path

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moo

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is BRS Pathology all you really need to know for path for Step I? That is, if I memorized this book would I be good to go for the path q's? Someone in my school from previous years suggested we read Robbins from beginning to end but I think this is crazy, not only would I not retain anything, I would be neglecting other subjects.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by moo
Is BRS Pathology all you really need to know for path for Step I? That is, if I memorized this book would I be good to go for the path q's? Someone in my school from previous years suggested we read Robbins from beginning to end but I think this is crazy, not only would I not retain anything, I would be neglecting other subjects.

Yup, I agree with you. BRS path is pretty much all you need to know in path for step I purposes. In addition to reading it cover to cover, I also used it as a book to look stuff up in while I was studying. I don't think that I touched Robbins during my step I studying, except maybe to look up pictures of stuff which I don't recall being too helpful for the actual test. It was a nice break from those review books though, it's a very nicely written/illustrated book.

I've been working on reading through Robbins Pathological basis of disease. I figure I have tons of time, and it couldn't hurt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Spang
I second the adoration for Robbins' text. He just died last October you know. Check out his obituary:

http://www.asip.org/robbins.htm

It's somehwat off the original post, but thanks so much for the link. I had no idea Dr. Robbins went to MIT and I feel bad for cursing a fellow alum. (Of course, I used Baby Robbins so I was actually cursing someone else :) )