Paying for Post Bacc Program

Started by number5
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

number5

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

I recently got accepted into the post bacc program at UT Dallas which gives a certificate in biomedical sciences. Since, I am not a degree seeking student, I do not qualify for federal aid. I am already in 6 figures worth of debt from undergraduate. Idk if I can get a private loan. Yes, I am working but I still need help paying for my tuition. Is anybody in a similar boat? Which private lenders did you all use? Thanks anything helps.
 
I suggest going through federal 'Grad Plus' loans before seeking private loans. They are 7.9% fixed rate, up to the published cost of attendance. The amount that you are able to take out depends on your credit history though (so it's analogous to private loans in that regard).