Pcat Score Has Arrived!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarcoPolo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had it in my mail box this afternoon. I didn't expect to find it that soon. Anyways,I have it. Hope you guys find yours soon. Congradulations for those who got what they expected and for the rest,Keep up the hard work!

Peace,
Marco.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My composite score was 405 and My percentile was 57%.

How come people who got 420 got 84% and I only have 57%??? I'm confused...and sad.

Roughly 450 is a 99%, so a few more question rights makes a BIG difference. I'm sad too...just a few points and I can get into schools I want...*sigh*

Got my score just now!

verbal 405/60
bio 428/87
reading 408/62
math 453/97
chem 451/97

writing 3

composite 429/92

I think i did so much better than i expected (my first time!) except for bio which i studied the most! I totally freaked out after the test and went to amazon and bought a whole bunch of books. Now i'm contemplating if i need to retake it considering the fact that i need really good score to compensate for my not so good GPA. =(

im not gonna kick myself over the verbal/reading/writing part tho since english is not my first language. My strategy for any admission test (SAT) is to score as high as possible on science and math so i can screw up on english.

What if my grade drop in the second time around?! is that BAD?

i took the first one in october made a composite of 47
studied....

just got this in the mail:

Verbal:68
Bio:61
Math:99
Reading:48
Chemistry:93
Composite:93

almost double my score.

I got a 3.77 and 93percentile composite score at university of texas. Now its time to wait it out and hope for the best!

Great forums by the way, this is my first post. :D

I got my score today in TN

Verbal 372 13% :(
biology 417 76%
Reading 389 33% :(
Quant 420 82%
Chemistry 419 80%

Composite 403 57%

Writing 3

Can anyone tell me what should I do?
English is my second Language. I spent almost all my time studing for verbal with no improvement.???????

I got my score today in TN

Verbal 372 13% :(
biology 417 76%
Reading 389 33% :(
Quant 420 82%
Chemistry 419 80%

Composite 403 57%

Writing 3

Can anyone tell me what should I do?
English is my second Language. I spent almost all my time studing for verbal with no improvement.???????

You should just study the chem, math and maybe bio sections. If you do well in them, it will bring your score up. That's what I did. I only studied math and chem. The rest I didn't even care since I can't seem to improve on them and it worked!!! I went from a 55 to 73 and I didn't even improve much on chem and math or else the score would have been higher.

I live in New York. I got my scores back today

verbal 410 68
bio 411 69
reading 396 43
quant 409 68
chem 419 80

comp 409 68%

boooooo! I waited 6 weeks for these boooty scores!:eek:

Why do people compalin with an 83??? I just want a 75!!!! Where is my mailman???????

kellybean hi! i dont understand why you are so confident about a 70% score. I would think that is a low number and not too competitive. Im sitten here hoping for a 90% fearing I won't be competitive with anything lower. Am I missing something here?? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
kellybean hi! i dont understand why you are so confident about a 70% score. I would think that is a low number and not too competitive. Im sitten here hoping for a 90% fearing I won't be competitive with anything lower. Am I missing something here?? :)

Scores that are 75 percentile are deemed compettive at most schools. Of course the higher the better....but 75 is good enough at most schools to get ur application looked at

Reactions: 1 user
I just got my scores back, and i actually improved by a good bit since i didnt study the first time, but the scores went down in 2 of the sections then i did considerably better in without studyin the first time! wat the hell do i do now?

She got accepted to a school with her lower score before this one came back. She has a reason to be confident.:thumbup: The PCAT is only part of the equation that gets you into pharmacy school and people make too much of it.

Reactions: 1 user
She got accepted to a school with her lower score before this one came back. She has a reason to be confident.:thumbup: The PCAT is only part of the equation that gets you into pharmacy school and people make too much of it.

Yeah congratz on the acceptance. However what are the other parts of the equation? The main point of emphasis I am noticing from schools is the Science GPA or Pre-req GPA as they call it.

Yeah congratz on the acceptance. However what are the other parts of the equation? The main point of emphasis I am noticing from schools is the Science GPA or Pre-req GPA as they call it.
Different school have different formulas. Some schools take in to account: PCAT, GPA, GPA trends, classes taken, hours taken/work load, where the classes were taken, work experience, degrees earned, community service, and then the interview. Some schools, like USN, only care about GPA and the interview.

Verbal 461 99%
Biology 438 93%
Reading Comp 434 92%
Quantitative 438 93%
Chemistry 443 95%

Composite 443 98%

I was really surprised by a couple of my scores. I thought I had tanked on the math section since I couldn't finish in time. Instead, my lowest score turned out to be Reading Comp., which I had expected to be as high as verbal.

How do they score these things?! Could it just be that 93% of people that took the test fogot to bubble in the quantitative section?

I guess I'm some kind of an anti-stereotype... a russian jew who sucks at math (this obviously rigged test notwithstanding), yet somehow excells in English (my third).

This is my first time taking the PCAT; I already have a BA in Journalism & Mass Comm.(i.e. BS). I am only applying to MUSC in Charleston. The in-state discount is just too nice to pass up, and they have an excellent hospital with many opportunities to pursue the more clinical aspects of a PharmD.

got my pcat score!!! i didn't do as well as i wanted in verbal but here goes.

Verbal: 413 72%
Biology: 482 99%
Reading Comp: 412 69%
Quantitative: 442 94%
Chemistry: 458 98%

Composite: 441 97%

writing: 3

i was debating on taking the test over because the writing scores weren't so good but i probably won't since the composite is alright.

