1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
Whether you’re preparing for the USMLE, COMLEX, NBDE or APMLE, Test Prep Week Exhibitors can help you ace your boards!

PCAT scores take 2

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by seelton, Sep 8, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. seelton

seelton

Sep 4, 2017
    So I just took the PCAT again and I'm a little discouraged because I scored less this time.
    So July 2017:
    Bio:41
    Chem:87
    Crit R.:69
    Quant:47
    Comp:64

And September 2017
    Bio:58
    Chem:55
    Crit R: 72
    Quant: 57
    Comp: 60

Just wondering what my chances are with this score. I'm applying to six schools because I'm so worried I won't get in to any school with these scores and hardly any experience beyond shadowing. Overall, I did better on each section besides the chemical processes section which lowered my composite by a lot. Any thoughts?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. manan982

manan982

Nov 3, 2015
    What is your gpa? And extra curriculars?

4. seelton

seelton

Sep 4, 2017
    GPA: 3.47
    As far as extracurriculars go, I currently work in a restaurant and have been there for three years and I have shadowed a pharmacist and am working on more shadowing experiences while I'm applying (to get a better understanding of what types of pharmacy jobs are out there). I'm apart of the Biochemistry Club (ASBMB). I will also be graduating in December with a B.S. in Chemistry.

5. oregonian19

oregonian19

May 12, 2017
    As for your GPA and extracurriculars, I think you're in a good position. My one suggestion would be to get more hands-on experience in a pharmacy, however (and varied) shadow experiences may suffice.

Regarding the PCAT, your chem score the first time was great. I do believe they will consider subject scores from different tests, not everything from a single test, which is good in your case.

Have you taken all biology prereq courses and when was the last time you took math and English classes? I keep seeing people on here who take the PCAT even though they have never taken A&P, calc, Ochem, etc. and are surprised when they don't do well or are lacking in a given subject.