Path is in our rear view mirror part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is peds em though which i must say i like..

Members don't see this ad.

There is a nasty snow storm going on in Chicago today.

Frustration...told my mom my ROL, she goes...what happened to Hopkins? :laugh: :laugh:

It's # 10

Members don't see this ad :)
Frustration...told my mom my ROL, she goes...what happened to Hopkins? :laugh: :laugh:

It's # 10

I made two changes to my list last night and re-certified. I'm done with it otherwise. I emailed Cinci and told them they were my #1. I have no idea of what their policy is on telling an applicant where they stand. My response was pretty general so I'm not going to speculate and drive myself crazy.

I made two changes to my list last night and re-certified. I'm done with it otherwise. I emailed Cinci and told them they were my #1. I have no idea of what their policy is on telling an applicant where they stand. My response was pretty general so I'm not going to speculate and drive myself crazy.

I wasn't aware that once you certify the rank list, you are able to change it again and recertify?

I wasn't aware that once you certify the rank list, you are able to change it again and recertify?

As many times as you want. You just have to recertify.

Drill, you inspired me. I just emailed my top choice (please oh please oh please) place. I think I'm going to certify and call it done by Friday.

Although I think a way for NRMP to decrease matchitis, they should charge an extra $15 after you recertify more than twice.

It's the storm of the century here in Chicago. I don't think I've ever seen a snow storm like this. It doesn't help that the wind is hitting 50 mph simulating blizzard conditions. It's going to be a wet and messy Valentine's day.

BTW...30 days till the match.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, done.

Anybody want to wash all this damn salt off my car? Why can't there be any car washes that actually 1: work in this weather, and 2: get the the salt off when they are working?

What, you want me to change my signature or something?

Besides, its really closer to 29 days and 14 hours as of this post.

:laugh: It was for my reference only. You can change it if you want.

If y'all keep this match countdown **** up I'm going to have to stop visiting this forum until it's all over.

And to think, I was soooo close to starting the "official match countdown" thread. But we couldn't have the forums with out ST, could we?

HOLY ****. Dr. Blomkalns (at least it seems like it's her) posted on SDN. This is nuts.

Interesting night on SDN.

Dude...you can say that again. But props to her for answering these "allegations."

I agree. EM2009 didn't phase me one bit and it wasn't like he/she was giving enough information of help people make an "informed decision."

I certified my ROL today and don't plan on making any changes, time to relax and celebrate (and pray for #1). :D

I agree. EM2009 didn't phase me one bit and it wasn't like he/she was giving enough information of help people make an "informed decision."

Me neither. My mind has been made up for quite a while. Seeing some of these residents work the other day (and they are confident studs), gave me all the info I needed.

Congrats...feels good doesn't it? :thumbup:

Hell yes! I kept on changing things in the middle and decided it wasn't worth it anymore since they were all pretty similar and I'd be happy if I ended up at any of those middle programs.

:laugh: :laugh:

Now all I can think about is if Andra visits SDN often and if she has been able to identify me from the things i've posted. Not that i'm worried because I've only said good things about Cinci's program, but it's just a little embarrassing I guess.

I hate SDN :D :D :D

:laugh: :laugh:

Now all I can think about is if Andra visits SDN often and if she has been able to identify me from the things i've posted. Not that i'm worried because I've only said good things about Cinci's program, but it's just a little embarrassing I guess.

I hate SDN :D :D :D

:laugh: I was thinking the same thing, too. I think my identity is pretty easy to figure out. I haven't said anything negative, except the times I was trying to convince people to not rank them so I could go there. But I did that all in fun. Man...:laugh:

:laugh: I was thinking the same thing, too. I think my identity is pretty easy to figure out. I haven't said anything negative, except the times I was trying to convince people to not rank them so I could go there. But I did that all in fun. Man...:laugh:

That's what a second name is for...

That's what a second name is for...

The above name isn't what I'm usually known by. I was speaking more towards the fact that I have my school and graduation date...it makes it easier. Maybe I should take that off.

My GF keeps playing James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" from the grammy's. Everytime I sing the terrible song to imitate him...she starts it over. Kill me. :mad:

Fetus...in case you didn't know. They posted the early match results on our class forum page. Check it out if you want. Pretty strong matches in Optho.

The above name isn't what I'm usually known by. I was speaking more towards the fact that I have my school and graduation date...it makes it easier. Maybe I should take that off.

I didn't mean that...I meant create a 2nd profile for all the things you don't want to be caught saying.

Stuck in Las Vegas. Made it out of BWI - one of only 10 flights not canceled. If it weren't for the 2 hour wait to de-ice the plane, I think we would have made it. Debating on sticking it out at the airport or ponying up $60 for a hotel. Flight leaves in 7 hours. Hmmmm. Oh well, at least the second look was worthwhile.

Fetus...in case you didn't know. They posted the early match results on our class forum page. Check it out if you want. Pretty strong matches in Optho.

Did someone change their mind from EM? It looks like they matched into a different field? Was it a military issue?

Did someone change their mind from EM? It looks like they matched into a different field? Was it a military issue?

No, he didn't change his mind but was one of many applying for only 6 spots (with most of them going to applicants that decided to stay in the military.) Suffice it to say, he is now stuck doing something he didn't want to for the next 3-4 years.

So as I prepare to go snowboarding this weekend (for the first time in 2 years), I tried on my snowboarding pants. Unfortunately, they don't fit as well as they used to. They are a bit more snug (but I can still wear them) and I'm sure they will be extremely warm. There are many I'd like to thank for this situation...

I would like to thank all my rotations, especially EM rotations where I have night shifts only to finish my shift and be extremely hungry with the only option of food being McDonalds'. I would also like to thank all the pre-interview nights out that included wings, beer, and more beer, for making this possible. Thank you to all those pharm reps that provide me with endless plates of tacos, chinese food, pasta, and other carbohydrates. While you have gotten me through the boredom that is noon conference, you have likely shortened my life as well. :D

Stuck in Las Vegas. Made it out of BWI - one of only 10 flights not canceled. If it weren't for the 2 hour wait to de-ice the plane, I think we would have made it. Debating on sticking it out at the airport or ponying up $60 for a hotel. Flight leaves in 7 hours. Hmmmm. Oh well, at least the second look was worthwhile.

I know what you mean. I drove out of DC yesterday morning, and got out before the storm caused the roads to get too icy. Not that didn't mean that those people still couldn't drive, but I was able to go around them easily.

For the record, those salt trucks don't like it when you pass them. At least that's what I thought his hand gestures meant.

For some odd reason, I've let the tv channel on one that is playing "She's All That." The scene with the hackey sack/open mic night is on, and I must say it's the most ******ed scene I've ever seen in a movie.

freddie prinze junior is the best poet ever... in the history of 1990s teenage chick movie. i don't know whats worst- james blunt or she's all that?

they kill people... jk

so was reading in the paper about the new rotatek vaccine. the FDA is purporting that it has led to at least 28 cases of intussussception, because the previous vaccine 8 years ago had this as a side effect. the only reason they are doing this to see if there are any un-reported cases (just to see!!). in reality, 28 cases for however many little people received the vaccine is far less than the control population.

government confusing... thoughts?

Sadly, no. The fiancé is at work, I won't see him for 2 weeks, and this would be the first Valentine's Day in our relationship that I didn't get flowers. Le sigh.

He did, however, make me brownies over the weekend which were oh so yummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.