens to be.

Uhh they do make a big deal of hispanic coaches in the NFL.. See Ron Rivera.

I cant say i disagree with you but they need to report on this to make themselves feel better about themselves. IMO this is an issue of too much PC-ness.

Oh and with Obama and hilary running for the dems expect to hear A LOT about blacks and women relating to presidencies and how other countries have had women etc..

I seriously have almost no reason to watch the Super Bowl for another year.
Of course, last year I had to watch it on a 2in screen in the dark above alligators at the Audobon Zoo. It was a surreal experience.

Nobody is home.

I get to drive to the coast again tomorrow, but it won't be as warm unfortunately.

Nobody is home.

I get to drive to the coast again tomorrow, but it won't be as warm unfortunately.

I wish I could make it to the coast in drivable time....I would like to see some ocean right now...

I even have my background as the ocean...put that there a couple weeks ago. I think I am going to cash in my change jar at the end of the summer and go out to the ocean.

I'm sure it would be better than seeing the inside of a school and taking an exam...

Status
Not open for further replies.