PCAT submission on PharmCAS question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bestpharmmm

Reaction score
Hi what's up guys?
I have a question regarding submit PCAT scores.
I am applying only for the schools that does not require PCAT scores.
However, I thought that it might be a good impression if I submit PCAT score if result comes out good.

My question is..if I decide to take PCAT and PCAT score result comes out bad, Can I just not submit any PCAT score? or once I take the test, it must be submitted?

Do you guys think it is good idea to take it even if it is not required? or would they not even consider scores?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

What if you don’t get accepted to that school? And you decide that you want to apply to a different school that requires it?

I mean, let’s be honest, if you score less than a 40 on the PCAT - you probably shouldn’t be going to pharmacy school anyways... but there are schools out there that will accept you with a 10 - we call those For-Profit schools..

If you know you’ll get accepted then don’t waste your money on the test - but if you’re not certain - look at the schools of interest and go from there..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @bestpharmmm! In my opinion, if the school does not require a PCAT score, then I wouldn't worry too much on taking it. Instead, I would focus on making your application stand out. For example, make sure you have written quality essays both in the PharmCAS application portion and in potential supplemental applications. If you do decide to take the PCAT, make sure that the school would consider the score as part of your application. You can find more detail on what scores schools would accept on its website or by contacting the admission team.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.