Verbal- 443/95
Bio- 428/87
Reading- 486/99
Quant- 424/85
Chem- 402/58
Composite- 437/96
Writing- 3

This was my first time taking the PCAT. I know my composite is a good score, but I bombed the chemistry. How much will this hurt my chances of being accepted?

Verbal 84
Biology 83
Reading 69
Quant 87
Chem 86
Composite 87
Writing 3

I didn't study and this was my first time taking the pcat. It will probably be the last since i got into LLU.

in new york
First time taker, English second language, studied 2 hours a day for two weeks.
Verbal 40
Bio 48
Reading 55
Quantitative 55
Chemistry 58
Composite 49
Writing 2
I will take it again in June or August and study more this time

Anyone still not gotten their scores yet? I'm in NC and still waiting?!

I'm in South Philly and still waiting. This afternoon I received an interview invitation from Temple, who requires the PCAT before an application is complete, so I at least know the mail man 4 miles away is hard at work. The anticipation is killing me. Perhaps when I call Temple on Monday to schedule the interview I'll ask the secretary to check my file for the PCAT and ask her what my score is.

Scores arrived in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan!

Verbal: (410) 68%
Biology: (414) 73%
Reading Comp: (396) 43%
Quantitative: (415) 76%
Chemistry: (439) 93%

Composite: (415) 78%

Writing: 3

So this is my first time taking the PCAT and i'm currently a sophmore and didn't have all of my bio requirements completed before taking this exam. I'm not planning on applying to pharmacy school until after my junior year, should i retake to get that darn reading comp score up :laugh: "a bit":laugh: and also bring up my biology score. I've also only had a semester of orgo so I think I can improve my Chem score too.

Yeah, I am just accepting that I am horrible at the "structure" of the english language! Not surpised by my verbal or reading comp scores really.

:cool: One Happy Yooper :D with a first attempt at this brutal test!:cool:

in new york
First time taker, English second language, studied 2 hours a day for two weeks.
Verbal 40
Bio 48
Reading 55
Quantitative 55
Chemistry 58
Composite 49
Writing 2
I will take it again in June or August and study more this time

trust me, studying DOES NOT help....its all ur luck

Ok here is deal ... English as my second language and i did very nice on each section other than enligshs sections and writing

Verbal 31%
Biology 99%
Reading21%
Quant. 93%
Chem. 98%

Writing i got 2

I still waitin for my interview, except i never got it. What shall i do. My english is real bad, this said from american friends. Really hard for them to uderstand me. Should i take english classes?
GPA is 4.00.

trust me, studying DOES NOT help....its all ur luck

I disagree - If luck was the only factor then anyone should be able to walk in, take the test, and have an equal chance of scoring as well as someone who studied in preparation... I don't believe it works that way.

IMO, you can never go wrong studying for the PCAT - if nothing else, you've acquired knowledge and skills that you'll likely use later in your pre-pharm or pharmacy classes.

It depends on whether it's your pronounciation that's difficult to understand, or your sentence structure and syntax. Judging from your scores, I'd say both. Still, you managed to communicate well enough here.

I recommend taking a Speech class (you'll be forced to write, read, and speak English), or even take an ESL class from your local Parks and Rec, or community college.

Julianne- do you remember how long it was between the time HSOP got your complete application (including PCAT score), and you were asked to interview?

Julianne- do you remember how long it was between the time HSOP got your complete application (including PCAT score), and you were asked to interview?

I was ED, so I got an interview offer pretty quick (application deadline was 9-1 and I received an interview request about a week later). Also, I took the PCAT in June of 2005, so I didn't have to wait for my scores in order for my application to be complete.

Different school have different formulas. Some schools take in to account: PCAT, GPA, GPA trends, classes taken, hours taken/work load, where the classes were taken, work experience, degrees earned, community service, and then the interview. Some schools, like USN, only care about GPA and the interview.

I'd like to know which schools focus on the whole picture and not just science GPA cuz that is my weakest point. Is there any place where they list what schools focus on?

studied....

almost double my score.

I got a 3.77 and 93percentile composite score at university of texas. Now its time to wait it out and hope for the best!

Welcome to SDN!! And great job, BTW, on the tremendous improvement in your scores - did you find that any one thing in particular helped you the most while studying??

studied....

almost double my score.

Wow, my scores for are surprisingly similar to yours! All but Math and Bio! Cept you killed me in the composite! Congrats! This shows me that i should look over my math before the next exam.

Me: Verbal:68
Bio:73
Math:76
Reading:43
Composite:78

I disagree - If luck was the only factor then anyone should be able to walk in, take the test, and have an equal chance of scoring as well as someone who studied in preparation... I don't believe it works that way.

IMO, you can never go wrong studying for the PCAT - if nothing else, you've acquired knowledge and skills that you'll likely use later in your pre-pharm or pharmacy classes.

what about some ppl that dont even study, have been out of college for 5-6 yrs, some r sick that day...and still end up making in the 90's....if thats not called luck then what? and not everyone is lucky

some ppl work their butts off but still cant get above 70's....those r the unlucky ones..

well, just my opinion...no one has to agree to it though:D

I love that show too!!! HOUSE!!! He is so mean, which is so attractive..lol..

He is SOOOOO hot.

I love that show too!!! HOUSE!!! He is so mean, which is so attractive..lol..

I agree with both of ya (but we should probably take our swooning to a more appropriate thread :laugh: ) - Ok, so back to our regularly scheduled programming...