This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepharmacist2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I plan to take the PCAT this coming July and I was wondering if you have any advice- study aids, tools, websites, anything that could prep me in advance for this test. What has helped you ace it? I have biochem, microbiology, and anatomy and physiology left as course I did not take to prepare me. I also have Dr. Collins 2014-2015 prep study aids. Has anyone taken Kaplan course? I'd it beneficial? I also heard verbal ability is being thrown out (anyone scared and nervous as I am to take the first new changed test lol)

Thanks so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!

I plan to take the PCAT this coming July and I was wondering if you have any advice- study aids, tools, websites, anything that could prep me in advance for this test. What has helped you ace it? I have biochem, microbiology, and anatomy and physiology left as course I did not take to prepare me. I also have Dr. Collins 2014-2015 prep study aids. Has anyone taken Kaplan course? I'd it beneficial? I also heard verbal ability is being thrown out (anyone scared and nervous as I am to take the first new changed test lol)

Thanks so much!!

I don't recommend Kaplan only because I felt like I wasted my money and did not learn anything.

To score well, I STRONGLY suggest Dr. Collins and the Kaplan book but only for the biology section.

Reactions: 1 user
The most useful part of the Kaplan book is the 2 full-length practice tests. You can have the exact look and feel of the real test and how to navigate through it. I think it is important to familiarize yourself with the test layout before actually doing it. The guide and strategy in the Kaplan book isn't bad either. Some tips are very helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't recommend Kaplan only because I felt like I wasted my money and did not learn anything.

To score well, I STRONGLY suggest Dr. Collins and the Kaplan book but only for the biology section.

I also strongly agree with this. Dr. Collins and Kaplan book for bio.

I studied from Dr Collins, Kaplan bio section, and Pearson practice tests to score a 92 composite.

The class would only be useful if you have time to spare, show you which areas you need to work on, and/or you are lazy to study on your own.

Okay thanks
I also strongly agree with this. Dr. Collins and Kaplan book for bio.

I studied from Dr Collins, Kaplan bio section, and Pearson practice tests to score a 92 composite.

The class would only be useful if you have time to spare, show you which areas you need to work on, and/or you are lazy to study on your own.
So Dr. Collins helps for Chem review too? I have Dr. Collins and the 2014,15 Kaplan book. I think i'll by some Pearson practice tests too.

Yes Dr. Collins for everything. Kaplan to supplement the bio section. Pearson tests are very important!

Okay thanks

So Dr. Collins helps for Chem review too? I have Dr. Collins and the 2014,15 Kaplan book. I think i'll by some Pearson practice tests too.

Dr. Collins is your TO GO for all PCAT review- except for reading... you should use the Pearsons for that. So yes,kaplan for bio section, Pearson for practice tests and Collin for everything