pathoma videos vs pathoma text

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc-Oc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
through my school year which should i use to supplement pathology lectures? pathoma vids or the pathoma textbook?

thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

annotate the text with the stuff he says and draws in videos. then just review your annotated book after that

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They're meant to be used together. He goes into more material than is listed verbatim in the book.

Reactions: 1 user
From my experience...
Videos + textbook together >> videos alone > textbook alone

the thing is time is an issue. in trying to keep up with other school lectures so im thinking its best if i choose between the videos or the textbook. can you please give me reasons to choose one over the other?

Thanks!

the thing is time is an issue. in trying to keep up with other school lectures so im thinking its best if i choose between the videos or the textbook. can you please give me reasons to choose one over the other?

Thanks!

At double speed it's only 18 hrs total. It usually takes me about as long to read a chapter as it does to watch the videos. If you're really crunched for time I would watch the videos and read/annotate as you go. Or, pick and choose which chapters you need the most help with and read and watch those. I thought the first three chapters plus renal, cardio, and blood disorders were most valuable (especially the blood and vascular disorders)

I watch the videos and annotate the text for the relevant sections at the beginning of each block (most sections take 1hr, or just a little over, at 2x). When we get our path lectures I skim them to see how much overlap there is between Pathoma and the lectures. If there are additional factoids or a few extra disease that are emphasized in lecture PowerPoints I just write those in the margins in a different colored pen, skip lecture, and study straight from the Pathoma text. Occasionally there are 1-2 lectures that contain a lot of info that isn't covered in Pathoma and for those I just make a note to review those lectures in addition to Pathoma. I've done this all of 2nd year and it's saved a ton of time compared to my classmates that study both, and I've done extremely well in Path.

Thanks!

The book really just is to follow along/give you something to write on as you watch the videos. It won't add any time to your video-watching.

Thanks!

2x... 1.5x he sounds normal.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I personally LOVED the videos and never actually used the book. I did it during my dedicated step 1 study time, and I took notes into First Aid. His explanations are so amazing and clear that it would be a disservice to yourself not to watch them.

Thanks!

The book is meant to be an outline/supplement for the videos. If you're stubborn enough not to use both then go with the videos. Following along really doesn't take that much more time, if any. It's Pathoma, not Robbins.

Videos are much better than the book. The guy has a gift in terms of explaining and I hope he's rich as hell of it, cause he deserves it.

Videos are much better than the book. The guy has a gift in terms of explaining and I hope he's rich as hell of it, cause he deserves it.
I'm sure he doesn't care about the money. Dr. Sattar is spiritually rich. One can tell he is completely satisfied with doing God's work.

But I bet he's not doing too bad financially either :smuggrin: