Path is in our rear view mirror part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of clothing, the designers seem to expect a person my size to have breasts so big that they would hurt the back (I would think anyway). Finding fun clothes is not so fun when that comes along. And no, stuffing is not an option. I just have a good back is what I like to console myself with.

I have the opposite problem; shirts that fit the rest of me all seem to be made for women with B cups or smaller. I don't have huge boobs, but they're not Bs, either! I have a hard time with button-down shirts because of the gaping.

Members don't see this ad.

I have the opposite problem; shirts that fit the rest of me all seem to be made for women with B cups or smaller. I don't have huge boobs, but they're not Bs, either! I have a hard time with button-down shirts because of the gaping.

I have heard of this problem before too.

Ughhh...I don't want to go to ortho tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
dude u r hurtin yourself.. oh well man.. it will be over soon. Arent you taking step 2 cs soon ? ;)

Haha I should try and reschedule. It's only one day this week...I think I can hang. But then I have 3 straight weeks of it.

I think I'll also have a dental appointment, eye check, have a second look to do, or maybe two. I think I can do this.

Hmmmm...when's the last time you've seen a surgeon intubate a patient? Grey's Anatomy strikes again.

So...a general question...do you have time and energy to make it to a gym in the third and fourth years on a regular basis?

So...a general question...do you have time and energy to make it to a gym in the third and fourth years on a regular basis?

I do, yes, but that's because going to the gym keeps me sane and I'll pick going to the gym over studying any day, and I'm willing to sacrifice a bit (a small bit) of sleep time for the gym. Some M3 rotations are better than hours; surgery and medicine were the hard ones for me. Once you get out of your fourth year AIs, there's more gym time than you can possibly stand. :D

I do, yes, but that's because going to the gym keeps me sane and I'll pick going to the gym over studying any day, and I'm willing to sacrifice a bit (a small bit) of sleep time for the gym. Some M3 rotations are better than hours; surgery and medicine were the hard ones for me. Once you get out of your fourth year AIs, there's more gym time than you can possibly stand. :D

Thanks!!! That tells me that if I really want to, I don't have much of an excuse to not go...

Members don't see this ad :)

On some rotations. When I was on Surgery no way.. 90-100 hours a week... it is tough when you work 5am to 6pm to hit the gym.

oh well i guess it depends on.... well you know :D

Goodnight thread. I'm officially cutting back. The internet is sucking up my study time. It's time to rededicate myself to studying. Gotta start pulling higher GPA's if I want that acceptance.

I too need to clamp down. We get zero and I do mean ZERO pressure on the in service but somehow the test looms over me.. I am no freak.. but I just cant not care about a test... argh..

Yeah...no gaping problems for me...

My girlfriend has the gaping problem. :love: :thumbup:

so much studying to do so little time...yet for some reason not stressed yet :eek: not a good thing....test on monday

Sorry, but it feels f*@king sweet not to worry about a test. Loving 4th year!

Hmmmm...when's the last time you've seen a surgeon intubate a patient? Grey's Anatomy strikes again.
Hell....I've seen a surgeon who could not figure out how to put the blade on the laryngoscope......

On the rare occasion that I let someone from SDN see my picture, they always say "Oh, you are cute" but I can't tell if they are just paying me lip service or if they actually believe it!!!

I can be objective. Promise. ;)

Surgeon: "theres a blade on the laryngoscope?"

Im kidding people..
AND I quote: "How the **** do you work this ****ing thing?"
EM doc: "I dunno...I'm just the ER doc." *snaps laryngoscope blade into place and hands it back to the surgeon, who was notorious for looking down his nose at the ER docs*

AND I quote: "How the **** do you work this ****ing thing?"
EM doc: "I dunno...I'm just the ER doc." *snaps laryngoscope blade into place and hands it back to the surgeon, who was notorious for looking down his nose at the ER docs*

Yes, yes, it's fun to make fun of surgeons, but as roja pointed out to me this week - they provide a valuable service and their lives are pretty miserable. Remember - you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar :).

Yes, yes, it's fun to make fun of surgeons, but as roja pointed out to me this week - they provide a valuable service and their lives are pretty miserable. Remember - you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar :).

Agreed, and I always thank the consultants for coming down but man sometimes it is just too funny. I doubt they realize how much work we "save" them and how much business we give them. In the end its just a little ribbing. It goes both ways we do things that arent always 100% smart and they do too..

Laugh away..

Good morning all!!!! My last 3 hours of sleep were the deepest sleep I've had in a long time. Oh it feels good!

I got to see a bunch of my friends for the first time in a while last night. We'll all be celebrating tonight for those who matched in Ophtho Thursday. I think the reality of the match and that we'll soon all be heading off in different directions is starting to set in for a bunch of us. I guess you don't really realize how close everyone is until we realize the end is near.

Will how many went into Ophtho NSurg etc this yr? A little breakdown would be cool.

All we know are the ophto results....6 for 6. Urology happens tomorrow night, and neurosurg results are released this week from what I've heard. We should have the official results by the end of the week.

Optho results that I know...
UCSD
University of Texas - SW
Drexel
University of Washington

There was a girl (whose name I forget) blonde where did she go?

She's someone we're not sure about. We know she matched but I'm not sure if anyone I talked to last night had actually talked to her.

ok.. i did ophtho and she was there. Her and another guy who's name escapes me.. Did the military do their match yet?

If so how did the EM guys do? 2 I know of.. both your friends i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.