PCAT - Just scored a 99% today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kpharm2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! As you can expect, I'm super stoked. :soexcited:

These are my preliminary scores:

Verbal Ability 461 (99%)
Biology 466 (99%)
Reading Comprehension 412 (73%) :shrug:
Quantitative Ability 468 (99%)
Chemistry 505 (99%)
Composite 462 (99%)

If anyone has any questions, please leave them here. Once I get my official results, I'm planning to write up a guide for future PCAT takers.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the amazing score! I was just wondering how did you prepare for VA & QA?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine on the 17th of September. I'm new to SDN, but here are my preliminary scores:

Verbal Ability 91
Biology 97
Reading comp 88
Quantitative 97
Chemistry. 93
Composite. 97

I am a Baylor Biochemistry major with a 4.0 GPA currently. I'm applying next summer, but luckily this is out of the way now. I have a few questions: 1) does your essay score change the composite? 2) will it do me detriment that my RC score was not in the 90s range? 3) do the preliminary and final scores differ by much? 4) is it bad that I have no college pharmacy experience, even though I am pharmacy technician certified? 5) is this good enough for UT Austin and University of Houston pharmacy schools?

Hi everyone! As you can expect, I'm super stoked. :soexcited:

These are my preliminary scores:

Verbal Ability 461 (99%)
Biology 466 (99%)
Reading Comprehension 412 (73%) :shrug:
Quantitative Ability 468 (99%)
Chemistry 505 (99%)
Composite 462 (99%)

If anyone has any questions, please leave them here. Once I get my official results, I'm planning to write up a guide for future PCAT takers.
In preparing for the PCAT chemistry section, please are we given the mass numbers in the question or expected to memorize the mass numbers of all the elements prior to coming in?

please respond.

Reactions: 1 user
In preparing for the PCAT chemistry section, please are we given the mass numbers in the question or expected to memorize the mass numbers of all the elements prior to coming in?

please respond.

I think they did but, I'm not 100% sure. However, you should definitely know the common ones by heart. (H = 1, C = 12, N = 14, & O = 16) I'm sure the test makers will give the mass numbers for the other elements.

For biology and chemistry did you use a lot of Dr. Collins? The Dr. Collins study guides seem to be helpful. Also, for the passage based questions in both bio/chem, did you answer them quickly or just guess perhaps since I heard they don't count towards your grade?

For biology and chemistry did you use a lot of Dr. Collins? The Dr. Collins study guides seem to be helpful. Also, for the passage based questions in both bio/chem, did you answer them quickly or just guess perhaps since I heard they don't count towards your grade?
Chemistry - Dr. Collins is enough.
Biology - It's like playing trivia. Don't rely on only one source.
I left the passage based items until the end. I think I answered them all, but don't know if they were experimental.

I took mine on the 17th of September. I'm new to SDN, but here are my preliminary scores:

Verbal Ability 91
Biology 97
Reading comp 88
Quantitative 97
Chemistry. 93
Composite. 97

I am a Baylor Biochemistry major with a 4.0 GPA currently. I'm applying next summer, but luckily this is out of the way now. I have a few questions: 1) does your essay score change the composite? 2) will it do me detriment that my RC score was not in the 90s range? 3) do the preliminary and final scores differ by much? 4) is it bad that I have no college pharmacy experience, even though I am pharmacy technician certified? 5) is this good enough for UT Austin and University of Houston pharmacy schools?

Those are for sure wonderful scores for UHCOP. You seem to be in good shape for UHCOP at least, if not UTCOP.